No announcement yet.

Detroit Lion, 2 Oakland Raiders gone missing off Gulf Coast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like the reports are true. Corey Smith from the Lions and Marquis Cooper of the Raiders. No big names, but NFL players none the less. At this point if they haven't been found and haven't made contact with anyone about being missing, you can almost assume the worst. The coast guard has been looking for them for about 10 hours already....and they were supposed to return home at dark yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
      It sounds like the reports are true. Corey Smith from the Lions and Marquis Cooper of the Raiders. No big names, but NFL players none the less. At this point if they haven't been found and haven't made contact with anyone about being missing, you can almost assume the worst. The coast guard has been looking for them for about 10 hours already....and they were supposed to return home at dark yesterday.
      Yeah I thought of Hill from NE the minute I heard this story. Hopefully this doesnt get that bad but these boat travels are getting almost as bad as players going to clubs/getting in a gun altercation.

Comment

Hope they are found. I would guess a rogue wave did that. I actually am interested in that phenomena. All it takes is one wave in bad conditions. I hope they are ok.

Comment

Also this is a similar type boat that they were in:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/1160678...shing_Boat.jpg

Not something that would likely withstand a storm and big waves
          Last edited by lionsfan81; 03-01-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I imagine it's extremely rough out there, since yesterday it's been EXTREMELY windy here in New Orleans, windier than I can remember in a long time.... not that far away from here.

Hope they are all ok.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
              Some people might be dead and you just care that it's not a star player. Classy.
              Sort of like when the plain crashed outside of NY after 911 and the news person was so relieved it wasnt a terrorist attack.

Comment

Terrible news to hear...Just have to hope they are going to be alright. Let's hope they find them alive.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Woah, that's crazy, I hope they're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                    I imagine it's extremely rough out there, since yesterday it's been EXTREMELY windy here in New Orleans, windier than I can remember in a long time.... not that far away from here.

Hope they are all ok.
                    Yeah, it's pretty windy here in Florida.

Hope they're all right.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Ouch, that's crazy. Hope it all ends well.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I wonder if T-Pain is with them.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh man, God Bless those guys out there and I pray they are found soon, whether its a backup or a Pro Bowler, a life is a life, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by 635 View Post
                            epic fail, considering I'm a Cowboys fan.
                            I love how you didn't even try to defend yourself when i said that you're a classless fan. Glad I was at least right on one thing.
                            Last edited by Breaker; 03-01-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

http://deadspin.com/5162343/two-nfl-...yline=true&s=x

The two missing are reportedly the Lions' Corey Smith and the Raiders Marquis Cooper.

I hope that they are able to be found alive.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Some think it is LB Marquis Cooper(raiders, he owns the boat) , S Stuart Schweigert(played for both teams) and probably a member of the secondary in Oakland.

I hope they all come back safely

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information