Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants fans,

Chill. This is a forum, I'm voicing my opinion having watched a lot of Niner games over the past two years, and quite a few nationally televised Giants games. That's all.

That said, some of you who summarily dismiss Smith as being an inferior QB to Eli are missing the point. You ask what Smith has shown-- I would reply to you what has Eli shown? At least Smith has demonstrated consistent improvement from year to year so far-- Eli hasn't even done that. Admit it, if his last name weren't Manning, the NY fans and media would have turned on him a long time ago.

Just my .02

ETA: dhoe20, I guess we both just have our opinions. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by stl9erfan; 03-05-2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

well aaron rodgers gets the luxury of learning from Brett Farve while Alex Smith was just thrown into the NFL. I think Alex Smith is the better player overall but Aaron Rodgers does come close.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
      #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
      I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Aaron Rodgers ain't ever gonna start. Favre's a Packer for life.

Edit: And to the dumbass that said that Alex Smith is better than Eli.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry but that's just stupid, and there's no point in even arguing about it.

Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
        Giants fans,

Chill. This is a forum, I'm voicing my opinion having watched a lot of Niner games over the past two years, and quite a few nationally televised Giants games. That's all.

That said, some of you who summarily dismiss Smith as being an inferior QB to Eli are missing the point. You ask what Smith has shown-- I would reply to you what has Eli shown? At least Smith has demonstrated consistent improvement from year to year so far-- Eli hasn't even done that. Admit it, if his last name weren't Manning, the NY fans and media would have turned on him a long time ago.

Just my .02
        I'm also voicing my opinion...you're an idiot.

What was Eli done? 2 back to back playoffs, 24 TD's in both of his starting years. @Philly in 2006, against Denver in 2005, against the Colts this year, etc. He's had plenty of outstanding games. And no that last statement is total BS, if his last name wasn't Manning no one could be criticizing him as much.

Alex Smith sucks, and he's going to hurt worse this year without Norv Turner.
        Last edited by dhoe20; 03-05-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Alex Smith; He's getting gradually better and Rodgers hasn't proven anything other than he can get hurt in the few plays that he's actually in.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I thought Smith was the better QB that year, and I don't think anything's changed my perceptions. Granted, Rodgers hasn't had the opportunity to change my perceptions, but there's been rumblings for a couple years now that they would consider moving him.

Comment

I dont think its that fair of a question really.I chose Rodgers cause I liked him more than Alex SMith coming out.But so far he doesnt have the playing time to have proven anything.If anything this should be more of an argument of who the better prospect was coming out.

But Id also like to add this.Without Gore how many games would have SF won this year?
              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                I dont think its that fair of a question really.I chose Rodgers cause I liked him more than Alex SMith coming out.But so far he doesnt have the playing time to have proven anything.If anything this should be more of an argument of who the better prospect was coming out.

But Id also like to add this.Without Gore how many games would have SF won this year?
                not very many as he was SF's only real weapon this year. i give credit to alex doing as well as he has done this last year with the guys he had. i doubt that that many other young qb's could have done as well with the lack of receiving options and the lack of a consistent oline.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information