Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T.J. Houshmanzadeh Signs With Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    Let's be honest, what possible incentive could TJ have to make him rather go to Seattle than Philly? lol
    The fact that Seattle, as a city itself, isn't a dump would be where I'd start off.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
      The fact that Seattle, as a city itself, isn't a dump would be where I'd start off.
      Someone beat you to it, and it wasn't original then. Nice try though.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
        Someone beat you to it, and it wasn't original then. Nice try though.
        Didn't read the entire thread. Your petty comments don't make me feel worse. Nice try though.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
          Man the eagles FO is really starting to piss me off.
          The Eagles' front office isn't going to invest big money in a 32-years-old-this-September wide receiver who isn't a big deep threat. You should know that as an Eagles fan already.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
            Didn't read the entire thread. Your petty comments don't make me feel worse. Nice try though.
            My petty comments? I'm not the one making fun of the condition of a whole city, when this is a football discussion.

            Comment


            • #51
              Btw, if it feels like I've been dogging Housh, I think he is a very good receiver. I don't like his ego and attitude, but he's a very good player and whoever does sign him gets a starter to help their offense. Similar to Wes Welker.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                My petty comments? I'm not the one making fun of the condition of a whole city, when this is a football discussion.
                You asked what reasons he would have. The fact that Seattle is one of the nicest cities in America, and Philadelphia is full of ******** assholes, is definately relevant.


                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  The Eagles' front office isn't going to invest big money in a 32-years-old-this-September wide receiver who isn't a big deep threat. You should know that as an Eagles fan already.
                  I was hoping for a 2-3 year deal that could increase the eagles chances at winning a SB for that time period, it seems like the eagles are always thinking 5 years down the road when they should be thinking about now. That's why we're always in the playoff hunt but we never win the big one. Also we already have a great deep threat in DeSean Jackson, Housh would complement him very well.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    You asked what reasons he would have. The fact that Seattle is one of the nicest cities in America, and Philadelphia is full of ******** assholes, is definately relevant.
                    I was talking strictly from a football standpoint, but I can see why Seattle is on the top of everyone's wishlist as far as cities are concerned. Everyone is so depressed there it has the highest suicide rate in the country, I can see why Housh would want to go there.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I agree with you that Houshmandzadeh would be a good fit in Philly, but the Eagles aren't going to spend that much for players past the age of 30. Terrell Owens was an exception, as an elite player who turned 31 in December of his first season with the team. He had size and experience in the WCO in his favor though, so even if he began to decline, he would still be productive.

                      Especially after Houshmazilli and his agent tried to pull one over the Eagles and that pissed them off. I think he may have burned that bridge, unless he continues to go unsigned and then lowers his price (for real this time) to sign with Philly.

                      But I don't think he'll land in Philly.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Seriously, I hate this guy's ego and attitude. Him and Chad Johnson and Chris Henry, I dislike them all. I feel sorry for Carson.

                        Plus the Bengals were stupid to sign Ben Utecht from the Colts. I didn't want to say it then to not hurt the fans' feelings, but he's an alright guy except he fumbles and can't stay healthy. The latter they saw for themselves in his first season in Cincy.

                        Hopefully Crabtree falls to the Bengals so Palmer can have a really great trio of Crabtree, Caldwell, and Simpson. Guys willing to play the game without absurd egos and bad character screwing it all up.
                        LOL what WR in the league doesn't have an ego-in fact what star pro athlete doesn't have an ego-some just don't show it in public. Crabtree "I'm just a great person" is no different. I think Carson's feeling more sorry about his team's #1 guy and the team's leader possibly leaving.

                        Originally posted by borg9
                        Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I don't disagree, any wide receiver has more ego than any other football position. Other than maybe cornerback, who might be very close.

                          It's intrinsic, part of their nature, because wide receivers and cornerbacks have the closest thing to a one-on-one matchup as there is in football. They have to go out there and beat their man.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            I was talking strictly from a football standpoint, but I can see why Seattle is on the top of everyone's wishlist as far as cities are concerned. Everyone is so depressed there it has the highest suicide rate in the country, I can see why Housh would want to go there.
                            You thinking that Philly is nicer than Seattle leads me to believe that you've never left the Deleware/S Jersey/Philly area in your life. People that live there actually think its nice, and those of us that have had to work there for several months make fun of you for it.

                            But back to Housh, I see him being an obviously more talented Nate Burleson, but with sort of the same result out in Seattle. They sign him to big money, when he's never really proven to be a legit #1 without someone lining up on the otherside. Even if Seattle did sign him, I still think they're in the running for Crabtree in the draft.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              I don't disagree, any wide receiver has more ego than any other football position. Other than maybe cornerback, who might be very close.

                              It's intrinsic, part of their nature, because wide receivers and cornerbacks have the closest thing to a one-on-one matchup as there is in football. They have to go out there and beat their man.
                              True. The only time I knock it is when it gets into TO level-completely dysfunctional. But I think even he could be tolerated and calmed by a strong coach.

                              Originally posted by borg9
                              Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                He will land in Minnesota. Vikings are in need of a number 2 guy. Or in Housh's case he would be #1 and Berrian #2. Wade is a solid #3.

                                sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information