Patriots sign Shawn Springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    We also don't count on those guys. That's an important part of it all.
    Will you did count on moss, Seau, Covin (for a time), Rodney..but in the last few years you are right they have been just pieces to the puzzle sorta
    Last edited by bored of education; 03-06-2009, 12:00 PM.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      Will you did count on moss, Seau, Covin (for a time), Rodney..but in the last few years you are right they have been just pieces to the puzzle sorta
      That's the way to go I think. It's more a mindset than anything else, but I think we realize that a lot of these guys might not pan out.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Colvin was a big signing (originally, not this past year), Seau wasn't counted on until he'd already proven himself, and Moss wasn't counted on at all (remember, same off-season they brought in Stallworth, Washington, Welker, and had Chad Jackson developing)...
        ________
        INFANTS WELLBUTRIN
        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Colvin was a big signing (not this past year), Seau wasn't counted on until he'd already proven himself, and Moss wasn't counted on at all...
          Agreement. Colvin kinda came and went, but he wasn't a risk/reward type guy. He was a reward that turned into a risk. Still ended up having some good years for us though.

You could even argue we didn't count on Rodney. Merriweather and Sanders were brought in to eventually be starters, even if Sanders has had mixed results in that role.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

But what makes the Patriots different from other teams, that they strike luck more than once? Every team does it from time to time. But other teasm are seen as failures when its over looked about the patriots if the person doesnt pan out.

I get why they sign these old bags, but they aren't doing anything different (off the field) than many other teams.
            Like others have mentioned, Luck is an interesting choice of words. At what point does a good personnel system go from Luck to just plain smart? Every time a stud goes down the guy behind him steps up. You call it luck, we here in Patriots Camp call it a sound system w/a good eye for the talent needed to get the job done.

Now we will get to find out how much of that 'good eye' was attached to Pioli. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Rosy, Adalius and Rodney are hardly examples of low risk high reward, anyway, imo. All 3 were proven studs who continued to be studs here in NE. Injuries and all. In fact, I would argue they were all high risk b/c they were expected to be studs. It's much tougher to live up to high expectations.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

hey the won rings for a reason I guess right lol

hopefully the true mastermind (Pioli) can have the same LUCK in KC!
                I wouldn't base my team's future on luck...

They sign good players for cheaper contracts because players actually want to go there; especially the older ones looking for rings with their last contracts.

RIP ST

Comment

I call it luck until it happens in KC :D
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

The Patriots will find a way to make him successful.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                      Rosy, Adalius and Rodney are hardly examples of low risk high reward, anyway, imo. All 3 were proven studs who continued to be studs here in NE. Injuries and all. In fact, I would argue they were all high risk b/c they were expected to be studs. It's much tougher to live up to high expectations.
                      Thomas and Colvin were both high-profile FA signings. They're completely uninvolved in this conversation. Harrison was more along the lines of this Springs signing. He seemed completely washed up, then ended up being good enough for the Pats to drop Milloy.
                      ________
                      VAPORIZER TELEVISION
                      Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Shawn Springs deal is for three years and "at least" $10.5 million, and up to $13 million total. Not a bad deal, although I doubt he'll be on the team for three years due to his age. Still, in terms of yearly salaries, we're looking at $3-4 million a year, which is about market value.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                          Shawn Springs deal is for three years and "at least" $10.5 million, and up to $13 million total. Not a bad deal, although I doubt he'll be on the team for three years due to his age. Still, in terms of yearly salaries, we're looking at $3-4 million a year, which is about market value.
                          Too much, IMO. Don't like the money much but I suppose it isn't THAT bad as long as we pick up a corner to spell him in the draft. Still, the Duane Starks experiment kinda put me off moves of this nature. Hopefully they learned their lesson and don't count on the guy although the money would say otherwise...

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                            if you can get 12 or so games out of him this year and 9-10 next year then he is well worth that. i couldnt imagine us paying him the 7.5 he was due this year under contract with us but id have had no problem paying him 3-4 mil. when hes healthy and on the field he is still a very good cornerback.

Comment

ESPN is so god damned dumb. We make Springs official and suddenly it is a counter move to the Bills signing Owens. Forget the fact this has been in place for a week. Nope. That's not a good story.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information