Bucs sign Derrick Ward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs sign Derrick Ward

Per a league source, Ward has agreed to terms on a four-year, $17 million deal.

He’ll earn $6 million guaranteed in the first year, $9.25 million over the first two, and $13 million over the first three.

Yay we finally signed someone. Didn't he want a Michael Turner type deal? Looks like we got him for about half that.
    Last edited by DJC; 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

like i said already

sexcellent

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

like i already said.

The Giants had 7 mil a year for Canty but not 4 for Ward. :(

Comment

Wow, The Bucs are really trying to build up there offfense and taking the right steps to do so. Mark Sanchez anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          like i already said.

The Giants actually turned down Ward for $3 million a season.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I really like this signing. Knocks off another need for the draft and moves us closer to the salary floor. Now we need to get crowell.

Comment

Solid signing. A great safety net in case Cadillac isn't ready to go which is a high possibility. Hopefully he forms a nice 1-2-3 punch with Caddy and Earnest Graham.

Comment

Well, this signing really puts the pressure of Cincinnati to bring back Cedric Benson. Not all too happy to see Ward slip away, as I think he will be a good starting RB. In Tampa Bay, though, he can platoon with Ernest Graham. Good pick-up for the Bucs and typical Bengals...

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                  Solid signing. A great safety net in case Cadillac isn't ready to go which is a high possibility. Hopefully he forms a nice 1-2-3 punch with Caddy and Earnest Graham.
                  How the hell is that gonna work out? One of the 3 is gonna get the short end of the stick. That's what I think.

Or 2 of the 3 will get injured and we'll be onto our 3rd stringer, like when we discovered Graham.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Very solid signing by the Bucs imo need insurance incase Cadillac is done.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

like i already said.

Yeah because we are high on Bradshaw and Ware. Worse comes to worse we draft a rookie as well. It would beyond foolish to have brought Ward back and pay that much for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DJC View Post
                        Didn't he want a Michael Turner type deal? Looks like we got him for about half that.
                        Well didn't Tuner get a 6 or 7 year deal? Still nice deal but I don't think he had any where close to the value Turner had in the eyes of teams around the NFL.

Comment

like i already said.

We didn't even take him back for three mil per, that should tell you how confident the staff is in Bradshaw, Ware and the offensive line covering up for his loss. Plus with us having plugged our holes at LB and DT there's still a good chance we take a RB in the draft.

Comment

So is Cadillac officially a bust because of injuries or something?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Nice signing for the Bucs.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information