No announcement yet.

Winslow traded to the Bucs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sad to see him go but I'm glad we got some picks for him. I wish him the best in Tampa Bay. He'll play 100% until his leg falls off. I really hope the Browns can find Quinn a reliable receiving option this off-season.

Comment

2009 2nd round pick and a 2010 5th round pick.

Comment

Thing is, there are so many good receiving TE options in the draft, who cost much less, and would be available with that 2nd rounder, or even a 3rd.

They'd be similar to KW, but without the huge contract, ego, and injury problems. Not quite the athlete, but not that far off really, especially post knee surgeries.

It has repeatedly been shown that a TE drafted in the 2nd (or later) can develop into a quality player quickly: e.g. Tony Scheffler, Owen Daniels, Zach Miller, etc...

None are quite the game changer that KW can be, but are far more reasonable, especially for a team that is apparently rebuilding.
        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
          Thing is, there are so many good receiving TE options in the draft, who cost much less, and would be available with that 2nd rounder, or even a 3rd.

They'd be similar to KW, but without the huge contract, ego, and injury problems. Not quite the athlete, but not that far off really, especially post knee surgeries.

It has repeatedly been shown that a TE drafted in the 2nd (or later) can develop into a quality player quickly: e.g. Tony Scheffler, Owen Daniels, Zach Miller, etc...

None are quite the game changer that KW can be, but are far more reasonable, especially for a team that is apparently rebuilding.
          They would be not similar to KW at all. Ego or not, Kellen Winslow is the #2 or #3 receiving TE in the NFL when he plays. He poses a huge mismatch for defenses. Winslow is a much better receiver than those players listed (except maybe Daniels) after his injury problems.

As for the move itself, I think it is a good one. The Saints and Falcons have no answer for him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            2009 2nd round pick and a 2010 5th round pick.
            Eh...I'm a little bit disappointed after hearing a 2nd and a 3rd. I think he's worth more than a 2009 2nd round pick and 2010 5th round. Where did you get this btw?

Comment

plain dealer, but it's from schefter and clayton too. Some think his skills were deteriorating a bit since a couple years ago, I'm all for 3 picks in the top 50 picks of the draft.

Comment

To be honest this move completely shocked me. It came out of nowhere as far as the Buccaneers are concerned. If reports are correct and it is for a 2nd and a 5th, I don't mind it all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Unless it's for a 1st round pick, the Browns are stupid.

I feel so bad for Browns fans. Just terrible management.
                  Like most people on this thread, your comments reak of ignorance. He was becoming a cancer to the team, his knees are rubble, and he was always complaining about his contract. No one in the league was going to give the Browns a 1st round pick for him; they got two picks. Everyone that knows football has said today that this is a great move by Cleveland. Who you should be feeling sorry for is TB, who just got a player whos better days are behind him and is a pain the the rear to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    plain dealer, but it's from schefter and clayton too. Some think his skills were deteriorating a bit since a couple years ago, I'm all for 3 picks in the top 50 picks of the draft.
                    Perhaps 4 depending on what they can get for Derek Anderson

Comment

If we can move Derek Anderson then we'll be in business in terms of first day draft picks. We can get potentially get 4 or 5 starters in this draft if we get a 2nd or early third for DA.

Comment

This thread has done a good job of outlining the Pros and Cons for both teams. As a Bucs fan, I am happy about the trade. Winslow is young enough to get his career on track and he would be a major upgrade to our receiving corp. Sure he comes with downside, but so does every player drafted in the mid/late 2nd round.

Comment

The Browns would be absolutely ******** if they traded Derek Anderson for anything less than a high second, he was a pro bowl QB 2 years ago, had a bad year with people playing terrible around him. At least keep him as a back-up QB if youre only going to get mid 2nd or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            The Browns would be absolutely ******** if they traded Derek Anderson for anything less than a high second, he was a pro bowl QB 2 years ago, had a bad year with people playing terrible around him. At least keep him as a back-up QB if youre only going to get mid 2nd or worse.
                            A backup QB with a huge contract. Mid 2nd would be decent value for a guy who is inconsistent but certainly has ability.

Also this is a decent deal. I'm confused as to why people are so surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                              A backup QB with a huge contract. Mid 2nd would be decent value for a guy who is inconsistent but certainly has ability.

Also this is a decent deal. I'm confused as to why people are so surprised.
                              It would be DECENT value but not GOOD value... I want good value for a guy who went to the pro bowl only a year ago, and while he was bad this year he had NO help around him this year what so ever.

That on top of the fact that Quinn looked very bad in 2 of the 3 games he played in.

Comment

It really is a shame to see what has happened to Derek Anderson happen. Sadley we all saw it coming. He needs to be traded, the media won't let him start in Cleveland.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information