Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Briggs demands a trade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Yeah I understand all that, I'm just saying. Not all organizations think the same, and it only takes one to think otherwise to make a trade. Either way I'm not that concerned. These things work themselves out and I trust Angelo to make the right decisions.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by evershot View Post
      What team would be willing to give a 2nd this year and a conditional first day pick next year for Briggs? Keep in mind they will have to be able to sign Briggs as well.
      The bills maybe? 49ers seem to be actively spending their salary cap.

      Briggs would be a great pickup for any team. He's not a fast guy or anything but he's got sound instincts.

      If we were to get a second-round pick (say... in the 15-25 range) would posluszny be available? he's kind of comparable to Briggs isn't he? Not the fastest, but sound instincts and all?

      Sig by Fenikz

      I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

      Comment


      • #33
        I am of the opinion that Lance Briggs is overrated in the first place... He's a good football player but only becomes great when he plays alongside Urlacher.


        Sig by me... Hold the applause.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Addict View Post
          The bills maybe? 49ers seem to be actively spending their salary cap.

          Briggs would be a great pickup for any team. He's not a fast guy or anything but he's got sound instincts.

          If we were to get a second-round pick (say... in the 15-25 range) would posluszny be available? he's kind of comparable to Briggs isn't he? Not the fastest, but sound instincts and all?
          Do you mean a first round pick? I think the best we can hope for is a late 1st (or something equivalent to its value) and I think, while some don't like him much on this board, he'll be gone by 20 or so.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Do you mean a first round pick? I think the best we can hope for is a late 1st (or something equivalent to its value) and I think, while some don't like him much on this board, he'll be gone by 20 or so.
            I like Puz a lot actually. But yeah, he'd probably be gone by round two huh?

            Or could we get a first for Briggs? Doubtfull.

            Sig by Fenikz

            I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

            Comment


            • #36
              I don't understand what you're saying. You're asking if Poz will be available in the mid-2nd round? If so absolutely not. I'd be shocked if he fell out of the first round.


              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

              Comment


              • #37
                I wouldn't so mind giving up the #27 pick for Briggs, but it's the contract he'd want that makes me go 'Ehhhhh... nah'.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
                  No but Walter Jones from Seattle has. I want to say it was 3 years. Chicago should look at San Francisco as a possible bidder. They have a ton of money to burn and they need help at OLB. They were looking at paying Adalius Thomas a load of cash but NE beat them to it. I say lets snatch some draft picks from them and give them Briggs so he can be the new highest defensive player in the NFL next to Clements.


                  Briggs would play ILB in the 3-4 but he would still be a huge upgrade over Derek Smith

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The biggest thing the Bears have is their defensive system allows them to hold even more leverage in the situation. Briggs was drafted in the third round, but the production they got out of him was much more valuable then that, and Lovie and Angelo both know that they could probably replace him with a player drafted around the same area. They know they can trade him for a pick higher than they spent on him (a second or maybe a late first), replace him easily, and recoup that salary cap space.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I don't understand what you're saying. You're asking if Poz will be available in the mid-2nd round? If so absolutely not. I'd be shocked if he fell out of the first round.
                      I don't even know what I was trying to say. :D sorry.

                      In most mocks I've seen, Poz wasn't in round one though.

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        I don't even know what I was trying to say. :D sorry.

                        In most mocks I've seen, Poz wasn't in round one though.
                        If the Bears do trade Briggs Poz might just slip back into the first round.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          You can do it as many times as you want. However, once you franchise him the third year, you must pay the player the average of the top five salaries in the league, not at his respected position.



                          Yes, he did.

                          No, he didn't. We tried to in the Forum Mock but it couldn't even happen there.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Very interesting, Briggs is a key piece in the defense and now the poor Bears may be starting the beginning of the end :)


                            Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              Very interesting, Briggs is a key piece in the defense and now the poor Bears may be starting the beginning of the end :)
                              You're overrating Briggs, he is important to the Bears, but not a 'key piece'. Urlacher & Harris are the Nucleus of their defense.

                              Sig by Fenikz

                              I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                wow, i really im shocked by that qoute, he has a pretty good career going in Chicago. This seems like a huge mistake by Briggs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information