SS Roy Williams released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thule View Post
    This safety class outside of Moore and Delmas is a joke imo...depending on your feelings of Johnson. My early pick for the cowboys was Pegues as he had some return value as well....but he just doesn't scream NFL starter to me either.

Cowboys fans have been calling for Sean Jones...but apparently we haven't made the move...and with Igor coming to town it doesn't seem likely that we could sign both.
    I like Delmas and Johnson as the top FS types, Delmas could even play some SS in the right scheme, and I feel that Moore is strictly a SS.

Thats why I said Byrd might be a nice option late 2nd where your picking. Try him out at corner, if he doesn't do so well there, make him your future FS. And if he does do well, let him eventually take over at CB and slide Terrance Newman back there as he's aging.

Comment

Dallas is already set at corner and they seem relcutant to move Hamlin to SS because of his suspect tackling...so, we're pretty much looking exclusively at SS types.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Dallas is already set at corner and they seem relcutant to move Hamlin to SS because of his suspect tackling...so, we're pretty much looking exclusively at SS types.
        Moore/Chung might just be your godsends if they last that long then.

Comment

hahah what if Moore turns into Williams,...it could be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            hahah what if Moore turns into Williams,...it could be possible.
            we could play the "what if" game all night....but yes the similarities are there coming out of college.

Comment

These types of moves by high paid teams have more to do with fitting a roster into the salary cap than a discussion on how good a player is. These type of teams have to make tough decisions every year. Williams and TO will be picked up by somebody, you can count on that.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Not in this case...this isnt a salary cap move at all. The fact that we save $2 million is just an added bonus.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Just to add onto what MOTH said....Roy actually asked earlier this week to be traded or cut....on top of the fact that we were already shopping him.

Comment

New England wanted a "rover" safety last year (SS/OLB hybrid), but Tank Williams was put on IR and I guess they didn't like what they saw from John Lynch. Roy Williams would be a pretty decent rover though, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      New England wanted a "rover" safety last year (SS/OLB hybrid), but Tank Williams was put on IR and I guess they didn't like what they saw from John Lynch. Roy Williams would be a pretty decent rover though, I think.
                      Williams could play that Rodney Harrison-esque role, and if theres a guy in the league who can figure out a use for Williams, it would be Bellichick.

Comment

Roy is done. He just wants to sit around and pontificate about Jesus and how he is a righteous man.

I think whoever signs him is in for a surprise. The guy simply does not care and is tying to get by on reputation and whatever physical talent he can muster.

Comment

He is a scrub and all he can do is drop his shoulder to make a tackle. If i was any team, I would stay away. He is getting old and he is just straight up garbage ever since Darren Woodson has been with ESPN.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm still mad about TO. It'll be a while before I get over that.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                              If no one signs him he will be the first player to ever make the Pro Bowl as a free agent.
                              I just needed to call attention to this post. Awesome stuff.

Comment

Move him to LB, his coverage skills just stink at SS.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information