Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the next coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Shanahan will be coaching the Cowboys. Wade Phillips' contract is over after this season. Phillips will probably accept being the DC.
    If Dallas does well...Garrett probably becomes our coach. Jerry didnt show any interest in booting him despite him costing us games with his terrible game planning and play calling. He could end up being a better HC than a coordinator...hopefully, for his sake and well, ours if it unfolded that way. I just wouldnt allow the guy to call plays. He was brought in here to be the head coach one day...if he turns things around this year. The job is as good as his.

    and Phillips lets people walk over him sometimes but, there is no way he'd accept that demotion. That wouldnt sit well with any head coach and is a major shot at ones pride. I wouldnt doubt he goes on to coach elsewhere as a coordinator but, he wont be doing it in Dallas. Talk about opening the flood gates for more scrutiny.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-04-2009, 04:24 AM.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      If Dallas does well...Garrett probably becomes our coach. Jerry didnt show any interest in booting him despite him costing us games with his terrible game planning and play calling. He could end up being a better HC than a coordinator...hopefully, for his sake and well, ours if it unfolded that way. I just wouldnt allow the guy to call plays. He was brought in here to be the head coach one day...if he turns things around this year. The job is as good as his.
      hahahahaha... ok who's kidding who? You said it yourself. This team is a mess.

      Garrett will never be the HC of the Cowboys. Jerry has always opted for experience for that job. It's why we have Phillips instead of Singletary. With Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, etc out there... there's no way Garrett gets the job.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        hahahahaha... ok who's kidding who? You said it yourself. This team is a mess.

        Garrett will never be the HC of the Cowboys. Jerry has always opted for experience for that job. It's why we have Phillips instead of Singletary. With Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, etc out there... there's no way Garrett gets the job.
        My expectations are not high but, you never know.

        Jerry was willing to name fresh faced Garrett head coach as soon as we signed him. That's why he had an unknown position until after Wade agreed to terms. Garrett nearly got the job right out of the gates...and Jerry obviously has a lot of love for the guy. Dont know why considering last year but, there is some favoritism there. If we somehow manage to play well...he's most likely first in line. Because, if you hired a guy like Shanny...that means you let Garrett walk and Jerry looks like he's not interested in such a thing. Not yet atleast...again, it fringes on how well we do this season.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • #19
          Garrett was a pretty bad OC most of last year. I know the team suffered some injuries but he was calling a lot of the wrong plays at a lot of wrong times and he was a big factor in why the Cowoboys offense seemed so inept at certain times.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
            Garrett was a pretty bad OC most of last year. I know the team suffered some injuries but he was calling a lot of the wrong plays at a lot of wrong times and he was a big factor in why the Cowoboys offense seemed so inept at certain times.
            Oh we know...I was praying someone would take him off our hands.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • #21
              I'd hate it (better for Ryan to have continuity) but I think that Mike Mularkey may have another head coaching job next year. I was surprised that he didn't get more interest this year, frankly.
              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

              Comment


              • #22
                Brian Schottenheimer.
                ________
                Avandia Class Action Settlement
                Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:03 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Al Davis will fire Cable and coach the team himself.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I am guessing Greg Manusky, after which I'll be deeply saddened.

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Bill Cowher to the skins
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Al Davis will fire Cable and coach the team himself.
                        He already is the HC in reality, haha, that's why so many talented guys leave for HCing jobs elsewhere. It worked when he was younger but as an old man, it just doesn't anymore.
                        And proud of it!!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Due to trend analysis- I say- The Patriots OC and DC
                          Well, probably not the OC but definitely our DC
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Oh we know...I was praying someone would take him off our hands.
                            Not going to happen. You except him to be there for a while. That family and Jones are tight, so you have to understand the relationships involved in this case. Not going to happen unless he leaves on his own, and I believe Jones is trying to have him there to be HC in the future.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                              Not going to happen. You except him to be there for a while. That family and Jones are tight, so you have to understand the relationships involved in this case. Not going to happen unless he leaves on his own, and I believe Jones is trying to have him there to be HC in the future.
                              That's what I said.

                              All of us fans were holding out hope that he would go the Browns or Lions this off-season but, it didnt happen. If we happen to do well this year, the job probably goes to Jason but, if we dont do well and Garrett is a primary reason why again...I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry cut ties with him, close family ties or not. You cant just hand Garrett the job after he failed as a coordinator. It just doesnt work that way. The favortism toward Garrett is evident and he obviously wants to keep him around but, if we suck...Garrett, just like anyone else, can get the ax.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-04-2009, 11:48 AM.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                That's what I said.

                                All of us fans were holding out hope that he would go the Browns or Lions this off-season but, it didnt happen. If we happen to do well this year, the job probably goes to Jason but, if we dont do well and Garrett is a primary reason why again...I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry cut ties with him, close family ties or not. You cant just hand Garrett the job after he failed as a coordinator. It just doesnt work that way.
                                True but the Garrett family's ties are all over the franchise. You have to factor that and the politics involved as well with accessing a situation. Even if he does poorly he won't go anywhere. In fact I know some stuff I can perhaps PM you involving Romo. Gotta remember there is always more to these kinds of issues.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information