Jay Cutler traded to the Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, this whole storyline is hilarious.

I wonder what McDaniels sees in Cutler that he doesn't like. He probably thinks he's too much of a gunslinger and can't be counted on.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Here's how that call should have gone: "Hello. Sure we can discuss a trade who are you looking to get? I'm sorry could you repeat that? Are you serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" click.

Getting good quarterback play is hard enough and even if you think Cutler has a low ceiling and this is all your gonna get (I don't) it's still better then about 20 teams.

If this is what has taken over in the post Shanahan era the AFC west just got a whole lot weaker.

Comment

meh..Michael Smith made is seem like Mcdaniels was dead set on getting Cassel by any means. He brought up several teams the Broncos started talking 3 team trade with to get Cassel in a Bronco uniform.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Now ESPN are claiming that Cutler is demanding to be traded.

Well, I guess Josh McDaniels must know something that 95% of NFL fans don't...!

A Pro Bowl QB in Year 3, whom several experts rate as having the best chance of being the next "elite" QB, and you consider / try to trade him?

What the hell... This is crazy.
          Will post for +rep.

Comment

I would take Jay Cutler in Tampa Bay in a heartbeat. But I highly doubt this would have ever even eventuated despite the rumours flying around.

Comment

Originally posted by UK Cards Fan View Post

A Pro Bowl QB in Year 3, whom several experts rate as having the best chance of being the next "elite" QB, and you consider / try to trade him?

I'm with you in that what the hell camp. I guess if they see something there that they dont like in Cutler so be it. I would think if you're some other team that wants a pro bowl QB now is the time to act. I dont get it personally but i dont claim to know everything.

Comment

Maybe Mcdaniels just doesnt like him...lots of people hate Cutler's personality. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I doubt Cutler actually demanded to be traded but if he did I think the Vikings should do whatever it takes to get him. **** sugar Sage, Cutler would be the solution to what has been one of the Vikings biggest problems for a while now. I doubt Cutler becomes a Viking any time soon (and probably never) but I can dream.

Comment

According to Smith, the Vikings were in talks but, they made the Sage deal and were happy with that.

So obviously...Rosenfels>Cutler :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

#20 for Cutler

or

#1 for #12, Jay Cutler, and a 3rd :)

Done deal.
                      Last edited by WMD; 02-28-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I guess we can assume that the prize for Denver was Cassel so therefore now that he is gone they wouldnt trade Jay for the sake of getting rid of him.

My guess is this story will die pretty quickly and the only casualty will be Cutler's ego. That's what they get paid the big bread for i guess, to put up with stupidity by the front office.

Comment

Cutler demanding to be traded? really? Is there a link with some more info on this?

If so, wow. All they did was listen to offers Jay, yeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                            Cutler demanding to be traded? really? Is there a link with some more info on this?

If so, wow. All they did was listen to offers Jay, yeesh.
                            Sounds like a whole lot of overreaction to me. I wouldnt choose sides here.

Comment

Apparently, ESPN radio is reporting this.

Just had a look at the Denver forum, and some have said this has been going down for weeks? (Well, why was the compensation for Cassel so low?)

That said, I know Cutler and McDaniels didn't speak for a long time after McDaniels hire, but how can an offensive "guru" such as McDaniels be willing to sacrifice a potentially elite QB? And now that Cassel has gone, this could get nasty. Some Denver fans seem to want McDaniels out!

Or this could all be a non story!
                              Will post for +rep.

Comment

Apparently, ESPN radio is reporting this.

Just had a look at the Denver forum, and some have said this has been going down for weeks? (Well, why was the compensation for Cassel so low?)

That said, I know Cutler and McDaniels didn't speak for a long time after McDaniels hire, but how can an offensive "guru" such as McDaniels be willing to sacrifice a potentially elite QB? And now that Cassel has gone, this could get nasty. Some Denver fans seem to want McDaniels out!

Or this could all be a non story!

That pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information