No announcement yet.

Winslow traded to the Bucs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Winslow, but the Browns just had to get rid of him. They need more draft picks in the worst way, and no one knows how long Winslow's knee will hold up. They got something for him while they still can.

Comment

The Buccaneers are the Browns-South: Jeff Faine, Kellen Winslow, Antonio Bryant...why don't they just resign Jeff Garcia too?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
        Wow what a move that hurts to see him in my DIV.
        Tell me about it. :(
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Instead of the Brown-cos how about the Browncaneers?

Comment

I would not be shocked if Winslow retires after 2 years. His knee is that bad

Comment

ESPN says it's a 2nd and a 3rd. Good deal.

Comment

That's armed robbery

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Both from this year?

Comment

Well, slightly less upset if it is indeed a 2nd and 3rd.

That leaves the Bucs with very few picks and quite a lot of holes. I'm guessing they're planning to be very active over the next couple of days.
                    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Hahahaha. I wonder if he'll be able to stay on the field? I wouldn't have done that trade.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

2nd and a 3rd is good value for the Browns. Considering the distance between Winslow and Cleveland, I would say this is a good deal for them. I like what the Bucs got in this deal, but i'm not sure if i personally would have given that much considering the injury history and potential issues. Seems like they take all the risk and they still gave a fair bit. Winslow can be an elite TE though, and i think he will prove valuable for the Bucs and increases credibility after they cut so many key players. My thought though was that they wanted to start young and build....and although Winslow is young, i again worry about the knee.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Has the 2nd and 3rd been confirmed yet? If so I am really not too big of a fan of this trade. Even though last year's 2nd and 3rd round picks netted us dexter jackson and Zuttah.

The Bucs are really going to fill some real needs through FA this year with their lack of draft picks.
                          Last edited by Chucky; 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            by "ESPN says" do you mean "Tim Hasslebeck guesses"?

I would be very mad if it is a 2nd and 3rd.
                            save Freeman

Comment

Martin Rucker.....Cleveland's #1 TE?

Comment

love winslow, but i agree with what a lot of other browns fans are saying in that you just don't know how much time he has left so we might as well get something for him while we can because his career is just going to waste at this point.

2nd and 3rd would be great, exactly what i was hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information