Jay Cutler traded to the Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
    I should've seen this coming from the Skins. Makes sense. Campbell might be the type of system QB McDaniels would be looking for in return too.
    I've always said I that I think Campbell has the tangibles to be successful in the NFL, I just just dont see it happening in Washington. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well in an offense like Denver and I wouldn't get upset that we traded him if he did because I know he wouldn't have that same success in our offense.

The major downside to a trade between Washington and Denver is that Colts future chances of starting get slimmer...

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverDex View Post
      I really don't see it. There will be several teams that want his services. There will be packages offered by several teams. As you said even if its going to be who has the highest pick and better QB to offer, that's not diminishing his value.

I guess its just a difference of opinion on if there will be a bidding war.
      It is a simple case of suppy and demand. There are zero franchise QB's currently on the market and there are at least 10 teams that would like to get Cutler. There is no reason to believe that Cutler's value will slip in a scenario like this, it is far more likely to take off as the bidding gets underway.
      If Cutler had real competition it would be a different story but he doesn't.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
        PFT this morning posted saying how the Skins should be considered the front runners for Cutler and could even be interested in Shanahan down the road. It originated I believe from DenverPost.com

"The Washington Redskins are among the leading candidates to pull off a deal for Cutler. The Redskins have a proven young quarterback in Jason Campbell and would meet the Broncos' preference of dealing Cutler outside their American Football Conference. The Redskins also have the No. 13 selection in this year's draft on April 25, one spot behind the Broncos. "

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12040620

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANNY
        Washington and Denver have a trading history and certainly it is the type of move Snyder would make. Just have to wait and see if it happens.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

• I want Campbell+Cooley for Cutler+Scheffler!!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Just to add i dont think you need a QB in return, the Broncos can probably get Mark Sanchez at 12 and they may like Freeman for all we know. If i have a chance for an Aaron Curry and a decent #1 next year i'd do it.

Comment

• Man, i wish our front office wasn't filled with douchebags... we should be in the mix for Cutler.
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                Man, i wish our front office wasn't filled with douchebags... we should be in the mix for Cutler.
                Don't sell yourself short because i think a lot of teams are trying to get in on this figuring his price may be reasonable right now. Thing is you have to be prepared to give something up. A couple of number ones and a player and you're set at QB for the next 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  Just to add i dont think you need a QB in return, the Broncos can probably get Mark Sanchez at 12 and they may like Freeman for all we know. If i have a chance for an Aaron Curry and a decent #1 next year i'd do it.
                  From the way I've read Sanchez is moving up boards I find it hard to believe that he will be available at 12 and thats a big risk to take.

Comment

• I laugh at all the "Cutler's value has diminished due to the Broncos seeking a trade" posts. Really? How? Because the Broncos "have" to trade him, instead of a 1st round pick, they will get a 2nd?
                    That is just laughable. The Broncos are going to get at least a 1st round pick and another QB/high pick out of this whole scenario.

And no way does this mean the Broncos take a QB in the 1st in the draft, especially Freeman. I swear to God, if the Broncos take Freeman I'm boycotting games because that would be horrid. Sanchez/Stafford might be okay, but they aren't going to trade up to get one. Most likely they ride it through this year with make shift QB's, and probably in position next year to take the all mighty Sam Bradford B)

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                      More talent leaving the AFC West. Can't complain as a Chiefs fan! Too bad we won't take advantage of this situation!
                      but you gotta love the fact that Pioli not only got his guy to be the QB it also caused major strife between Cutler and DEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                        From the way I've read Sanchez is moving up boards I find it hard to believe that he will be available at 12 and thats a big risk to take.
                        Unless they like Freeman you're right it's too risky. If they were to deal with a team like Seattle i think he definitely would be there.

Comment

• Am I the only one whose still completely shocked by this situation? I still can't get over that now the Broncos are going to trade their 26 year old franchise QB.

From Denver's standpoint, the only way you can really win is if you get Jason Campbell (who I actually like) or get one of the Browns QB's who can start right away, because any other way your definitely taking a major step back. People mention the Jets, but they have nothing that could really help Denver out.

The idea of the Lions though is looking better the more I think about it though. Denver has alot of talent on offense and while alot of people think Stafford should sit, it's actually a pretty good situation for a rookie QB and I could see him having some success.

From other team's perspective, I'd pretty much be selling the house to get Cutler if you have a QB need. I like Campbell so I don't understand why the Redskins are involved, but Snyder is a crazy person. Detroit should definitely offer the number 1 overall and another pick or two, but I wouldn't give up their 2nd 1st rounder atleast this year because the Lions still have quite a bit of holes that need addressing. For the Jets it would be too good to be true, and 2 1st rounder's would probably be pretty cheap because with Cutler the Jets are an immediate contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                            Am I the only one whose still completely shocked by this situation? I still can't get over that now the Broncos are going to trade their 26 year old franchise QB.

From Denver's standpoint, the only way you can really win is if you get Jason Campbell (who I actually like) or get one of the Browns QB's who can start right away, because any other way your definitely taking a major step back. People mention the Jets, but they have nothing that could really help Denver out.

The idea of the Lions though is looking better the more I think about it though. Denver has alot of talent on offense and while alot of people think Stafford should sit, it's actually a pretty good situation for a rookie QB and I could see him having some success.

From other team's perspective, I'd pretty much be selling the house to get Cutler if you have a QB need. I like Campbell so I don't understand why the Redskins are involved, but Snyder is a crazy person. Detroit should definitely offer the number 1 overall and another pick or two, but I wouldn't give up their 2nd 1st rounder atleast this year because the Lions still have quite a bit of holes that need addressing. For the Jets it would be too good to be true, and 2 1st rounder's would probably be pretty cheap because with Cutler the Jets are an immediate contender.
                            The whole thing is nuts, shows a lot of immaturity on both sides i believe.

I think there a few differant scenarios that could work which involve not getting a QB in return. Lions, Jets, Skins could be the obvious suitors but i'm actually expecting a surprise like a Seattle or a Chicago.

Comment

Don't sell yourself short because i think a lot of teams are trying to get in on this figuring his price may be reasonable right now. Thing is you have to be prepared to give something up. A couple of number ones and a player and you're set at QB for the next 10 years.
                              They are on the record for saying that the coaching staff doesn't like/want him.

I know that Chilly likes to play mindgames & tries to outsmart everyone, but he's also a colossal dink & i believe that he wouldn't want Cutler just to "prove" that Rosenfels is going to lead us to the SuperBowl...
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

The whole thing is nuts, shows a lot of immaturity on both sides i believe.

I think there a few differant scenarios that could work which involve not getting a QB in return. Lions, Jets, Skins could be the obvious suitors but i'm actually expecting a surprise like a Seattle or a Chicago.
                                Oh please be right. I'm not sure if they'd want Orton, but I'd love to see Cutler on the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information