Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
    I just don't think he likes Martz.
    Maybe that may be the case, but either way Kurt Warner built his fame and success in Martz's Air Croyell system.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
      Maybe that may be the case, but either way Kurt Warner built his fame and success in Martz's Air Croyell system.
      Jimmy Raye (49er OC) runs the Air Coryell also...alot of OC's do.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
        I wouldn't say alot, I know some of the concepts are mixed with other systems, but like I said I would have expected success with Martz based on their years with the Rams. If Raye does run the Coryell then that's good for Warner. The thing is they had sooo many OCs that god knows what is going on in terms of the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
          I wouldn't say alot, I know some of the concepts are mixed with other systems, but like I said I would have expected success with Martz based on their years with the Rams. If Raye does run the Coryell then that's good for Warner. The thing is they had sooo many OCs that god knows what is going on in terms of the offense.
          Yeah...but the last 4 OC's have all been Coryell, but yeah...too many OC's...

Next time I see Norv Turner I'm gunna kick him in the nuts.

Comment

Yeah...but the last 4 OC's have all been Coryell, but yeah...too many OC's...

Next time I see Norv Turner I'm gunna kick him in the nuts.
            I don;t get to see SF games in the east coast so don't really pay attention. All I know right now currently that I am aware of is Mike Martz and Norv Turner. They are direct from that Coryell tree. I have no clue how many others offensive coaches took that system and run it now. It's a pain trying to keep tabs of who runs the WCO, PRO, spread, Air Coryell, or a mix of all concepts.

Comment

As far as I have always thought, about the only thing that Mike Martz has from the "Air Coryell" era is the digit system. I could be wrong, but Martz's system is unique in nearly every way. That's why he doesn't have a young "Martz deciple" working his way up the coaching ranks, and that every team has to virtually start over once he leaves.

Comment

No Raye has a vertical passing game offense.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Warner + another team = fail

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    As far as I have always thought, about the only thing that Mike Martz has from the "Air Coryell" era is the digit system. I could be wrong, but Martz's system is unique in nearly every way. That's why he doesn't have a young "Martz deciple" working his way up the coaching ranks, and that every team has to virtually start over once he leaves.
                    No, he and Norv Turner added that digit system, but both learned it from Ernie Zampese the former coach in the NFL. What makes Martz and Turner's system unique is the terminology. I have 2 of Martz's playbook and those things are huge, but the terminology is very easy. In fact the college I coached at used the terminology, but we used the Urban meyer spread which he used with Alex Smith at Utah.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information