X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Hill vs. Tony Romo

A comparison of Tony Romo and Shaun Hill through their first 10 starts

Romo:

Stats (2006) - 204/310, 2641 yards, 65.8%, 8.5 yards per attempt, 16 TD, 10 INT, 96.2 QB Rating, 6-4 record

Opponents records

8-8 W
    5-11 L
    5-11 W
    12-4 W
    4-12 W
    8-8 W
    10-6 L
    7-9 W
    10-6 L
    3-13 L

72-88

Hill:

Stats (2007-2008) - 198/317, 2193 yards, 62.5%, 6.9 yards per attempt, 21 TD (3 rush), 9 INT, 90.1 QB rating, 7-3 record

Opponents records

9-7 L
    2-14 W
    9-7 W
    7-9 W
    9-7 L
    11-5 L
    2-14 W
    8-8 W
    7-9 W
    9-7 W

73-87

Romo is a better in terms of yards and yards per attempt but he was also throwing to TO while Hill's best receiver has been Isaac Bruce. I don't understand is why everyone was in love with Romo after his first season and yet no one thinks Shaun Hill is worth anything.
    Last edited by abaddon41_80; 03-06-2009, 06:36 AM.

It's not that easy and cut and dry to compare. Two different systems, with different OL, and different WR, different offensive coaches, so comparing stats is pretty much not accurate. Yeah both can have equal overall production in two different systems, but that means nothing. If you want to compare them stick them on the same team, or in the same system, and then you are comparing apples to apples.

Comment

Well if it makes you feel any better i think they both suck
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        It's not that easy and cut and dry to compare. Two different systems, with different OL, and different WR, different offensive coaches, so comparing stats is pretty much not accurate. Yeah both can have equal overall production in two different systems, but that means nothing. If you want to compare them stick them on the same team, or in the same system, and then you are comparing apples to apples.
        If you want to go that route than it is pretty obvious that Romo had a better team around him and was in a much more quarterback-friendly system and yet Hill still had stats that are just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          If you want to go that route than it is pretty obvious that Romo had a better team around him and was in a much more quarterback-friendly system and yet Hill still had stats that are just as good.
          Didn't hill do well towards the end of the season with Mike Martz at the helm? I thought I remember seeing he did.

Comment

Didn't hill do well towards the end of the season with Mike Martz at the helm? I thought I remember seeing he did.
            He actually did much better in 2007 when Jim Hostler was the OC

Comment

He actually did much better in 2007 when Jim Hostler was the OC
              Well the system with Martz allowed Hill do really come into his own. Not sure about '07 because I don't get 9ers games. But the problem is consistency in a given system. You guys could have build off of the Air Coryell system. Now what system is going to implemented for you guys?

Comment

The first 10 games as a starting Qb means jack squat. If you break down the film, maybe Tony Romo had more potential and better mechanics or soemthing. It is hard just to throw up those stats for the 1st 10 games and comapre the two. Systems, playing in Dalls as the QB there has alot of pressure I guess, the surrounding talent, 3rd down completion percentage, etc, etc, etc.

You really can't just throw up player x's 1st 10 starts and compare them to player Z's 1st 10 starts. it sounds as if you are reaching for a reason to dislike a guy.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Well the system with Martz allowed Hill do really come into his own. Not sure about '07 because I don't get 9ers games. But the problem is consistency in a given system. You guys could have build off of the Air Coryell system. Now what system is going to implemented for you guys?
                  A run heavy offense where Hill will have to make the occasional play and convert 3rd downs, which he has shown he is more than capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    The first 10 games as a starting Qb means jack squat. If you break down the film, maybe Tony Romo had more potential and better mechanics or soemthing. It is hard just to throw up those stats for the 1st 10 games and comapre the two. Systems, playing in Dalls as the QB there has alot of pressure I guess, the surrounding talent, 3rd down completion percentage, etc, etc, etc.

You really can't just throw up player x's 1st 10 starts and compare them to player Z's 1st 10 starts. it sounds as if you are reaching for a reason to dislike a guy.
                    This topic isn't about a dislike of Tony Romo because I think he is a good QB. This topic is about why people continuously say Shaun Hill sucks despite having almost identical numbers to Tony Romo through his first 10 starts who everyone said was great after 2006.

Comment

A run heavy offense where Hill will have to make the occasional play and convert 3rd downs, which he has shown he is more than capable of doing.
                      That's a good system, hopefully now you guys can get some stability with your OCs now. That actually would be a better fit for a system than in Dallas.

Comment

This topic isn't about a dislike of Tony Romo because I think he is a good QB. This topic is about why people continuously say Shaun Hill sucks despite having almost identical numbers to Tony Romo through his first 10 starts who everyone said was great after 2006.
                        Like I said, maybe somethnig in film shows that Hill is SO NOT a franchise QB. But if its a question that he is or is not franchise then you must draft someone who has more potenial and the make up to be a potential franchise QB. Still 10 starts is too small of a window to use.

Give him a chance to prove himself? Thats how I felt about Tyler Thigpen, but obviously I know NOTHING.
                        Last edited by bored of education; 03-05-2009, 09:26 AM.
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Stats mean everything.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                            Stats mean everything.
                            esp the 1st 10 starts of someones career.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              Like I said, maybe somethnig in film shows that Hill is SO NOT a franchise QB. But if its a question that he is or is not franchise then you must draft someone who has more potenial and the make up to be a potential franchise QB. Still 10 starts is too small of a window to use.

Give him a chance to prove himself? Thats how I felt about Tyler Thigpen, but obviously I know NOTHING.
                              That is kind of my point. Hill has done enough to deserve a shot at the starting job. I thought the same way about Romo after 2006 and even about Thigpen last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information