Bucs sign Derrick Ward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Because the Giants had the #1 run game in the NFL this past season and why rock the boat for only 3 million in cap savings?
    Agreed, Id take Ward back over Bernard....Not sure about Canty yet, Im a sucker for NFLers from NYC. Too bad we wouldnt even give the guy 3mil after he was part of the 4th RB tandem in NFL HISTORY to rush for over 1K yds
    LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kase1 View Post
      Shockey+Manning=Shocking, good 2 see another fellow Giants.com MBer on these boards (theyre the only Giants posting I can do at work, LOL)
      Yeah, I like this MB, good way to interact with other fan bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        I talked to Coach Garrett, Jason Garrett's father, and the knows everything about football, and he was more excited about Bradshaw than with Jacobs. He liked what Jacobs brought to the game, but he held Bradshaw in high regard over ALL our backs. Simply talked about the first 3 steps and how explosive he was. He also liked his vision as well which is deadly when you mix it with that explosive first 3 steps.
        Oh trust me I saw it in him in the preseason of 2007. If you have any tapes...watch him break tackles. Just unbelievable. With Ward out of the picture, I expect Bradshaw to absolutely burst on to the scene and tear it up.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

If Caddy stays healthy then he could be part of another great 1-2-3 punch with him, Earnest, and Caddy...great signing...other than cutting Brooks I love what the Bucs are doing this year

hopefully them AND the Rams will be good this year
          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
            Yeah, I like this MB, good way to interact with other fan bases.
            Word, thats what I'm lovin as well. Every FA pickup we get ive been going to their team boards here and checking the low down on the guys we get. I couldnt believe all the praise for Boley, its kinda like us Giants fans with Ward, just about nothing but good news. Now Im waiting to hear what the Texans fans gotta say about CC Brown the new Safety we just inked from Houston

...I enjoy these MBs as well, theyre the only football MBs I can access at work
            LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
              Oh trust me I saw it in him in the preseason of 2007. If you have any tapes...watch him break tackles. Just unbelievable. With Ward out of the picture, I expect Bradshaw to absolutely burst on to the scene and tear it up.
              Yup, going back to his Marshall days he showed the same burst and ability to break tackles. That's why more I see of Jacobs the more I miss the skill set Barber had for us.

Ward is a good player, and has a mix of physical element, ability to break tackles and can catch the ball, but I think we played it well. We didn't really need to sign him again, and I am glad the FO and staff realized this.

It's a good signing for the Bucs. Ward got his money and is a good success story, and hopefully the Bucs get what they paid for. Would I be surprised if he didn't do as well? No, because I think Ward had the benefit of our OL, FB, and running concepts, which I haven't seen used by other teams. But I wish him well, I liked him as a player, and story on how we got him.

Comment

Ward and Graham make a solid RB duo.

Tampa is a QB away from being a SB contender. I compare them very favorably to Minny.

Comment

Oh and to chime in on the Ward/Bradshaw debate...Bradshaw is better. Much better actually.

I see Bradshaw as having Brian Westbrook potential. I think that highly of him.

I think our team as a whole did not perform as well in the playoffs vs last year because we didn't use Bradshaw.

last year's playoffs when we won the SB, Bradshaw was the MVP of our run game.

Comment

Look Bradshaw has better ability and as giants fans we know this, but the question is with a bigger spotlight and the longer leash that comes with it will do something stupid to get himself in trouble again, as well as obvious questions about how he'll hold up getting more carries and more attention. That's why I don't want to premature about crowning him better than ward, wardclearly wasn't the most physically talented RB, but he was a very steady and consistent contributer in a variety of ways and you didn't have to worry about him screwing up on or off the field. From all i've read ahmad's been a good soldier so far in his career but there's still the concern that he won't handle a heavier workload.

That said i'm very optimistic our running game will be significantly more explosive this season and should be just as consistent and productive with bradshaw stepping in as the number two and ware battling a rookie for the number three spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                      Look Bradshaw has better ability and as giants fans we know this, but the question is with a bigger spotlight and the longer leash that comes with it will do something stupid to get himself in trouble again, as well as obvious questions about how he'll hold up getting more carries and more attention.

I always thought Bradshaw's legal troubles were blown kind of out of proporiton. He stole a playstation. Big whoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        I always thought Bradshaw's legal troubles were blown kind of out of proporiton. He stole a playstation. Big whoop.
                        Theft in a young adult makes me really question a guy's mindset. Granted there are a lot of other morally reprehensible things I don't mind, but there's just something about a disrespect for property rights that really irks me.

Comment

Look Bradshaw has better ability and as giants fans we know this, but the question is with a bigger spotlight and the longer leash that comes with it will do something stupid to get himself in trouble again, as well as obvious questions about how he'll hold up getting more carries and more attention. That's why I don't want to premature about crowning him better than ward, wardclearly wasn't the most physically talented RB, but he was a very steady and consistent contributer in a variety of ways and you didn't have to worry about him screwing up on or off the field. From all i've read ahmad's been a good soldier so far in his career but there's still the concern that he won't handle a heavier workload.

That said i'm very optimistic our running game will be significantly more explosive this season and should be just as consistent and productive with bradshaw stepping in as the number two and ware battling a rookie for the number three spot.
                          Your wrong, up until these last two years ward didnt do much of anything, and the reason he was consistent was because his OL and BJ. He has good vision and pounds through the whole, but he's not special. He doesn't make more than one or two people miss, i dont think ive seen that ever.

He wouldve been off our team if it wasnt for a new GM. Bradshaw is not a troublemaker, he came into a slump, i suspect because he hadnt been given the confidence because he had still not been given a chance to shine. He proved himself and had to settle for the role he already had. Bradshaw is a prototypical RB, yes he's small, but hes fast, hes agile, hes quick, he has the best vision on the team, he can break a tackle and in the middle of that break another, just do ridiculous ****, but he doesnt have the confidence or the experience to hold onto the football

That my friend is why. Ward isnt special, hes just good. Now no more repetitiveness because im tired of 20 giants fans saying the same thing. its really annoying

Comment

I don't think I disagree I'm just pointing that while Ward wasn't special, Bradshaw hasn't proven he's special either, at least not yet and while I'm optimistic he'll get there I'm not completely comfortable saying that he's already better than ward, because if that where the case wtf was coughlin doing not giving him double digit carries. I suspect the durability questions and fumbling questions are going to be the difference between bradshaw coming in and playing great and him losing carries to a gyu like ware who coughlin could trust more.

Comment

I don't think I disagree I'm just pointing that while Ward wasn't special, Bradshaw hasn't proven he's special either, at least not yet and while I'm optimistic he'll get there I'm not completely comfortable saying that he's already better than ward, because if that where the case wtf was coughlin doing not giving him double digit carries. I suspect the durability questions and fumbling questions are going to be the difference between bradshaw coming in and playing great and him losing carries to a gyu like ware who coughlin could trust more.
                              Bradshaw has proven he is special. The GM, Reese and the staff know this. Also any giants fan watching game in and game out knows that bradshaw has the skill set to do special things. Just watch the games since he has been drafted and watch his skill set. I was praying we wouldn't take back Ward because he would take more carries away from Bradshaw. Now with Ward gone, the BJ, Bradshaw, and Ware combo is something I know I will be looking forward to next season.

Comment

ask the patriots staff if he's special, they spent alot of their time preparing for him

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information