Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lito Sheppard traded to the Jets

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/eagl...ppard-to-jets/

Sheppard traded to the Jets for a '09 5th and '10 conditional pick.

Good deal for both teams. Jets making another strong push this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

a fifth? regardless of how he's played and acted recently... this is a good trade for the jets.

damn
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Nice move, hopefully he plays well enough to get us a 2nd round pick in 2010. A 5th this year just gives us more ammo to move around.

Comment

That's a good trade for the Jets. I would have given up a 5 as the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          a fifth? regardless of how he's played and acted recently... this is a good trade for the jets.

damn
          The 2010 pick could be anywhere between a second and fourth-round pick, presumably depending on Sheppard's playing time
          http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

I'm assuming if he starts all year the eagles get a '10 2nd rounder, and if he doesn't play for some reason, we get a 4th, that's a pretty good deal, but a little anti-climatic for now.

Comment

oooooooooo @ '10 2nd rounder. That makes more sense now.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              Nice move, hopefully he plays well enough to get us a 2nd round pick in 2010. A 5th this year just gives us more ammo to move around.
              Which is always good, you guys seem to do a lot of moving around in the draft; especially this year with 2 firsts???

I'm sure the conditional pick is tied to # of games played as well as performance, so if he plays all 16 games I'm sure you guys get the 2nd next year. I would be happy with giving up a 5th and 2nd if the plays the full season and plays up to his capability.

Good deal for both teams.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

They are making some bold moves, but wake me up when they get a QB. They'll have a tough schedule this year and they don't have that much juice in their passing game right now, I don't see them winning with Kellen Clemens.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  They are making some bold moves, but wake me up when they get a QB. They'll have a tough schedule this year and they don't have that much juice in their passing game right now, I don't see them winning with Kellen Clemens.
                  What about Brett Ratliff? :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

Why not? Because he didn't do well behind the Jets 2007 swiss cheese offensive line? Pennington went 1-7 behind that line and look at him in '08.

Comment

Pennington's done well before. Favre struggled last year coming off a monster season in Green Bay's talented offense, Clemens and Ratliff have little to no experience and no where near that kind of talent. If they have to rely on those two there'll be big growing pains even if they end up being good QBs later in their careers.

Comment

Pennington's done well before. Favre struggled last year coming off a monster season in Green Bay's talented offense, Clemens and Ratliff have little to no experience and no where near that kind of talent. If they have to rely on those two there'll be big growing pains even if they end up being good QBs later in their careers.
                        IMO, a big part of Favre's struggles were due to Laveranues Coles' inability to be that deep threat Favre needed. Clemens has already had some growing pains playing on the Jets 2007 offense. Unfortunately, people seem to look at that and see someone who needs to be replaced.

Comment

Clemens will be able to lead the team. The Jets will be a run, run, run team. After theyre done running, thats when theyll run. Clemens will be able to hand the ball off.

Comment

Hopefully it's something crazy that he has to do to make it a 2nd rounder.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

How much tread does Lito have left on the tires?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information