No announcement yet.

Shaun Hill vs. Tony Romo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno if you want to prove that Shaun Hill is the next Romo or if Romo is the next Shaun Hill. Either way... this doesn't prove a damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I dunno if you want to prove that Shaun Hill is the next Romo or if Romo is the next Shaun Hill. Either way... this doesn't prove a damn thing.
      I just want to prove that Shaun Hill doesn't suck.

Comment

Shaun Hill is a Franchise QB with a Noodle arm. His arm will always hold him back, but if you watch him play....he makes plays on the field. He is a gamer....it almost always looks ugly, but its almost always effective.

He throws ugly passes that find their mark, but again...his arm will limit him ala' Pennington.

Comment

Why would you start this argument? Now, I have to watch as every one rags on Shaun. Oh well.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            I just want to prove that Shaun Hill doesn't suck.
            Well... He's the one that's going to have to prove that.

As for what I believe the 9ers will do.... they're gonna address that QB position to replace him. There's a reason they were interested in Warner despite knowing his price tag.

Comment

Well... He's the one that's going to have to prove that.
              He already has and that is the point of the numbers I posted

As for what I believe the 9ers will do.... they're gonna address that QB position to replace him. There's a reason they were interested in Warner despite knowing his price tag.
              You are wrong. The 49ers only pursued Warner to raise the price for the Cardinals to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                He already has and that is the point of the numbers I posted

You are wrong. The 49ers only pursued Warner to raise the price for the Cardinals to sign him.
                Ohh really? That is the only reason? Hmmm.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  Ohh really? That is the only reason? Hmmm.
                  Yeah it is. If you ask people what the two most important things about the QB position are they usually say leadership, and winning games. Hill does both of those, why can't he be the guy?

Arm strength is the most overrated quality in a QB. No he is not the smoothest athlete I have ever seen, but he wins games and at that end of the day that's the most important thing.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Maryland > Eastern Michigan ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

/Eastern Illinois same thing though.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

As a 49er fan I've seen enough of Hill for me to say he needs to be the starter for a year while we address far more urgent issues. In that time, my opinion on him may change, but for now he should be the starter, no question. Is his arm strength an issue? Sure, but show me a QB that has no weakness what so ever, to include the team around him.

Is he Joe or Steve - No
                        Is he a Franchise QB - Potential

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                          Yeah it is. If you ask people what the two most important things about the QB position are they usually say leadership, and winning games. Hill does both of those, why can't he be the guy?

Arm strength is the most overrated quality in a QB. No he is not the smoothest athlete I have ever seen, but he wins games and at that end of the day that's the most important thing.
                          Arm strength is the most overrated? Do you honestly believe that? Arm strength dictates what throws a QB can make, and the more arm strength you have the more a defense has to prepare for any aspect of the passing game. If you don't have the arm strength then it minimizes what your offensive capabilities are and it shrinks the field, making the offense easier to prepare for.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Maybe Shaun Hill can be as good as Romo, but do people actually think Romo is a championship-caliber QB? Romo is probably the most overrated quarterback of the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                              It's not that easy and cut and dry to compare. Two different systems, with different OL, and different WR, different offensive coaches, so comparing stats is pretty much not accurate. Yeah both can have equal overall production in two different systems, but that means nothing. If you want to compare them stick them on the same team, or in the same system, and then you are comparing apples to apples.
                              You're completely accurate in what you said, but that basically means you can never compare players unless they are teammates.

Comment

Using stats to compare players is a complete waste of time. Last I looked 'wins' is what counts in the NFL and Romo has put up more of them, it isn't even close. Is Romo a top franchise QB, no so comparing your QB to Romo = zero. The only thing that counts in the NFL is wins and if you cannot compare him to Brady, Peyton, Eli or Roethlisberger's win totals, you had better start looking for another QB unless you have some reason to hope.
                                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information