Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cromartie on Trading block?

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...lock/?chargers

The Chargers will put cornerback Antonio Cromartie on the trading block if they acquire Drayton Florence, according to league sources.

That would complete a remarkable circle for the two players. Cromartie replaced Florence as a starter in 2007.
    YIKES!

Wow! Seriously? Did Cromarties play drop off that much last year???
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        Cromartie was so unbelievably awful last year...I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse season by a corner, ever, and this is coming from someone who has seen years and years and years of horrific secondaries in San Diego. Forget the pass rush excuse, although that's always part of it, but the guy made horrendous decisions, with zero fundamentals or physicality. Gave it deep, gave it up short, plenty of penalties, constantly talking trash, got caught NAPPING during a playoff game, constantly smiling and joking around with opposing teams after getting destroyed the entire game, the list goes on and on...

His 2007 was just as stellar as his 2008 was atrocious though, and his athleticism might be unmatched in the entire league. A 2nd would be a steal, I'd do in it a second.
        I think thats a pretty incredible assessment from our resident Chargers fan.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

I'd offer a 4th (if the Lions had one) but no higher.
          I'm a state.

Comment

The Pats should give up our late second for him. I'd take that chance.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I hope the cardinals trade a 2nd round pick for him. That would be cool to see them both on the same team.

Comment

I'd give up a 3rd or 4th for him...he had one amazing season and is incredibly athletic. It would also be good to see a young face in our secondary of old men.

But no way San Diego will want to wheel and deal with the broncos

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

How would he look as a FS? He doesnt cover well as most CB's but he is a ball hawk with good range. If he could be a good FS Id give a 4th for him no doubt

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

i agree that he was terrible last year, always holding people and getting beat.. i think whenever i watched the chargers he got atleast 3 or 4 penalties.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      I think thats a pretty incredible assessment from our resident Chargers fan.
                      Thanks for saving me the trouble NY. :D

Cromartie is not in a good place right now, but obviously could go either way. I'm not sure he'll get traded but I'd rather have a blue chipper on the O-line to go with a Jammer, Cason, Florence CB squad than our current setup. Then again, I'm extremely high on Cason and would love to see him start with Jammer, I think he's aces all the way.

If he can bounce back, great, but he straight up did not play hard in 2008 and that is a cardinal sin. The thought of him as a FS is a joke under any circumstance, there hasn't been a less physical secondary player since Deion.

Comment

Did anyone on the Chargers D have a good year last season?

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          Did anyone on the Chargers D have a good year last season?
                          Jamal Williams and Quentin Jammer. Cooper, Weddle and Phillips were not totally disgusting most of the time. That's about it.

Comment

Yeah, he doesnt really fit as a FS. I mean, look at him, he is a little skinny boy. Like CC said, he isn't physical at all. What I like about him is his range and his leaping ability. If he can't get back to his pro bowl form, he would be a good nickelback with any team.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Eric weddle
                              One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information