Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MJD thinks he should be highest paid RB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJD thinks he should be highest paid RB?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-for-a-payday/

Jaguars running Maurice Jones-Drew, who has his tongue in his cheek so often that it’s hard to tell when he doesn’t (he claims that he’s training in Egypt, running the pyramids), made his case for a big-money deal on Wednesday’s Dan Patrick Show.

Asked whether Jones-Drew believes he should be the highest-paid running back in the league, Jones-Drew said that, yes, he should be.

Um, really?

Though he has been a touchdown machine, with 34 scores in only three seasons, Jones-Drew has never rushed for 1,000 yards in his three NFL seasons.

Bottom line? The highest-paid backs in the NFL are and will continue to be the shrinking handful of guys who aren’t splitting touches on first and second down with another tailback. Jones-Drew has never been asked to do it, and until he shows that he can, there’s no way that he can be among the highest-paid at the position.

I agree, he shouldn't be paid that much. TDs is one thing, but get some yards to back it up. He obviously has the skill set but to the be the highest paid RB is alittle extreme.

Comment

There is only one running back in the league that deserves a contract that puts him at the top: L.T.

He may not even deserve it anymore becuase of his age, but MJD? I think this is a case of a little thing called Cockiness....

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

MJD is good, but not even close to Adrian Peterson (who deserves to be, and probably will be at some point, the highest paid RB).

Comment

He can be, but he sure as hell won't be the best.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

-Would MJD take less money to assure that a teammate stayed with the team? Jones-Drew says yes if he was Kurt Warner who has already been paid throughout his career. He compares his salary to eating at Subway and he's hoping to upgrade to McDonald's.
            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

really I think McD would be a down grade to Subway, eat fresh vs Eat preprocessed food.

Comment

MJD is a funny guy.

Comment

The things this guy and Marshawn says is epic all the time. Those two should have a show.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

really I think McD would be a down grade to Subway, eat fresh vs Eat preprocessed food.
                  What a ******* moron. McDonalds high quality than Subway?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    The things this guy and Marshawn says is epic all the time. Those two should have a show.
                    They just need a catchy title and it will be a hit.

Comment

Um...of course he does, what was he supposed to say?

Someone asked him a question, it's not as if he just came out and said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        Someone hasn't heard of the 5 dollar footlong, apparently.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          They're both pretty bad, man.

RIP ST

Comment

The jags should trade their first round pick for marshawn and than just re-name themselves the jacksonville dreds.

Comment

Would any starting RB ever say they shouldn't be the highest paid? And if they did, would you want that guy to be "The Guy" for your team?

MJD will finally get his chance to be a true #1. My money is on him succeeding and showing that maybe he should be paid as the best.

My head, on the other hand, doubts anyone overtakes AP as the best back in football.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information