Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucs sign Derrick Ward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
    That's why you look past the stats and realize it's just a good solid deal.
    Yes, but he offered the Giants, where its known he would have success a better deal and they turned it down.

    I enjoyed watching E, W and F. :(

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      Yes, but he offered the Giants, where its known he would have success a better deal and they turned it down.

      I enjoyed watching E, W and F. :(
      Because why spend that money on a guy who we think we can replace with more touches for Bradshaw and some Danny Ware. It's not like we let him go because we're cheap, we let him go because Reese thought that that money could be better spent elsewhere with minimal loss in production.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
        Because why spend that money on a guy who we think we can replace with more touches for Bradshaw and some Danny Ware. It's not like we let him go because we're cheap, we let him go because Reese thought that that money could be better spent elsewhere with minimal loss in production.


        Because the Giants had the #1 run game in the NFL this past season and why rock the boat for only 3 million in cap savings?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          like i already said.

          The Giants had 7 mil a year for Canty but not 4 for Ward. :(
          good point. its sad. derrick ward was great for us and he will always be as highly regarded to giants fans as anyone right now...i hope he has great success in tampa he deserves it

          sig by jkpigskin

          2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

          2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

          Comment


          • #35
            Good to see him get the respect he deserved last offseason.

            But one thing that is going against him. He doesn't have Madison Hedgecock and the Giants offensive line in front of him anymore. The Giants line, as a group, were the best run blockers in the NFL last year. After closely watching Tampa Bay 3-4 times last year, their big boys aren't close to halfway up the totem pole. We'll see what he's got.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Because the Giants had the #1 run game in the NFL this past season and why rock the boat for only 3 million in cap savings?
              Bradshaw is better than Ward. Guaranteed you'll agree in 9 months.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                Bradshaw is better than Ward. Guaranteed you'll agree in 9 months.
                I like him more but let's see him do it first. I'd say he's got as good of chance at being successful but saying he's already better when has yet to average even close to double digit touches per game is premature to say the least.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                  Good to see him get the respect he deserved last offseason.

                  But one thing that is going against him. He doesn't have Madison Hedgecock and the Giants offensive line in front of him anymore. The Giants line, as a group, were the best run blockers in the NFL last year. After closely watching Tampa Bay 3-4 times last year, their big boys aren't close to halfway up the totem pole. We'll see what he's got.
                  Aren't even half way? The Bucs O-Line is possibly the most promising part of the team. Particular the interior trio of Sears, Joseph and Faine.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                    Maintaining the #1 run game in the NFL for 10 mil (apparently 9 as Ward wanted 3 a year from the Giants) a year is "beyond foolish"?
                    Football is not a game of maintenance; it's a game of replacement. The NFL is a young man's league.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Football is not a game of maintenance; it's a game of replacement. The NFL is a young man's league.

                      Ward is going to be 29 with 342 career carries (and 69 career receptions). Not exactly a lot of wear and tear there. And why wouldn't you want to maintain the number one run game in the NFL?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                        Great signing considering he came cheaper than Michael Clayton. With Caddy injured again and Clifton better off returning, we needed someone to split carries with Graham. With Ward, we can now use our 3rd and 4th rd picks on defense instead of looking at guys like James Davis and Andre Brown.
                        If James Davis or Andre Brown are available with our 3rd and 4th round picks, I'd take both. They're steals.

                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          Yes, but he offered the Giants, where its known he would have success a better deal and they turned it down.

                          I enjoyed watching E, W and F. :(
                          there still is E, W and F...

                          and yfs (as usual) is right. 29 for a RB is getting to that age where they start slowing down. Bradshaw has his chance to shine right now as our #2 back. I'm excited to see what he can do, but still want to sign another vet for the G-men.

                          I just really wanna see what Ward can do in Tampa and how they'll utilize him. very intrigued.
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                            Bradshaw is better than Ward. Guaranteed you'll agree in 9 months.
                            I talked to Coach Garrett, Jason Garrett's father, and the knows everything about football, and he was more excited about Bradshaw than with Jacobs. He liked what Jacobs brought to the game, but he held Bradshaw in high regard over ALL our backs. Simply talked about the first 3 steps and how explosive he was. He also liked his vision as well which is deadly when you mix it with that explosive first 3 steps.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Great pickup by the Bucs, Ward is gonna be a nice back for them rushing and catching the ball outta the backfield....... Now TB just needs a WR, and QB then they have an offense, LOL
                              LOUD & PROUD

                              NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                                I talked to Coach Garrett, Jason Garrett's father, and the knows everything about football, and he was more excited about Bradshaw than with Jacobs. He liked what Jacobs brought to the game, but he held Bradshaw in high regard over ALL our backs. Simply talked about the first 3 steps and how explosive he was. He also liked his vision as well which is deadly when you mix it with that explosive first 3 steps.
                                Shockey+Manning=Shocking, good 2 see another fellow Giants.com MBer on these boards (theyre the only Giants posting I can do at work, LOL)
                                LOUD & PROUD

                                NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information