Shaun Hill vs. Tony Romo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
    Using stats to compare players is a complete waste of time. Last I looked 'wins' is what counts in the NFL and Romo has put up more of them, it isn't even close. Is Romo a top franchise QB, no so comparing your QB to Romo = zero. The only thing that counts in the NFL is wins and if you cannot compare him to Brady, Peyton, Eli or Roethlisberger's win totals, you had better start looking for another QB unless you have some reason to hope.
    By your logic, Tony Romo is a better QB than Jay Cutler, and we all know that isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
      By your logic, Tony Romo is a better QB than Jay Cutler, and we all know that isn't true.

Last I looked Denver was trying to rid itself of Cutler so what does that say about your statement. These QB's are still young enough to accomplish something during their careers, time will establish if either is truly successful.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Last I looked Denver was trying to rid itself of Cutler so what does that say about your statement. These QB's are still young enough to accomplish something during their careers, time will establish if either is truly successful.
        Riiiiiight.

You do know that football is a team sport? Just ask Dan Marino. No single player can do close to enough to win a football game by themself, let alone a whole season of games.

Drew Brees is garbage also. Couldn't even make the playoffs last year.

Comment

Is this a joke? Tony Romo is a franchise QB, I can't say the same about Hill at all. Can he become a decent starter? Sure. Does he deserve a shot? Sure. Would I depend on him for the next 5-10 years? Hell no.

Comment

San Fran made 2 offers that Warner had to reject himself. They wanted him.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
              You're completely accurate in what you said, but that basically means you can never compare players unless they are teammates.
              Ahhh there we go.. Yet everyone does, and this has been going on to fuel such things as video games, fantasy football and so on.

But the truth of the matter it is hard to compare the same position for two different players on two different teams. There is a boat load of different variables like I explained above. I am not saying disregard stats altogether, but I wouldn't base arguements on stats or use it as a crutch in debates.

Pro GMs for the most part differ in their approach but don't use stats as a crutch, that's why you get players with a skill set that's good but lack production, so when a GM pays a big contract for the player, fans and media don't understand, because they look for the stats. But the skill set a player has may be just as valuable for that team in that specific given system.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                Arm strength is the most overrated? Do you honestly believe that? Arm strength dictates what throws a QB can make, and the more arm strength you have the more a defense has to prepare for any aspect of the passing game. If you don't have the arm strength then it minimizes what your offensive capabilities are and it shrinks the field, making the offense easier to prepare for.
                That maybe be the case, but you can't say a guy can't be your franchise QB just because he doesn't have a strong arm. In that case it is overrated.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

It says Denver is stupid that's what it says.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    Is this a joke? Tony Romo is a franchise QB, I can't say the same about Hill at all. Can he become a decent starter? Sure. Does he deserve a shot? Sure. Would I depend on him for the next 5-10 years? Hell no.
                    Can he become a decent starter? Have you missed the last two years?

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      Can he become a decent starter? Have you missed the last two years?
                      Shaun Hill has never been a starter for a full season, or even the majority of one. Eight starts this year, two the year before. I was referencing a full time starter, which he clearly hasn't been for an entire season yet.

Comment

I like Shaun Hill but the 49ers activity shows they do not want him as the starter. Singletary has been talking about a competition with Hill and Smith. The 49ers seem to desperately want to re-sign Smith. Heck, Singletary even listed QB as a need in his season ending press conference. And then theres the pursuit of Kurt Warner.

I wouldnt mind Shaun Hill starting for a year or 2 but with their actions this offseason im pretty convinced the 49ers FO doesnt want him to start at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                          That maybe be the case, but you can't say a guy can't be your franchise QB just because he doesn't have a strong arm. In that case it is overrated.
                          For the success and breakdown of any quarterback, whether that's a "franchise" QB or a backup, a quarterback's arm strength is important. It's not a rule that your "franchise" QB, or however you look at Hill, that he has a strong arm, but more times than not a QB with a stronger arm will have more success and be considered far more than one without arm strength.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Using stats to compare players is a complete waste of time. Last I looked 'wins' is what counts in the NFL and Romo has put up more of them, it isn't even close. Is Romo a top franchise QB, no so comparing your QB to Romo = zero.
                            Are wins not a stat? Also, over their first 10 games it's 7 wins to 6 in favour of Hill... Interesting if you're basing everything on wins no?

Comment

Look at this though, if you look at his career stats, statistically speaking, the guy rounds out the top 3rd of the leagues QB's. Look at his Comp %, QB rating, etc. Hell, his TD/ INt is beter then Cutler's and there is no doubt that Cutler is a franchise QB (not a knock against Cutler - just using him as an example). I could also explain all the front office reactions and press releases regarding the QB situation as "wagging the dog". Until, the guy gets his shot as a full time starter for a full year, how can you say he can't lead the team for the next 5 - 6 years.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                For the success and breakdown of any quarterback, whether that's a "franchise" QB or a backup, a quarterback's arm strength is important. It's not a rule that your "franchise" QB, or however you look at Hill, that he has a strong arm, but more times than not a QB with a stronger arm will have more success and be considered far more than one without arm strength.
                                Doesn't matter how strong your arm is if the accuracy isn't there and the instincts too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information