No announcement yet.

Patriots sign Shawn Springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this signing a lot. We needed a veteran corner who still can offer something when he is on the field (not another Deltha O'Neal or Tory James), I still think we take a corner with one of our first four picks.

Like RoP said, I am really likeing the players we are bringing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
      Baker hasnt done much either... If Watson is healthy he can be a playmaker.
      His physical skills would say so, but he has zero instincts as a receiver. None. He's a forty time and not a heck of a lot more.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        His physical skills would say so, but he has zero instincts as a receiver. None. He's a forty time and not a heck of a lot more.
        agreed but you honestly think Baker is better than Watson?

Comment

Possibly. It's not a very large limb to step out on to say Baker will get more playing time than Watson this year. Not saying he's better persay, but Watson has become a real frustrating player. I really hope he can get his game up to the level that he was supposed to be playing at after 06, but I just don't see it happening. Damn fine Madden player, not a good football player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Watson hasn't lived up to his first round billing as a game changing TE, but I haven't given up on him quite yet. His blocking has improved quite a bit and even though he hasn't made a huge impact in the passing game, a lot of that has to do with Welker holding down the underneath stuff and Moss stretching the field. I think Watson could see a bigger role next year, but there is no denying he has had his struggles with catching the football.
            Last edited by Don Vito; 03-05-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Yes. And Baker's better days are behind him? He's 29, and he just got hooked up with Tom Brady. Ben Watson can't catch a ball. You could put a video clip of his targets this season (passes thrown at him) to the Benny Hill theme song. Passes bouncing off his hands, chest, facemask, him not being able to see where the ball is, you name it.

Comment

You should get a good 8 games out of him
                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                  You should get a good 8 games out of him
                  Terrence Wheatley looked great in his first start last year until he went down with a broken wrist - he was blanketing Marvin Harrison, deflected two passes, and I would like to see him in more action next year. I'm sure Springs is better at this point, but I hope Wheatley still gets some quality playing time.

Comment

Also, there's an unexplored storyline here - Shawn Springs is Terrell Owens' rival, and there's talk the Jets will sign Owens, although that's a bad situation for him, playing with Clemens and/or Ratliff at QB. If McNabb, Garcia couldn't cut it, there's no way those guys do.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Terrence Wheatley looked great in his first start last year until he went down with a broken wrist - he was blanketing Marvin Harrison, deflected two passes, and I would like to see him in more action next year. I'm sure Springs is better at this point, but I hope Wheatley still gets some quality playing time.
                      As long as you have his back up ready, but when he is on the field he is going to be one of the better players out there and he can play CB and FS very well. When he was actually in the game he was our best DB out there last year
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I like this signing, and I've liked how the Pats have handled this off-season. Wheatley is going to be the next Hobbs for us, very similar players.

If Watson could chisel the stone off his hands, he'd be an elite TE, but that doesn't seem the case, Baker will bring some fire onto Watson's ass and hopefully force him to improve.
                        Breed's QB Philosophy:
                        Originally posted by Breed
                        At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

I like the signings.
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Springs is good but he's made of glass. He's great for matching up on big physical receivers.

Once that hammy or calf goes, the season goes.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                              Also, there's an unexplored storyline here - Shawn Springs is Terrell Owens' rival, and there's talk the Jets will sign Owens, although that's a bad situation for him, playing with Clemens and/or Ratliff at QB. If McNabb, Garcia couldn't cut it, there's no way those guys do.
                              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,146116

Third team from the bottom: The New York Jets.

Comment

The thing that the Pats do that some people marvel at are the signings they make that actually payoff and they are seen as geniuses. if Springs doesn't work out, if Adalius gets injured again its overlooked, but if they get someone low risk high reward and pays off its genius. Moss, Seau did well for some time, Rodney Harrison etc. ZOMGZ they are geniuses!!!

Signing Springs will be one of those ahh who cares if he does jack **** or ZOMGZZZ PATRIOTS KNEW ALL ALONG THEY ARE SUCH GENIUSES IF HE HAS 9 INTS.
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information