Cardinals Resign Warner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals Resign Warner

The Arizona Cardinals and Kurt Warner agreed Wednesday to a two-year deal, $23 million deal, according to his agent, Mark Bartelstein. He will have $19 million of the contract guaranteed.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3951664

now on to Boldin, Dockett and Wilson

I hope you guys can not get Boldin signed and the Ravens trade for him.
    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
    Just let it go RWO.
    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

what about Carlos Dansby?

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        franchised yoo
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          Karlos*

true, but I would say he is the 4th priority

Comment

Good thing the Cardinals did this, I don't think this team would have anywhere near the same success with Matt Leinart at the helm of the offense.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
              Good thing the Cardinals did this, I don't think this team would have anywhere near the same success with Matt Leinart at the helm of the offense.
              that's an understatement. It's about time the Cardinals got this done.
              Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                that's an understatement. It's about time the Cardinals got this done.
                Congrats on Warner getting significantly more out of the Cards than they originally offered.

Comment

So can we call Matt L a bust now? I mean when the heck is he going to start when he is like in the late 20s? His shelf life is ticking away and the fact he can't beat our Warner is not encouraging, not a knock on Warner of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                    So can we call Matt L a bust now? I mean when the heck is he going to start when he is like in the late 20s? His shelf life is ticking away and the fact he can't beat our Warner is not encouraging, not a knock on Warner of course.
                    You said it yourself, you can't knock him for not being able to beat out Warner. Kurt played like an MVP for most of the season, so i'm not sure how that makes Leinart a bust. Best case scenario for the Cards though, is that they trade him before he loses any more value.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                      I think this is one of the reasons the Cards were hesitant to re-sign Warner. Now they have him for 2 more years while their Golden-Boy Leinart's contract expires on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        You said it yourself, you can't knock him for not being able to beat out Warner. Kurt played like an MVP for most of the season, so i'm not sure how that makes Leinart a bust. Best case scenario for the Cards though, is that they trade him before he loses any more value.
                        How long do we wait? Warner has played well last season, but didn't they go back and forth before this breakdown season by Warner. I would think the chance to win it was back then. How long does one wait until that tag gets attached to him, assuming he never starts now?

Comment

Damn, I actually thought Leinart would actually get a chance this year.

Comment

I'm not defending or criticizing either player....

I just find it very interesting that people think much differently of Leinart than of Alex Smith.

Compare their best seasons...

Leinart - 74.0 Rating - 214 Completions - 56.8 Comp% - 2547 Yards - 12 TDs

Smith - 74.8 Rating - 257 Completions - 58.1 Comp% - 2890 Yards - 16 TDs

I don't think there is much of a question as to which player had more talent around him in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              I'm not defending or criticizing either player....

I just find it very interesting that people think much differently of Leinart than of Alex Smith.

Compare their best seasons...

Leinart - 74.0 Rating - 214 Completions - 56.8 Comp% - 2547 Yards - 12 TDs

Smith - 74.8 Rating - 257 Completions - 58.1 Comp% - 2890 Yards - 16 TDs

I don't think there is much of a question as to which player had more talent around him in 2006.
                              If I am not mistaken they were in two different systems, especially Smith who had a new OC every year. At that point it's just bad luck that no one could stay and develop him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information