No announcement yet.

Winslow traded to the Bucs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do feel bad for him but, hey, if he played well it never would have happened. He deserves a shot to start somewhere else but I'm not going to feel bad for him if he gets traded because he was playing bad and got replaced. Quinn was mediocre as well but if they're about the same, Quinn is younger, and Anderson has more value, it makes sense to trade DA.

Comment

Hell yeah KW back in the sunshine state baby! But i hope he proves everyone wrong stay healty "Warm weather helps" and stright beast it this year. I wonder whats gonna happen to alex smith T.E. because i think he can be very good too?

Comment

i like alex smith he'll still be a factor, i think

bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by ChazMonk View Post
          Like most people on this thread, your comments reak of ignorance. He was becoming a cancer to the team, his knees are rubble, and he was always complaining about his contract. No one in the league was going to give the Browns a 1st round pick for him; they got two picks. Everyone that knows football has said today that this is a great move by Cleveland. Who you should be feeling sorry for is TB, who just got a player whos better days are behind him and is a pain the the rear to deal with.
          Sorry friend. I can think of at least 5-6 football analysts that don't like the trade-given the lack of real talent on the Browns and the development of Quinn. Team "cancers" is becoming an easy explanation NFL cliche.... Unless you shoot yourself in the leg.

Originally posted by borg9
          Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            If we can move Derek Anderson then we'll be in business in terms of first day draft picks. We can get potentially get 4 or 5 starters in this draft if we get a 2nd or early third for DA.
            I still don't mind Anderson coming to Carolina if that were possible. Hell now you guys have two seconds, package both of those with DA and offer Peppers, I'd be pretty happy with 3 2nd rounders in lieu of a 1st.

He's young, at least serviceable (needs some work) and wouldn't be a bad option once Delhomme retires (not far off imo).

I like what the Browns are doing this year after spending so many of their picks and cash on stuff that didn't really pan out last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
              Sorry friend. I can think of at least 5-6 football analysts that don't like the trade-given the lack of real talent on the Browns and the development of Quinn. Team "cancers" is becoming an easy explanation NFL cliche.... Unless you shoot yourself in the leg.
              Why was it a bad move?

We have TE depth in Heiden, Dinkins and Rucker even though Heiden and Rucker are coming off of injuries. When Winslow was out last year Heiden was more then fine in his spot.

Like Wonderbredd stated, Winslow is on borrowed time, he's coming off of a broken leg, torn acl, [insert number] knee surgeries, shoulder surgeries and that list is growing and growing. Yeah Winslow is a beast and always played through it as much as possible but that's going to catch up with him. You have to start wondering if his NFL days are numbered yet.

Plus Winslow wanted a new contract which we weren't going to give him.

Winslow was one of my favorite players on the Browns but really, I'm not going to miss his inability to block anything, or all the headcase penalties he caused with the play no where near him. He's a good football player but you can see that with injuries, depth at TE, payday he wants, his "I want out of Cleveland" attitude, his inability to block, the boneheaded penalties, his selfishness and the fact he's going to be a Free Agent soon caused us to pull the trigger on him.

I do wish we would have gotten more for him however. =\

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information