Kurt Warner to visit the 49ers on Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Because Warner has come out and said that he will not be reluctant to sign with another team if the money and situation is right.
    Only have 2-3 years left in his career, I doubt he'd see playing for the 49ers as a good move to possibly win another ring.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      Only have 2-3 years left in his career, I doubt he'd see playing for the 49ers as a good move to possibly win another ring.
      Too bad money talks and always does...It's hard to imagine him leaving Fitz, and Arizona until someone else tells him they will pay him 4 million more per year and alot more up front, this is his last contract so if someone wants to overpay or outbid AZ he'll probably listen.

I hope he goes to SF, he may very well fail but Josh Morgan will end up with 1100 yards with him at QB, I love him and a QB like Warner would show off his skills.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Too bad money talks and always does...It's hard to imagine him leaving Fitz, and Arizona until someone else tells him they will pay him 4 million more per year and alot more up front, this is his last contract so if someone wants to overpay or outbid AZ he'll probably listen.

I hope he goes to SF, he may very well fail but Josh Morgan will end up with 1100 yards with him at QB, I love him and a QB like Warner would show off his skills.
        I think the 49ers have just as good a chance, if not better than Arizona at getting to a superbowl in the next 2 years.
        Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

I like this guy.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

If we can get him to sign a contract tomorrow we win the west. Even if he goes down first game, we still win the west.

****, even if he goes back to the Cards, we still win the west!

Comment

I really like this guy.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

After reading that Kurt Warner has never recieved more than $5Million a season and that the offer he has gotten from the Cardinals is very similar to what the Seahwaks pay Matt Hasslebeck, I can definitely understand why he wants one last big payday before he retires.

Comment

If the Niners make a great offer I think they could steal him away, if he's actually taking the visit some teams will do whatever they can to make sure it gets done...I think if they can get Warner picking Sanchez would be a great pick, they would still have quite a few holes but if you take the Aaron Rodgers route with him you see the benefits of it, and if Warner's play starts to decline in a year you can have Sanchez to push him in year 2.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Warner is in the SF facility.

Apparantly they pulled out all the stops on this one and picked him up in the private jet.

Comment

From Rotoworld:
                      ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Cardinals have no intentions of budging off their current two-year, $20 million offer to free agent Kurt Warner.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

1:49 p.m. SF Gate's John Crumpacker reports that Warner is currently at Stanford Hospital getting his physical. Warner has had pinky (2000), hand (2002), concussion (2003), hand (2004), groin, MCL (2005) and elbow (2007) injuries in the past, so the physical is not a routine event.--From Barrow's Blog

Comment

The Cards have increased their offer to 2 years $23 million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                            How is it fair for his age? Age should only come into play when considering how many years a deal has (2 seems fair). $ value should be down to skill level alone IMO.

At least for a QB like Warner. It's not like he relies on anything that will go away with age like a scrambler or anything, and he hasn't shown any signs of health issues.
                            I can't say that I have seen many (if any) 38 year old QB's play at a high level. So realistically you have to consider at what point does age catch up with him?

I would also disagree that Kurt doesn't have health issues. This is the first time he has completed a 16 game season in a long time. He messed up his arm in 2007 and has long history of concussions and issues with his thumb.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kurt is a warrior. But those factors considered, I would say that 10 mil guranteed is really fair.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              The Cards have increased their offer to 2 years $23 million.
                              that was the offer like 3 weeks ago, nothing has changed on our part

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                that was the offer like 3 weeks ago, nothing has changed on our part
                                The offer was increased...the offer that was just on the table was 2 years $20 million...They just added $3 million to that after his San Fran visit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information