Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T.J. Houshmanzadeh Signs With Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Considering they just locked up Michael Clayton and will probably do the same with Winslow eventually, I would think the Bucs would sign either Bryant or Housh long-term. Not both.

    Given that they already know what they have in Bryant and that he's three-and-a-half years younger than Housh, he's probably their bigger priority.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

    Comment


    • I'd prefer Hakeem Nicks anyway. lol

      Comment


      • The Vikings are reportedly intent on not letting free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh leave their Winter Park facility unsigned.
        Minnesota is expected to only propose a short-term deal, however, due to concerns about Houshmandzadeh's age. The Vikes also already have $49M tied up in Bernard Berrian. Still, with Housh planning to sign somewhere by Sunday evening, this union may be imminent. We're guessing he'd get a three-year deal worth $8-9 million annually and $10 million guaranteed. Mar. 1 - 3:58 pm et
        Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

        - Ko Simpson

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
          The Vikings are reportedly intent on not letting free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh leave their Winter Park facility unsigned.
          Minnesota is expected to only propose a short-term deal, however, due to concerns about Houshmandzadeh's age. The Vikes also already have $49M tied up in Bernard Berrian. Still, with Housh planning to sign somewhere by Sunday evening, this union may be imminent. We're guessing he'd get a three-year deal worth $8-9 million annually and $10 million guaranteed. Mar. 1 - 3:58 pm et
          Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
          I read this earlier and I would be satisfied with 3 years 26 million or something around those numbers. Just wishing this deal would get done.



          Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

          Comment


          • Houshmandzadeh remains in town
            March 1st, 2009 – 4:31 PM by Judd Zulgad
            Won’t get into too many specifics for security purposes, but free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is definitely going to remain in town for now. He and Vikings executives were just dropped off by the limo of which we have written so frequently today. What we don’t know is if negotiations are completed and Houshmandzadeh has agreed to terms or if talks are going to continue with the Vikings. Houshmandzadeh ended up spending about five-and-a-half hours at Winter Park today. Stay tuned and we’ll stay on it.
            oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

            Comment


            • Originally posted by russie View Post
              Houshmandzadeh remains in town
              March 1st, 2009 – 4:31 PM by Judd Zulgad
              Won’t get into too many specifics for security purposes, but free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is definitely going to remain in town for now. He and Vikings executives were just dropped off by the limo of which we have written so frequently today. What we don’t know is if negotiations are completed and Houshmandzadeh has agreed to terms or if talks are going to continue with the Vikings. Houshmandzadeh ended up spending about five-and-a-half hours at Winter Park today. Stay tuned and we’ll stay on it.
              Do it boys do it! Take him on a love cruise if you have to!
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

              - Ko Simpson

              Comment


              • Apparently he's either a Viking tonight or by tomorrow morning, or he comes back to the Bengals. For the right price, I'd like T.J. back, but I'd really rather the team focus on re-signing Cedric Benson and perhaps make a run at a veteran offensive lineman. Khalif Barnes would make a solid Right Tackle and would allow us to focus elsewhere at #6 as we'd keep Anthony Collins at Left Tackle, which is all fine by me. I hope Mike Brown also gets his ass in gear and brings in Matt Birk, signing him to a small year. Also would give our line stability and some flexibility in the draft.

                P.S. : Once again, Old School just started on TBS. hahaha

                big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                Comment


                • Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh reportedly may not decide to sign with a team until Monday morning now.
                  Housh had targeted Sunday night to sign, but Minnesota is putting on the full court press. It may be a two-horse race now with the Bengals also involved.
                  Source: bengals.com
                  What? So the former "leader" Seattle is now out of it?
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                  - Ko Simpson

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    I wonder why the Bucs are not making a run at Housh. Him, Bryant and Winslow would make a nice trio of pass catchers and allow us to use our first rounder on something other than WR.
                    The team has other, pretty big needs other than another pass catcher. With the clayton signing, Bryant, the trade for winslow and the draft last year you've got some decent options. Now you need someone to throw to them.

                    Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    What? So the former "leader" Seattle is now out of it?
                    Sounds that way. Hell, anything can happen I remember a few years ago when the Panthers signed Keyshawn Johnson there were news reports saying he wasn't even going to fly to Carolina after visiting with one of the west teams and the next morning I checked the news and saw a big photo of him holding a black and blue jersey.

                    As far as I care, no team has a "lead" no player has shown "interest" until there's a signature on the bottom line and its announced by the team.

                    Comment


                    • I just don't see Seattle ending up with Houshmandzadeh. They might have a respectable offer on the table, but nothing to win the sweepstakes. Or at least that's my suspicion, I don't think they're as big on him as some outside think they would be.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                      Comment


                      • I don't think Housh would be that big on them over Minnesota who get a lot of exposure.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          I just don't see Seattle ending up with Houshmandzadeh. They might have a respectable offer on the table, but nothing to win the sweepstakes. Or at least that's my suspicion, I don't think they're as big on him as some outside think they would be.
                          I hope you're right. But John Clayton said Seattle was in the "lead" earlier today and there were reports that he was "enamored" with Seattle (He's a WC guy too).

                          At this point it seems like Housh is close to signing with the Vikings- he seems pretty impressionable LOL. I would laugh if after all this he went back to Cincy.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                          - Ko Simpson

                          Comment


                          • I'd put stock in what Clayton is saying, he's good with info on Seattle since being a beat reporter there years ago. So maybe I underestimate Seattle's interest.

                            Still, perhaps another team is willing to pay more.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                              I hope you're right. But John Clayton said Seattle was in the "lead" earlier today and there were reports that he was "enamored" with Seattle (He's a WC guy too).

                              At this point it seems like Housh is close to signing with the Vikings- he seems pretty impressionable LOL. I would laugh if after all this he went back to Cincy.
                              Even so, what's housh suppose to say - he met with Seattle before Minnesota. If he says he hates Seattle then he puts all his eggs in one basket hoping Minnesota gives him the deal he wants.

                              I imaging most guys think they should act enamored with all cities unless they know for sure they definitely don't want to sign there.

                              Comment


                              • Housh on hold

                                T.J. Houshmandzadeh will remain a free agent until at least Monday.

                                "No decision tonight," agent Kennard McGuire said in a brief email.

                                All indications are, however, that the Vikings impressed him. Houshmandzadeh was impressed by the team's personnel, professionalism and -- most importantly -- potential.

                                But word is, he wanted to spend the evening speaking to his wife, Kaci, and sleeping before making such a big decision.

                                It likely will come down to the Vikings and Cincinnati Bengals.

                                Don't be surprised by a big press conference Monday at Winter Park, though.
                                That is from http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/ by Sean Jensen.

                                So looks like it wont be done tonight like previously said but hopefully it will be done tomorrow and and what i hope he will be in purple.



                                Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information