No announcement yet.

Chiefs acquire Mike Vrabel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course being a product of the system you're in should factor. Every team should want to have the same kind of OL and weapons that the Pats do, but many teams don't.

It's all about how the individual views Cassel. I don't see him as a franchise QB. I think there is a lot more upside to a Stafford or even a Sanchez. If we were to draft Sanchez or Stafford at 3 overall they could sit a year and learn the offense, learn the pro game. If we trade for Cassel he is going to start and right now I'm not sure who would be successful with our offense.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I really hope that trade rumor is just a rumor. The Cheifs are another good draft or two away from returning to the top of the division.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Why would Belichek hate Mangini? Mangini is one of Belichek's best coordinators.

Comment

Whoa, whoa...Hold the horses...

I heard earlier in the day that it would be a 6th or 7th for Vrabel straight up...but there are more and more signs pointing to some package deal for Cassel. The supposed trade would go down like this:

KC Gets:
          Pat's 1st
          Vrabel
          Cassel

Pats get:
          KC's 1st and Third

And then maybe a late round swap of picks.

At least, that's the word on the street :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            KC Gets:
            Pat's 1st
            Vrabel
            Cassel

Pats get:
            KC's 1st and Third
            :D
            No Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
              Of course being a product of the system you're in should factor. Every team should want to have the same kind of OL and weapons that the Pats do, but many teams don't.

It's all about how the individual views Cassel. I don't see him as a franchise QB. I think there is a lot more upside to a Stafford or even a Sanchez. If we were to draft Sanchez or Stafford at 3 overall they could sit a year and learn the offense, learn the pro game. If we trade for Cassel he is going to start and right now I'm not sure who would be successful with our offense.
              The Chiefs are a couple tweaks along the OL and another receiving option away from having a damn good offense if they had a good QB. Cassel's a really good fit. I hope the Chiefs get him. He's a leader, has the proper demeanor for a franchise QB, reads defenses, goes through progressions, has all the physical tools, and is renowned for his work ethic.

Tony G & Bowe isn't far off from Welker & Moss...
              ________
              E-cigarette store
              Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                Its really going to be Brady and Vrabel to the Chiefs for our first round pick and NE keeps Cassel as their QBOTF the Cassel talk is just a smoke screen you heard it here first... :)
                yes and have him bring Gisele too :D

Comment

I would disagree with this.Matt Cassel had some success at the NFL level I would take him over a rookie

Comment

Hopefully this means people on this site will finally stop arguing with me when I say KC is moving to a 3-4. It's f'n obvious considering Pioli has never been with an organization that did not run a 3-4, but I'm this move should put the argument to rest.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

In no way is Vrabel and Cassel worth 3rd overall. That's just stupid.
                      I agree now if we swap first round picks as well then maybe I could see but I still would be a little up set.

I'm not a Cassel hater I do feel he could be a solid starter but if you draft a guy top 3 you are going to want a little more then solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                        I agree now if we swap first round picks as well then maybe I could see but I still would be a little up set.

I'm not a Cassel hater I do feel he could be a solid starter but if you draft a guy top 3 you are going to want a little more then solid.
                        I wonder if it could be a conditional 2nd for '10 that based on preformance can go to a 1st

Comment

I think the proper value for Cassel is a mid first and a later or 2010 pick or an early-to-mid-2nd round pick and a conditional 2010 pick that could become a first rounder.

But, as far as the main topic of the thread goes...hopefully Mike Vrabel will come in with a clear mind and great attitude. He can help the Chiefs form a winner and be a good stop-gap at both ILB and OLB as the Chiefs work themselves into a 3-4 base.

Chiefs fans will love him. He's Jared Allen without the DUI's - personality-wise.
                          ________
                          CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
                          Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

With Pioli on one end and Belichick on the other I'm surprised they even announced that Vrable was traded. I would've expected it to be "An undisclosed Patriots player was traded to the Chiefs for an Undisclosed draft pick." It woudl be months before we would find out who had been traded and for what
                            Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

I love this trade, as long as its a 5th of less. We need someone on that D who is a winner and knows what it takes on the field and in the meetings to successfully run a 3-4.

And if we can get Cassel, we need to get him. I don't even know if NE would want our #3 pick even if we offered it. The $ is outrageous for these top picks.

We may have to give up our 2nd and a conditional next year. This is probably better for NE. I would rather swap 1st's than give up that early second.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                                Basically think of it this way:

- Patriots likely would have released Vrabel
                                - Vrabel would be courted by Eric Mangini
                                - Belichick does not like Mangini
                                - Pioli runs Chiefs, a very young team
                                - Pioli needs 3-4 pieces and veteran leadership
                                - Belichick likes Pioli
                                - Trade for a 4th-5th
                                - ???
                                - Profit!
                                Think of it this way.

-belichick is satan
                                -belichick uses his satanic charm to convince pioli to go the chiefs
                                -the chiefs become the patriots farm team
                                -belichick sends aging veterens for high picks.
                                -has a double securing a young nucleus of players to dominate the nfl
                                -belichick and pioli come out of the closet and rule the nfl hand in hand

I'm thinking i'll turn it into an illustrated childrens book.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information