No announcement yet.

Shaun Hill vs. Tony Romo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill is a decent starting QB. Thats all. He isnt going to get you guys a playoff win. You might have a chance at making the playoffs since your division is week. Id suggest drafting Sanchez

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
      Doesn't matter how strong your arm is if the accuracy isn't there and the instincts too.
      It's a two way street. You can say what you have above, but you can be the most accurate passer in the world but if you can't get the ball there in a timely matter then it's useless. But more times than not teams will take a chance on the guy that can get the ball there and hope the accuracy comes around, example Rhett Bomar.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Dammit Abaddon, why did you bring this up? Hill isn't getting any sexier and that's what it takes to get the "franchise QB" tag from other fans. Let's let him perform well for a full season and that will open some eyes.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          It's a two way street. You can say what you have above, but you can be the most accurate passer in the world but if you can't get the ball there in a timely matter then it's useless. But more times than not teams will take a chance on the guy that can get the ball there and hope the accuracy comes around, example Rhett Bomar.
          I still don't see how that makes arm strength not the most overrated attribute in a QB,
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

6.9 v 8.5 YPA while the 8.5YPA QB has +3% completion is a pretty big deal statistically. It says the 8+ YPA QB has had far more bigger plays.

Yes, Romo's environment helped that, but nobody thinks about stuff like supporting cast in the midst of it happening, and it's in the midst of it happening where the legend/reputation/impression is formed.

That, and he's a Cowboy throwing to other Cowboys.

Comment

But Hill has 5 more total touchdowns and 1 less pick.

Comment

Right, but looking at those numbers, I'm guessing Romo had more big passes for TDs which make better highlights, particularly after the team wins.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  Right, but looking at those numbers, I'm guessing Romo had more big passes for TDs which make better highlights, particularly after the team wins.
                  If SportsCenter didnt talk about it, it's obviously not important.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Did that make him better?

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                      I still don't see how that makes arm strength not the most overrated attribute in a QB,
                      I don't know what more I can say, but for me personally, I feel that you don't have a grasp on the QB position and what goes into a QB being successful.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

My grasp on the QB position is fine. I just don't think you can write a guy off entirley because he doesn't have a strong arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          If SportsCenter didnt talk about it, it's obviously not important.
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                          Did that make him better?
                          I thought the question was why Romo, at the same point in his career that Hill is now, was already considered a hot QB with a bright future and with a lot of people ready to claim him as the next great QB who came from nowhere. That's what I'm answering, I'm not giving reasons why Romo deserved it, just why it happened.

Playing for a team the media obsesses over with a WR the media obsesses over while providing them the highlights they desire is what did it.

Comment

This from Wikipedia:

Montana was not rated highly by most scouts. At one combine, Montana rated out as six-and-a-half overall with a six in arm strength, used to judge how hard and how far a prospect could throw the ball. By comparison, Jack Thompson of Washington State University rated an eight, the highest grade amongst eligible quarterbacks.
                            I'm not saying arm strength is not important, but obviously, it's not the clincher.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                              This from Wikipedia:

I'm not saying arm strength is not important, but obviously, it's not the clincher.
                              Which is exactly what I am saying.

Comment

I thought the question was why Romo, at the same point in his career that Hill is now, was already considered a hot QB with a bright future and with a lot of people ready to claim him as the next great QB who came from nowhere. That's what I'm answering, I'm not giving reasons why Romo deserved it, just why it happened.
                                I wasn't disagreeing with you. In fact, I think what you said is fine. I am just taking a shot at ESPN's infatuation with the Cowboys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information