Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs Get Cassel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ya, the Chiefs are a couple tweaks to the OL, a receiving target, and a free agent/draft binge on the front 7 away. They're going to be a team to look out for in 2009.

    Their draft and free agency will largely revolve around getting guys for the 3-4 front 7. The secondary is pretty-well set, with nothing to complain about. Curry is a lock at #3 if the Rams don't nab him. So the Chiefs will be working hard to bring in a Canty, Olshansky, and/or Mike Wright...
    ________
    Washington marijuana dispensaries
    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:00 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
      It's funny that Pats fans are upset about #34 saying- I WANTED A LATE FIRST ROUNDER! So you would've been OK with #31? LOL.

      The bottom line is you are probably going to get the same guy (Matthews, Sintim, Maybin) at #34 that would've gotten at #22 (Vikings pick).

      Good move for both teams.
      but dont be surprised either if they draft a WR, their #3 gaffney is now in denver and there is no one other than moss and welker that is worthy of playing so dont be surprised to hear harvin, nicks, britt, or DHB get their named called by the pats on draft day

      Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

      Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nepg View Post
        Ya, the Chiefs are a couple tweaks to the OL, a receiving target, and a free agent/draft binge on the front 7 away. They're going to be a team to look out for in 2009.

        Their draft and free agency will largely revolve around getting guys for the 3-4 front 7. The secondary is pretty-well set, with nothing to complain about. Curry is a lock at #3 if the Rams don't nab him. So the Chiefs will be working hard to bring in a Canty, Olshansky, and/or Mike Wright...
        You make it seem so easy. Did you forget about the new coaching staff and schemes? They have to TEACH that stuff, then the players have to execute it. And like you said they still don't have the necessary players on the roster. The defense will struggle big time. They can't play an effective 3-4 and they're not gonna purge and find the 5 or 6 new starters needed for that transition this off season. Canty, Olshanksy or Mike Wright aren't gonna come in and be Richard Seymour either.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

        Bosanac01

        Comment


        • Branden Albert will start at LT for years, and Rudy Niswanger is a good young player who can play C or G, but Waters only has a few years left and outside of those three there isn't anyone to get excited over. Couple that with the fact that if we are switching to a 3-4, we need 4 or 5 pieces to make it decent, I think we're a little bit more than a year away. It's going to take a few key FA signings and a few solid pieces drafted to get us to decent.

          Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
            You make it seem so easy. Did you forget about the new coaching staff and schemes? They have to TEACH that stuff, then the players have to execute it. And like you said they still don't have the necessary players on the roster. The defense will struggle big time. They can't play an effective 3-4 and they're not gonna purge and find the 5 or 6 new starters needed for that transition this off season. Canty, Olshanksy or Mike Wright aren't gonna come in and be Richard Seymour either.
            They have Vrabel, Johnson, probably Curry, and Babin...that's their linebackers. It's not great (aside from the ILB's), but they've got starters to build from... There's not a huge learning curve for anyone except DJ and Curry. Vrabel's so great because he can play inside or outside in the 3-4.

            The DL is the only place they really need to focus on. They're way short right now. I do like Dorsey as a guy who can play a bit of NT and develop into a full-time NT within a couple years. Tank Tyler can play the position... They'e got a couple guys that can, at the very least, provide depth at DE (Edwards, Johnston, McBride)...

            Canty and Olshansky are 2 of the top 3-4 DE's in the NFL... Yes, Seymour's #1, but you say it as if those two aren't complete studs....

            The Chiefs have a good chunk of cap room to play with. They can get a 3-4 base put together and start twinking it pretty quickly.

            As far as the OL goes, they have their LT, they could have an RT in Richardson, and while Waters is up in the air, they should easily be able to put something together that works. Keep in mind the trash that Haley's worked with before and a huge upgrade at OL coach.
            ________
            Roll a joint
            Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:01 AM.

            Comment


            • Do you think Dorsey can play NT? Has he ever played that role before?
              He's listed under 300lbs on nfl.com
              I think it'd be smarter to shift him to a 3-4 DE and try and get yourself a
              Shaun Rogers?
              Some larger then life specimen of a man to clog up that middle
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

              Comment


              • PFT reports that the Chiefs might trade Thigpen to the Bucs



                sig by BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                Comment


                • A lot of people don't think he can, but I always had him pegged as a guy who could be a 3-4 NT. He's slightly undersized, but he's as strong as Hell. Jay Ratliff did it at sub-300lbs...
                  ________
                  new developments in Wong Amat
                  Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:01 AM.

                  Comment


                  • I'm not going to say we make the players our D is still a mess we are still on the outside looking in IMO.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                      Different system and everything. You're basically paying and hoping for NE Pats production. Doesn't mean he can't get better, but it's still all up in the air. I think if they watch tape of NE and tailor the system for him, then I can see him doing well.
                      Umm, we did just happen to sign SCOTT PIOLI from the Patriots, the man who drafted Cassel. I think Pioli knows exactly what he is trading for. This is a little different than any other team trading for Cassel.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                        Do you think Dorsey can play NT? Has he ever played that role before?
                        He's listed under 300lbs on nfl.com
                        I think it'd be smarter to shift him to a 3-4 DE and try and get yourself a
                        Shaun Rogers?
                        Some larger then life specimen of a man to clog up that middle
                        Idk, perhaps Tank Tyler could attempt to play the nose. He was the strongest player at the combine in the 2007 draft and while he dropped his weight to play in the Chiefs' cover 2 I would think he could get up to the 330, maybe 340 range pretty easily.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                          I get a feeling Aaron Curry is a lock for KC.according to Schef Detroit tried to get in on Cassel last minute which leads me to believe that since they missed on Cassel Stafford will be the 1st pick

                          I highly doubt that because Detroit could have offered the 20th pick which is far more attractive than the 34th. People say a lot of things to make themselves look good and i mean writers, GMs etc.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                            Umm, we did just happen to sign SCOTT PIOLI from the Patriots, the man who drafted Cassel. I think Pioli knows exactly what he is trading for. This is a little different than any other team trading for Cassel.
                            Haley's offensive system is also very similar to what they run in NE.

                            Comment


                            • it would have been funny if the cardinals traded for cassel and let warner go

                              then he started over leinart

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by superman View Post
                                it would have been funny if the cardinals traded for cassel and let warner go

                                then he started over leinart
                                You think more like the Joker than Superman.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information