Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kurt Warner to visit the 49ers on Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Is that 3 mil in the 1st year?

    So like $13 Mil for 2009 with a Option Bonus of $10 Mil for 2010?

    Comment


    • #32
      I am all for Warner not going back to the Cardinals but I don't think he is a very good fit for the offense we want to run. Sure we have some weapons in Isaac Bruce, Isaac Bruce Lite (Jason Hill), Josh Morgan, and Frank Gore but Bruce/Hill/Morgan are hardly comparable to Fitz/Boldin/Breaston.

      Still, if we do sign Warner you might as well pencil us in as NFC West champions in 2009.

      Comment


      • #33
        Still, if we do sign Warner you might as well pencil us in as NFC West champions in 2009.
        Bearing in mind the strength of our division that's not quite the accolade it used to be...

        I can see where Warner's coming from, the option means he's got no security at Arizona, all the power's with the Cards' management.

        Comment


        • #34
          Kurt Warner: Cards Increase Offer

          Comment


          • #35
            Good call Mr. Smith! Gotta love those ESPN Analysts and their "sources." When Trent Dilfer is starting to do that kinda stuff, you have to seriously wonder what the **** they are thinking, then again this is the company that hired Smith, Irvin, and Salisbury....


            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

            Comment


            • #36
              This is all different from what Warner's agent is reporting. He said that the "new" deal the Cardinals offered (2 Years - $23 Million) is basically the same deal as before (1 Year - $10 Million w/ a 2nd year option at $10 Million) the only difference is that the extra $3 Million would be paid to Warner if he QB'ed the Cards to a second consecutive Super Bowl.

              Warner has reportedly counter-offered the same deal (2 Years - $23 Million) but the $12 Million Guaranteed would be split up so he'd be guranteed $6 Million in 2010. He also said he would remove $1 Million off the contract per season if the Cardinals extended Anquan Boldin....

              The ball is now back in Bidwill's court.

              Comment


              • #37
                We are like 45 Mil+ under the cap and still haven't cut Edge or Chike which opens up another 9 Mil, a few million should not be this hard to agree upon

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  We are like 45 Mil+ under the cap and still haven't cut Edge or Chike which opens up another 9 Mil, a few million should not be this hard to agree upon
                  I'm pretty sure that is the point that Warner is trying to make, yet the Cards haven't been eager to budge.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    I am all for Warner not going back to the Cardinals but I don't think he is a very good fit for the offense we want to run. Sure we have some weapons in Isaac Bruce, Isaac Bruce Lite (Jason Hill), Josh Morgan, and Frank Gore but Bruce/Hill/Morgan are hardly comparable to Fitz/Boldin/Breaston.

                    Still, if we do sign Warner you might as well pencil us in as NFC West champions in 2009.
                    LOL. If you had Martz as the OC I would think your chances would go up. But I wouldn't pencil you guys in. He still has to learn a new system, with new reads and progressions, new terminology and develop chemistry with his new players.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Even if he doesnt sign with the 49ers we won the battle.

                      Either way, the Tards lost something.

                      muhahahaha!
                      Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                        Still, if we do sign Warner you might as well pencil us in as NFC West champions in 2009.
                        Nah, I don't think you can pencil in anyone in the division, regardless of Warner signing or not.

                        Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
                        Even if he doesnt sign with the 49ers we won the battle.

                        Either way, the Tards lost something.

                        muhahahaha!
                        They're so far under the cap, that small amount of money won't hurt them. But cheap-ass Bill Bidwell will definitely feel that extra few millions. Beer prices are going up in 'Zona!
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                          LOL. If you had Martz as the OC I would think your chances would go up. But I wouldn't pencil you guys in. He still has to learn a new system, with new reads and progressions, new terminology and develop chemistry with his new players.
                          I think it would do the opposite. Martz long passing routes got Warner killed, Martz also sent him away in favor of Bulger.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                            I think it would do the opposite. Martz long passing routes got Warner killed, Martz also sent him away in favor of Bulger.
                            No, because Mike Martz is the follower of the Air croyell or the original WCO offense not the Walshian WCO as we know it today. Warner mainly is a hall of famer because of that system, and Bulger is another guy from that system. Rivers is a QB in that system as well as well as Aikman. It's almost like the Walshian WCO offense with their sets of QBs, Montana, Young, Garcia, Bono, Hasselbeck, and so on.

                            That's why having Martz there would benefit him. Yeah he would get killed and that's more of a function of Martz's pass protections. But the system works and Warner's greatest show on turf is an example of what the system can do, just like Walsh's system with Montana.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                              No, because Mike Martz is the follower of the Air croyell or the original WCO offense not the Walshian WCO as we know it today. Warner mainly is a hall of famer because of that system, and Bulger is another guy from that system. Rivers is a QB in that system as well as well as Aikman. It's almost like the Walshian WCO offense with their sets of QBs, Montana, Young, Garcia, Bono, Hasselbeck, and so on.

                              That's why having Martz there would benefit him. Yeah he would get killed and that's more of a function of Martz's pass protections. But the system works and Warner's greatest show on turf is an example of what the system can do, just like Walsh's system with Montana.
                              I just don't think he likes Martz.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                They're so far under the cap, that small amount of money won't hurt them. But cheap-ass Bill Bidwell will definitely feel that extra few millions. Beer prices are going up in 'Zona!
                                Mike Sando of ESPN had an interesting take on Arizona's cap space...

                                Originally posted by Mike Sando ESPN
                                The latest internal NFL data shows Arizona with about $40 million in salary-cap space three weeks before free agency. That is the highest figure in the league.

                                But what does that mean?

                                In theory, the Cardinals could sign Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers, Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and their own free agents, including quarterback Kurt Warner, without using that much cap space.

                                We could deduce as much from considering the 2009 salary-cap charges associated with the highest-paid players at defensive end (Jared Allen, $11.45 million) and defensive tackle (Tommie Harris, $9.1 million) while assuming Warner's new deal might count about $10 million against the cap.

                                But the reality is much different.

                                The Cardinals have fewer than 40 players signed for 2009, meaning millions more will vanish when they fill out their roster. Some of that cap space will go toward signing draft choices.

                                Once the Cardinals account for other cap charges -- incentives from 2008, salary escalators for 2009 and future miscellaneous expenses relating to various reserve lists -- their functional cap space figures to stand between $20 million and $25 million heading into free agency.

                                Even that figure is a bit optimistic.

                                Re-signing their own free agents, notably Warner and linebacker Karlos Dansby, could require more than $15 million in cap space.

                                The Cardinals would still have enough left over to pursue a high-profile free agent, but an aggressive approach to the market could require trade-offs.

                                With that, we take a comprehensive look at where NFC West teams stand in relation to the salary cap:

                                Arizona Cardinals

                                Current cap room: $40 million

                                Projected functional cap room: $20 million to $25 million

                                Top players without contracts for 2009: Kurt Warner, Karlos Dansby, Antonio Smith, Bertrand Berry, J.J. Arrington, Terrelle Smith

                                Cap considerations: Having so few players under contract for 2009 has made the Cardinals' cap-space figure misleading. Other teams in the division won't be adding nearly as many contracts for the 2009 season. Arizona must also consider the financial implications associated with extending contracts for receiver Anquan Boldin or defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, should the team elect to address those situations. Rewarding Boldin with a Larry Fitzgerald-type contract might chew up an additional $8 million in cap space in 2009. Trading Boldin and releasing Edgerrin James would free up additional cap room.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information