Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per PFT: Brian Dawkins near to signing with Broncos!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per PFT: Brian Dawkins near to signing with Broncos!

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/rea...igns_in_denver

After 13 years with the Eagles, safety Brian Dawkins will have a new home.

David White of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Dawkins has agreed to terms with the Broncos.

Dawkins, 35, had said during the season that he thought he'd work out a deal to end his career in Philly. It could still happen, but only after a stint with the Broncos.
    Absolutely speechless.

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    I wonder how Sniper feels about this...

Leave a comment:

• Go_Eagles77
    replied
    Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    For a tough guy, Dawkins seems to cry a lot.
    True, but he's always been someone to wear his emotions on his sleeve, which is something I love about him.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    For a tough guy, Dawkins seems to cry a lot. It's going to be a crappy year for my jersey collection. I have four, Dawkins, Peppers and Winslow, at least my beason one is accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Go_Eagles77
    replied
    I just listened to an interview between Brian Dawkins and a local eagles reporter and he was so emotional he had to cut it short, damn this sucks, this hurts more than losing the NFC Championship.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
    Well Dawkins on his worst day was better than all the safties they had last year combined, so great signing.
    That's more of an insult to what Denver had at safety, because Dawkins was absolute trash in pass coverage last season.

Leave a comment:

• CT Bronco Fan
    replied
    Broncos | Dawkins deal complete
    Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:58:33 -0800

Updating previous reports, NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports free-agent S Brian Dawkins (Eagles) is now a member of the Denver Broncos. He received a five-year, $17 million deal with $7.2 million guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• Menardo75
    replied
    Well Dawkins on his worst day was better than all the safties they had last year combined, so great signing.

Leave a comment:

• Komp
    replied
    This is a great signing by the Broncos. It'll give their defense some much needed teeth. The only bad part is we have to play him twice a year now.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    replied
    Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
    to join Denver!
    We can only hope. Oh man, I have this friend who is a Ravens fan, and he's pissed at Bart Scott, he is pissed about Dawkins cuz he likes him and hates Denver cuz I like them. If Ray Lewis were to sign with us... I don't think I'd ever stop dancing in his face.

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    John Lynch signing 2.0?

Leave a comment:

• CT Bronco Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    There is, and his name is Ray Lewis...and unfortunately, hes about to leave Baltimore :(
    to join Denver!

Leave a comment:

• A Perfect Score
    replied
    Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    After watching Dawk every year since I've become a football fan, I have a hard time believing there's a better leader in the NFL.
    There is, and his name is Ray Lewis...and unfortunately, hes about to leave Baltimore :(

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
    Yeah really what the hell.
    He just keeps getting jobs even though he's only been a poor coach.

Leave a comment:

• Go_Eagles77
    replied
    After watching Dawk every year since I've become a football fan, I have a hard time believing there's a better leader in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information