Patriots sign Shawn Springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    The thing that the Pats do that some people marvel at are the signings they make that actually payoff and they are seen as geniuses. if Springs doesn't work out, if Adalius gets injured again its overlooked, but if they get someone low risk high reward and pays off its genius. Moss, Seau did well for some time, Rodney Harrison etc. ZOMGZ they are geniuses!!!

Signing Springs will be one of those ahh who cares if he does jack **** or ZOMGZZZ PATRIOTS KNEW ALL ALONG THEY ARE SUCH GENIUSES IF HE HAS 9 INTS.
    The second statement is always true

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      The second statement is always true
      the whole post is true. don't be a blind patriots homer.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

The thing that the Pats do that some people marvel at are the signings they make that actually payoff and they are seen as geniuses. if Springs doesn't work out, if Adalius gets injured again its overlooked, but if they get someone low risk high reward and pays off its genius. Moss, Seau did well for some time, Rodney Harrison etc. ZOMGZ they are geniuses!!!

Signing Springs will be one of those ahh who cares if he does jack **** or ZOMGZZZ PATRIOTS KNEW ALL ALONG THEY ARE SUCH GENIUSES IF HE HAS 9 INTS.
        when u are the best thats what happens
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
          when u are the best thats what happens
          Best at what, did I miss something?
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Best at what, did I miss something?
            playing football
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
              playing football
              for a time they were.

Comment

for a time they were.
                Its hard to argue a team did something wrong if they win 18 games
                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I like the signings so far, too. Fragile Fred, Springs, and Baker are all guys with solid production in their history. Sure they're older and could break down, but the Pats usually get players like this at solid bargain type prices.

Which leads me too . . .

Isn't that the point of "low risk high reward" signings? If they work out you're brilliant (high reward) if they flop it is NBD (low risk.)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    Too many old guys. I'm not against the move and it's probably only for a year, but it just makes our defense seem so much older. Always have to watch out for the defense breaking down with age. Hope this doesn't change our draft plans any. We still need a younger starting caliber corner.

Any idea how much this is going to cost us?

And yeah, Watson is an absolute waste of talent. Terrible hands and he isn't good at locating the ball on top of that.
                    They need veterans... They brought in a bunch of young guys that they're developing and are poised to bring in a lot more this year.
                    ________
                    Vaporizer vidoes
                    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                      I like the signings so far, too. Fragile Fred, Springs, and Baker are all guys with solid production in their history. Sure they're older and could break down, but the Pats usually get players like this at solid bargain type prices.

Which leads me too . . .

Isn't that the point of "low risk high reward" signings? If they work out you're brilliant (high reward) if they flop it is NBD (low risk.)
                      But what makes the Patriots different from other teams, that they strike luck more than once? Every team does it from time to time. But other teasm are seen as failures when its over looked about the patriots if the person doesnt pan out.

I get why they sign these old bags, but they aren't doing anything different (off the field) than many other teams.

Comment

hey the won rings for a reason I guess right lol

hopefully the true mastermind (Pioli) can have the same LUCK in KC!

Comment

It's not really luck... They're able to sign these guys cheaper than most teams, and the Patriots are the best team in the NFL at putting players with specific skills in situations where they can succeed and produce.

Pioli will do the same thing in KC.
                          ________
                          LIVE SEX
                          Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

hey the won rings for a reason I guess right lol

hopefully the true mastermind (Pioli) can have the same LUCK in KC!
                            He's already brought in a bunch of talent for you guys. With another nice draft, you guys should be well on your way to the playoffs in the near future.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

But what makes the Patriots different from other teams, that they strike luck more than once? Every team does it from time to time. But other teasm are seen as failures when its over looked about the patriots if the person doesnt pan out.

I get why they sign these old bags, but they aren't doing anything different (off the field) than many other teams.
                              Recently the patriots have done it more than most other teams, and have been winning as a result of these signings/late round draft finds. Also, alot more of these signings, recently, have panned out than those that have failed.
                              Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

We also don't count on those guys. That's an important part of it all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information