Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    Interesting...

Bengals fans would you rather have Coles out there or would you rather Jerome Simpson or Andre Caldwell be given a chance to shine?
    Remember, Chad Johnson will be a Free Agent in 2010. So, with that being said, if either player is ready to assume a starting job, they will have to wait only a year. This gives the team to use Andre Caldwell still as an asset on Special Teams and gives Simpson a much needed extra year to develop. You can expect to see Caldwell in a more expansive role this coming season, but it's also nice to know he won't exactly be rushed or forced into the slot. I like the move personally. I do feel the team paid a lot, but the team also has a lot, so it doesn't worry me. Finally, they are focused on getting things done.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

It's not the money that worries me, it's the number of years. Coles is on the wrong side of 30 and is another concussion away from being sidelined for a while.

When he isn't whining about money, his life-partner chad pennington, he is one hell of a gutsy player, who plays hurt and leaves everything out on the field. I was leary when the jets gave him his salary guaranteed and that was only for two years, I would definitely be worried about a 4 year contract.

That having been said, he is a great compliment to CJ and will probably give two good to very good years playing with palmer.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I just dont get why anybody would want to go to the Cincy but with that being said lets see if Carson can put together a decent season and chad johnson plays to his level
        Go Broncos

Welcome To The Broncos Weapon X

Comment

I think they have more important needs. Coles was bitching with the Skins after he got 80+ receptions that he didn't get the ball. I doubt the two egos of himself and Chad can co-exist in the same locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
            I think they have more important needs. Coles was bitching with the Skins after he got 80+ receptions that he didn't get the ball. I doubt the two egos of himself and Chad can co-exist in the same locker room.
            T.J., Chad, and Chris Henry co-existed so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Comment

One less WR off the market that could've helped the Eagles or Giants. Phew...

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                One less WR off the market that could've helped the Eagles or Giants. Phew...
                Kenny Britt will soon haunt you in your dreams. Oh, it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  Kenny Britt will soon haunt you in your dreams. Oh, it's coming.
                  Yeah... bring on any rookie Wr you want... that's like the worst way to address your #1 Wr position.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Yeah... bring on any rookie Wr you want... that's like the worst way to address your #1 Wr position.
                    I'm not a fan of either team, but who said he had to be a #1 receiver?

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      I'm not a fan of either team, but who said he had to be a #1 receiver?
                      You did. #2 WRs don't "haunt" people.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                        yes!!! This means Crabtree just needs to fall past KC and no1 trade up for him and he will be ours!
                        St. Louis is still in play as a possible destination, imo. I wouldn't rule them out.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                          TJ had plenty of ego, it won't be any more of a problem than he was, TJ was just a lot quieter about it which I respect him for.

I really like it given that we didn't get TJ. I'm not comfortable with Caldwell or Simpson as our #2 this year.

Comment

"Cincinnati paying a 31-year-old receiver $7 million per season provides seven million reasons to believe the team is not high on young receivers Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell. The Bengals spent a second- and third-round draft pick in 2008 on Simpson and Caldwell, respectively, and is essentially admitting the draft errors."

per ESPN's James Walker.

hahahaha ESPN hates the Bengals when they struggle yet when they succeeded in 2005, they loved them. Walker's comments above are proof of pure ignorance.

Jerome Simpson is still very raw, and not ready to assume a starting role in 2009. Still, the club is extremely high on Andre Caldwell and that's no secret. Why rush a young player into the starting lineup when you don't have to?

Comment

You cannot trust Henry, ever.
                              I just cannot trust 2nd year WR's. Our highest pick, Simpson, was drafted on potential. Either way, our #2 WR would've been Henry/Simpson/Caldwell, not very comforting at all.

We're plenty under the cap, they've wanted to run some 5 WR sets in the past but haven't had the players, this gives us a chance for that at least. Not to mention Coles is a proven commodity, 800 yards is a very reasonable expectation for him next season and that's exactly what we need.

Believe me, our FO has massive problems but sometimes people just bash them because they assume every move they make is bad.

Comment

This would have been a great deal. If it had been 4 years 14-18 million. But is wasn't. It was 28 million and he just isn't the receiver he once was.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information