Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers???

    Although I am probably alone on this one, I think Rodgers is gonna be a better player long term.


    I dont think either of them will be great, but I think Rodgers is gonna be better.



    Alex Smith just kind of doesn't seem like he has it. I think he will be okay, and start for a while but not a franchise QB by any stretch.

    I think Rodgers is significantly better and is gonna have a better career by a good margin

    What do you think?
    84
    Alex Smith
    75.00%
    63
    Aaron Rodgers
    25.00%
    21

  • #2
    rodgers hasnt even started a game. no comparisions until rodgers plays some


    "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

    Comment


    • #3
      Alex Smith really improved this season, while Rodgers hasn't done anything but hold a clipboard while in the NFL. At this point you can't even start to compaire the two because Rodgers hasn't played.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MNRunLeft View Post
        Alex Smith really improved this season, while Rodgers hasn't done anything but hold a clipboard while in the NFL. At this point you can't even start to compaire the two because Rodgers hasn't played.
        He has played a little bit.

        And you can tell from out of college as well

        Comment


        • #5
          Alex Smith, most definately.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll take Rodgers because I liked him better out of college.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

            Comment


            • #7
              I'll reserve my judgement until Rodgers actually gets a chance to start full time. Saying anything at this point is simply premature.
              SKOL VIKINGS!


              Comment


              • #8
                rodgers has been given virtually no shot so this is a moot topic.

                however, alex smith was pretty good last year- his best target was hurt for most of the year, and bryant was suspended for some of the season. He made TONS of progress, but was actually playing on a run oriented team so his numbers weren't going to be huge.

                Remember the Seattle game- he rebounded from a bad first half, put his team on his back and came back to win. He is a very good athlete at the position, is still very young, and is a likely franchise caliber qb no doubt.
                Coors cold hard facts: Adrian Peterson runs like a little girl. Brady Quinn can't throw on the run. Josh Wilson is going to be a star. CJ is perfect.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Smith along with his 49ers are improving fast. They've built a strong young foundation on offense with Smith, Gore, and Davis... and if they are able to bring in a young stud WR to compliment that trio the 49ers offense will be good for a very long time.

                  Rodgers, although I haven't seen him in the NFL yet, doesn't have a lot of playmakers on the offense. Asides from Driver, the offense is depleted.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Rodgers, Alex Smiths a waste he just sucks he oughta take his smarts to the bussiness world cause he aint cutting it in football, if it was leinart that got drafted by the 49ers theyd actually be good he seems like hes on the right track with Arizona

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is a ******** topic, considering that Rodgers hasn't even played a game yet.

                      But just for the sake of arguing, Alex Smith will be a better quarterback. Smith will take a huge leap forward this year, now with a better defense and a more developed Vernon Davis.

                      Aaron Rodgers will be a career backup, and will never do anything noteable in the league.
                      Last edited by 16_SFfan_80; 03-05-2007, 01:21 AM.



                      "I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by WildDude View Post
                        Rodgers, Alex Smiths a waste he just sucks he oughta take his smarts to the bussiness world cause he aint cutting it in football, if it was leinart that got drafted by the 49ers theyd actually be good he seems like hes on the right track with Arizona
                        What an ignorant statement.

                        Leinart, despite having a ferocious duo of Fitzgerald and Boldin, was statiscally far worse than Alex Smith last season.

                        Alex Smith is a better quarterback than Leinart. Known fact: the Arizona Cardinals will never accomplish anything ever.



                        "I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 16_SFfan_80 View Post
                          What an ignorant statement.

                          Leinart, despite having a ferocious duo of Fitzgerald and Boldin, was statiscally far worse than Alex Smith last season.

                          Alex Smith is a better quarterback than Leinart. Known fact: the Arizona Cardinals will never accomplish anything ever.

                          known fact: alex smith threw 1 td and 11 ints in his first year. leinart will be on another level than alex smith


                          "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                            known fact: alex smith threw 1 td and 11 ints in his first year. leinart will be on another level than alex smith
                            Known facts: Alex played behind a worse O-Line that season than the Arizona Cardinals and had Brandon Lloyd has his #1 receiver. Leinart had Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Edgerrin James. Alex could look like a stud with all those weapons as well. It's not that difficult. Leinart is overrated, simply because he went to USC. Clearly a lot of teams recognized his deficiences. That's why he fell in the draft.



                            "I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              smith, although its almost impossible to compare the two when rodgers hasnt started a game

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information