Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Sheffler on the Block...

Hey all,

I'm getting the impression from my Broncos that Tony Sheffler is on the block, anyone with input on what he is worth? (draft picks) For anyone who isn't familiar, he is a great receiving TE but a sub-par blocker. Also, who would be potential suitors for him? Thanks, GO BRONCS

The Eagles should consider sending their 4th round pick for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
      Hey all,

I'm getting the impression from my Broncos that Tony Sheffler is on the block, anyone with input on what he is worth? (draft picks) For anyone who isn't familiar, he is a great receiving TE but a sub-par blocker. Also, who would be potential suitors for him? Thanks, GO BRONCS
      Potential suitors for him would include IMO

Buffalo
      Cleveland
      Detroit (hey, why not? They need just about everything)
      Atlanta
      Philadelphia
      Carolina (unlikely)

Comment

I'm just trying to get a relative understanding of what he is worth on the market. People in Bronco land tend to WAY overvalue current players on the roster. He is injury prone, and really doesn't fit into McDaniels' system.

Comment

The Bucs gave up a 2nd for Winslow. I think you are looking at a 3rd or 4th for Scheffler.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
            The Bucs gave up a 2nd for Winslow. I think you are looking at a 3rd or 4th for Scheffler.
            If we could get a third I would be ecstatic....One more pick to dedicate to the DL

Comment

do the broncos have anything behind sheffler?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

If my team needed a pass catching TE, I'd trade a third for Schefler in a heartbeat.

Comment

Not really, Daniel Graham is the starter and has already played in the Patriots' system. He is the ideal TE for that system. I would suspect they could entertain grabbing another blocking TE via FA or late in the draft....

Comment

I'm just trying to get a relative understanding of what he is worth on the market. People in Bronco land tend to WAY overvalue current players on the roster. He is injury prone, and really doesn't fit into McDaniels' system.
                    You are 100% correct. BTW, your handle looks rather familiar... are you posting over at Broncomania?

As I said over there, a late 3rd - 4th would be a decent exchange for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                      You are 100% correct. BTW, your handle looks rather familiar... are you posting over at Broncomania?

As I said over there, a late 3rd - 4th would be a decent exchange for the Broncos.
                      That is me, I have to come over here often to get a "sensible" approach to fee agency and other topics. Some people over there too often post too much crap before getting the facts straight. Bye the way, how do you feel about us potentially moving Sheff? I really think he is a good player, but McD's offense is predicated on WRs versus TEs.....

Comment

Not really, Daniel Graham is the starter and has already played in the Patriots' system. He is the ideal TE for that system. I would suspect they could entertain grabbing another blocking TE via FA or late in the draft....
                        I forgot about Graham, he probably will have a bit of a renaissance under McDaniels

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                          I forgot about Graham, he probably will have a bit of a renaissance under McDaniels
                          Yeah I was a little disappointed given the size of his contract when we brought him in. However, I have completely changed my tune on Graham and he is actually a really good TE.....

Comment

I wonder if the Falcons look at him. LJ Smith is visiting Detroit and I dont know anymore if he will be a Falcon. While the Falcons need a more well balanced TE, it wouldn't hurt to have a great receiving threat over the middle like Scheffler.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I like scheff a lot, and I really don't want to see him go...but I would be happy if we got a third for him. A 4th would be alright I guess. But I think graham is gonna be great this year.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information