Kurt Warner to visit the 49ers on Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Warner to visit the 49ers on Monday

It has been confirmed through multiple reliable sources today that the 49ers continue to pursue a contract with Cardinals free-agent quarterback Kurt Warner.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ers-radar.html

Wow. That would be a complete 180 from everything thats been going on. Im not sure if Warner would fit our offense though. We want to become a run heavy team. Our GM has said he wants a priority on finding a 2nd back to share the load with Gore. I know Warner is better than Shaun Hill and Alex Smith but i wonder how much he would fit our system and how effective he would be compared to his situation in Arizona.

If we signed Warner....Isaac Bruce would go from 50-50 retirement to full go for next season.

Comment

Warner to ANOTHER NFC West team?

And MasterShake, I heard Isaac Bruce wanted to play another 4-5 years. Can't blame him, he's still got the skills. I mean look what he did last year with no Quarterback.

Comment

Of course he's gonna visit other teams, he would have no leverage against the Cardinals low-balling him if he didn't. In the end, he signs with Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          Warner to ANOTHER NFC West team?

And MasterShake, I heard Isaac Bruce wanted to play another 4-5 years. Can't blame him, he's still got the skills. I mean look what he did last year with no Quarterback.
          He did have a QB the second half of the year :). I really doubt this is anything more than bait. Warner is trying to get the Cardinals to raise their price. The Niners are trying to speed up contract talks with Alex Smith.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Of course he's gonna visit other teams, he would have no leverage against the Cardinals low-balling him if he didn't. In the end, he signs with Arizona.
            Right, I'm assuming he does sign with Arizona in the end.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Kurt wants to play for all the NFC West teams before he retires.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                Low-balling? The Cardinals have offered him over 20mil for 2 years - with 10mil guranteed. It's more than fair considering his age.

The 9ers would be a really bad fit. A ball control offense with those recievers and line? Have fun with that Kurt. No to mention playing outside for a minimum of 8 games a year.

Comment

Originally posted by RedAttack View Post
                  Low-balling? The Cardinals have offered him over 20mil for 2 years - with 10mil guranteed. It's more than fair considering his age.

The 9ers would be a really bad fit. A ball control offense with those recievers and line? Have fun with that Kurt. No to mention playing outside for a minimum of 8 games a year.
                  He deserves to be paid in the 12-16 million dollar range. He has come out and said already that he wants some stability since this is most likely his last contract, and he played for less than market value the past few seasons.

Comment

How is it fair for his age? Age should only come into play when considering how many years a deal has (2 seems fair). $ value should be down to skill level alone IMO.

At least for a QB like Warner. It's not like he relies on anything that will go away with age like a scrambler or anything, and he hasn't shown any signs of health issues.

Comment

i think warner will stay in arizona i doubt he goes somewhere else

Sig by BoneKrusher
                      Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Comment

As someone said above, this is to raise the price in AZ. The Niners would only sign Warner if he was willing to take a cheap contract; one much cheaper than what AZ is offering.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If it's as obvious a ploy as everyone seems to think it is, how can it be effective?

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            If it's as obvious a ploy as everyone seems to think it is, how can it be effective?
                            Because Warner has come out and said that he will not be reluctant to sign with another team if the money and situation is right.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              Their are some people that might sign with another team that isn't as good for them because they feel they are being disrespected and taken advantage of by their current team.

Chances are it is a ploy, but in the back of Arizona's mind it might create a little bit of doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information