Giants Sign Chris Canty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rjspartan View Post
    the panthers need some DL help but we cant sign anyone because the NFC EAST is taking them all
    Yeah Peppers is really handcuffing the team. Because he's tagged we can't sign anyone. So we get to watch the DE's and DT's go bye bye.

Terrell Suggs might be a possibility in a trade, who knows if he'd fit though. GAH this is frustrating. The one position the Panthers need to upgrade we can't.

All the while we get to watch the bloody rich get richer.

Comment

Way too much money. Canty is a decent player, but he didn't fulfill his potential in Dallas. Pretty much had a very promising rookie season and then plateaued. He did get a lot bigger though. He's in the prime of his career, but if he's to earn that money, the Giants will have to continue to develop him. I don't think he's a finished product, so the Giants should try to get that out him.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Go blow 4 mil on um... whats his name again...? Jk

I think Canty wanted to stay in NY, while the packers FO *****-footed a bit I don't think there was much they could have done to change his mind.

F you Giants.

The Packers are such a boring team to like in the off season with Favre gone.
        Sorry, but Canty wasnt leaving NY w/o a contract, he's a Bronx born NFLer, who most likely grew up rooting for Big Blue (he's in his mid 20's so would be of age for the Parcells and LT days) And he purposely scheduled NYG as his 1st stop (hoping that it'd be the ONLY stop)
        LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

RE: Osi, Kiwi, Tollefson, Henderson
          DT: Fred Robbins (probably released), Canty, Alford
          NT: Coefield, Bernard
          LE: Tuck, Kiwi, Tollefson, henderson

SLB: Blackburn, Kehl, DeOssie
          MLB: Pierce, Goff, DeOssie
          WLB: Boley, Wilkinson, Kehl

Comment

So where is Gerris Wilkinson the LB out of Georgia Tech and whats his role? It seems their are all sorts of studs buried on the Giants depth chart.

Rocky will be great for you guys when he isnt hurt and I love the Canty signing. Him and Tuck as DT in passing situations is going to be so fun to watch.
            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
            the only hot actreeses are adult
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Gotta say, this is THE most exciting off-season I thnk we've EVER had

J-Reese is Mr. Diamond-In-The-Rough
              LOUD & PROUD

Comment

Didn't we cut Henderson from PS?

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                  So where is Gerris Wilkinson the LB out of Georgia Tech and whats his role? It seems their are all sorts of studs buried on the Giants depth chart.

Rocky will be great for you guys when he isnt hurt and I love the Canty signing. Him and Tuck as DT in passing situations is going to be so fun to watch.
                  I love Wilkinson he is very athletic and great in coverage but made out of paper, and through 3 games he had 2 tackles and lost his job to rookie Bryan Kehl. He will is a good back-up not starting material.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Kase1 View Post
                    Sorry, but Canty wasnt leaving NY w/o a contract, he's a Bronx born NFLer, who most likely grew up rooting for Big Blue (he's in his mid 20's so would be of age for the Parcells and LT days) And he purposely scheduled NYG as his 1st stop (hoping that it'd be the ONLY stop)
                    Which is esentially what I indicated it my post.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                      Didn't we cut Henderson from PS?
                      idts hes on NFL.com and giants.com's website rosters for giants. and Craig Dahl is back :) yay

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        Yeah Peppers is really handcuffing the team. Because he's tagged we can't sign anyone. So we get to watch the DE's and DT's go bye bye.

Terrell Suggs might be a possibility in a trade, who knows if he'd fit though. GAH this is frustrating. The one position the Panthers need to upgrade we can't.

All the while we get to watch the bloody rich get richer.
                        every free agency is disappionting for a panther fan isn't, when was the last time we got a big name on the team, all we do is get average or below average players to fill our needs. but on the flip side we dont really need free agency when we do so good in the draft, just take a look at our roster, the starters are mostly first or second round draft picks

Sig by BoneKrusher
                        Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          NFC East Arms Race!!!

*grabs popcorn*
                          Only three teams seem to want to get into this arms race. The other one just twiddles its thumbs and sits on its collective ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            NFC East Arms Race!!!

*grabs popcorn*
                            It always is! Except we are going back to the rotation that helped us beat the Pats in the superbowl. We had Strahan, Osi, and Tuck moving around. With Osi hurt last year it was Tuck and Kiwi and both started to tire towards the end of the year due to less rotating and hard schedule.

Teams also went to the quick game, 3 step drop and get rid of it. Now we have the luxury of going back to the rotating system.

DEs:

Osi
                            Tuck
                            Kiwi
                            Tollefeson

DTs:

Canty
                            Robbins
                            benard
                            Alford
                            Cofield

* Sometimes Tuck

Passing, 3rd down situations..

Osi, Canty, Tuck, and Kiwi and we can blitz Boley or Kenny Philips or both

Reese and Kevin Abrams the capologist have done a great job in making the defense solid. Now we will have 9 draft picks plus comp picks, and add even more to the D and perhaps get some toys on offense if need be.

But our GM and franchise knows the game is won in the trenches and so I would never mind if our franchise tosses money to the O and D lines. That's where the game is won.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Only three teams seem to want to get into this arms race. The other one just twiddles its thumbs and sits on its collective ass.
                              I don't know how Philly can catch up with Dallas trading for Jon Kitna. That's a landmark move right there.

Oh yeah and the over the hill Brooking signing.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post

Unfortunatley, G-Wilk is considered an outcast by many fans. After seasons of playing a handful of snaps and then getting seriously injured many of us are FED UP

I was one of the biggest G-Wilk supporters, but his time has run out after last season. He has talent and seems like a perfect fit for WLB, but IMO its time 2 move on
                                LOUD & PROUD

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information