Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Briggs demands a trade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I will say this though, Briggs trying to play the respect card is a joke.

    If you are franchised, you're respected.

    If you're offered 6 years at 33 million during the season (AD got 7 years 35 million) you're respected.

    I totally understand him wanted to get as much money as he can, but it's not like the Bears organization has given him nothing. That's still a hell of a lot of money.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      IF they wanted to continue franchising him, I think they easily could.
      I agree he'll suck it up eventually and play. But two years in a row? I think Angelo should look long and hard to find a taker for Briggs, that way:

      Briggs is happy, he'll get his gazillion dollar contract he wants (and deserves) and the bears are happy (they'll get a bunch of picks).

      Sig by Fenikz

      I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

      Comment


      • #18
        The Rams are prepared to offer a 2nd Round Pick and Jimmy Kennedy :)!

        Seriously, IF he can play SAM I'd give a 1st.
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Addict View Post
          I agree he'll suck it up eventually and play. But two years in a row? I think Angelo should look long and hard to find a taker for Briggs, that way:

          Briggs is happy, he'll get his gazillion dollar contract he wants (and deserves) and the bears are happy (they'll get a bunch of picks).
          I thought you could only franchise a player for one season, not two consecutive seasons.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by NYmoney View Post
            I thought you could only franchise a player for one season, not two consecutive seasons.
            Clements got tagged 2 years in a row. I think you can do it as long as you want, but teams never do that.

            Comment


            • #21
              Clements did not get tagged two years in a row.

              Comment


              • #22
                Didnt the Pats franchise Vinatieri a few times?
                What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

                Comment


                • #23
                  No but Walter Jones from Seattle has. I want to say it was 3 years. Chicago should look at San Francisco as a possible bidder. They have a ton of money to burn and they need help at OLB. They were looking at paying Adalius Thomas a load of cash but NE beat them to it. I say lets snatch some draft picks from them and give them Briggs so he can be the new highest defensive player in the NFL next to Clements.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Clements got tagged 2 years in a row. I think you can do it as long as you want, but teams never do that.
                    You can do it as many times as you want. However, once you franchise him the third year, you must pay the player the average of the top five salaries in the league, not at his respected position.

                    Originally posted by jkb528
                    Clements did not get tagged two years in a row.
                    Yes, he did.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      You can do it as many times as you want. However, once you franchise him the third year, you must pay the player the average of the top five salaries in the league, not at his respected position.
                      Ouch. That really would suck though.

                      And Vinnatieri also got tagged twice.

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        What team would be willing to give a 2nd this year and a conditional first day pick next year for Briggs? Keep in mind they will have to be able to sign Briggs as well.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I would not want the Giants to trade for him unless we are talking about a 2nd round pick here. And I doubt he goes for a 2nd rounder.
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I have no doubt they could get a 2nd rounder. I just don't think they would take it. For those teams picking in the first round, they need to sign their players to new contracts too (albeit for a lower amount). Is Briggs as good as Lawrence Timmons? I certainly think so. Put him in this draft and I think he's the best linebacker available, and still about 25-26 years old.


                            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              I have no doubt they could get a 2nd rounder. I just don't think they would take it. For those teams picking in the first round, they need to sign their players to new contracts too (albeit for a lower amount). Is Briggs as good as Lawrence Timmons? I certainly think so. Put him in this draft and I think he's the best linebacker available, and still about 25-26 years old.
                              But he would cost a ton more than a rookie.
                              Originally posted by Paul
                              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                I have no doubt they could get a 2nd rounder. I just don't think they would take it. For those teams picking in the first round, they need to sign their players to new contracts too (albeit for a lower amount). Is Briggs as good as Lawrence Timmons? I certainly think so. Put him in this draft and I think he's the best linebacker available, and still about 25-26 years old.
                                The difference is that if you hold onto your pick and take Timmons you don't have to give him a ridiculous signing bonus. He also has the potential to be greater. Either way it is has its risks and rewards like any player personnel decision. Take Briggs, more of a sure thing but more of a financial burden.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information