Jay Cutler traded to the Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
    Well Schefter was saying that Denver was interesting in Cassel.
    If JBond says it wasn't serious, it wasn't freaking serious.

Comment

Just wow....

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        It was on the lark that McDaniels might rather have Cassel, who he worked with in NE.

Please understand that the rest of the world doesn't deify Cutler like SWDC does.
        If McDaniels likes Cassel over Cutler, he should be fired right now.

Comment

redonkulous..absolutely idiotic...if the lions could have pulled something like this off, then well damn it, I would have given their front office a thumbs up

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            If McDaniels likes Cassel over Cutler, he should be fired right now.
            Good news, he doesn't! :D
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
              Well Schefter was saying that Denver was interesting in Cassel.
              Think of it this way. You are the Broncos, you get called up. "Hey Broncos, you give up Cutler, I think we can do a three-way deal where you get Cassel, a third round pick, and Mike Vrabel" You had no plans to trade Cutler, but what the hell, let's just talk it out and see what the offer becomes. Add onto the fact that we have the guy that made Cassel a Pro Bowl QB last year. Worth a quick ponder, then a quick rejection

"The Broncos turned down both offers after "entertaining the notion." Schefter was clear that the Broncos only fielded calls and did not instigate talks."
              Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 03-01-2009, 10:41 AM.

Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Michael Smith said that the Broncos were trying to do the trade through Minnesota, Detroit, and Tampa Bay.. where the Broncos would get Cassel, the Vikes/Lions/Bucs would get Cutler, and the Pats would get draft picks from the two teams.

Comment

I think they're probably all talking if nothing else but to justify their salaries. Why would Denver want to move Cutler? come on try to be halfway sane.

Comment

What's this say about the draft? Perhaps I'm right and this indicates the Lions are not interested in taking Stafford and his fat contract #1 overall.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      What's this say about the draft? Perhaps I'm right and this indicates the Lions are not interested in taking Stafford and his fat contract #1 overall.
                      You're reading too much into it i believe. Even if there were talks between Detroit and Denver there is no way in hell they get leaked. If they did you've not only soured your Pro Bowl QB in Cutler but also your top pick in Stafford. Heck maybe they dont care who they piss off.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        I say it indicates the Lions want Stafford but if they could, they would bypass the growing pains that come with drafting a QB. Stafford and Cutler are exactly 100% the same, am I right??

Comment

Wow. I am stunned by this. Jay Cutler is, in my opinion, very close to being an elite QB, and for McDaniels to even consider trading him is crazy, and will get him off to a very bad start in Denver.

I was gutted when Arizona missed Jay in the Draft, and as much as I love Kurt Warner, I would give up practically whatever Denver wanted, if it meant having Cutler throw the ball to Larry and Anquan for the next few years.
                          Will post for +rep.

Comment

Originally posted by UK Cards Fan View Post
                            Wow. I am stunned by this. Jay Cutler is, in my opinion, very close to being an elite QB, and for McDaniels to even consider trading him is crazy, and will get him off to a very bad start in Denver.

I was gutted when Arizona missed Jay in the Draft, and as much as I love Kurt Warner, I would give up practically whatever Denver wanted, if it meant having Cutler throw the ball to Larry and Anquan for the next few years.

I dont think there is any evidence of this and there never will be. Sure others could ask about Jay but nobody in Denver would be stupid enough to initiate those discussions.

Comment

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/bronco....2.946829.html

"I've heard the rumors," Cutler told CBS4 in Denver. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

also

CBS4 has also learned tight end Tony Scheffler has also been mentioned in trade talks.

CBS4's Gary Miller spoke with Broncos GM Brian Xanders Saturday afternoon. Xanders denied any plans to trade Cutler, saying "We are not trying to trade Jay Cutler. We will not trade Jay Cutler. He's a Pro Bowl Quarterback." He went on to say, "you can ask Josh McDaniels, and he'll tell you the same thing." Miller did approach McDaniels, who said he was not going to answer any questions. However, Cutler confirmed to CBS4 that he is aware that trade talks have taken place.

Comment

Cutler has appeared to suggest that Denver initiated the trade. There's also reports that Denver tried to get Minnesota to bite on Cassell and receive Cutler.
                                Will post for +rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information