Briggs demands a trade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    The biggest thing the Bears have is their defensive system allows them to hold even more leverage in the situation. Briggs was drafted in the third round, but the production they got out of him was much more valuable then that, and Lovie and Angelo both know that they could probably replace him with a player drafted around the same area. They know they can trade him for a pick higher than they spent on him (a second or maybe a late first), replace him easily, and recoup that salary cap space.
    exactly... with the scheme we play, we can afford to wait until the mid rounds for our LBs and CBs... I don't see us going LB in round 1... if we go Defense, then it would be either a Safety or a DT. Jerry Angelo has easily been one of the best GMs in all of sports since he took charge, and I have confidence in his drafting/signing/trading of players.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
      You're overrating Briggs, he is important to the Bears, but not a 'key piece'. Urlacher & Harris are the Nucleus of their defense.
      He is a key piece b/c if that defense is not on the top of its game and at 100 percent with all the skill the bears can not win b/c they lack a key piece to their offense outside of the O-line. The Bears rely on their defense and when they lose Briggs they have to fill some pretty big shoes.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I can't see the Bears shipping Briggs. Wouldn't they lose their franchise tag if they were to trade him?

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          He is a key piece b/c if that defense is not on the top of its game and at 100 percent with all the skill the bears can not win b/c they lack a key piece to their offense outside of the O-line. The Bears rely on their defense and when they lose Briggs they have to fill some pretty big shoes.
          Let's not kid ourselves here. You're a Packers fan hoping that more than anything.

Would losing Briggs be a loss? Sure.

Would we still be much more talented than any other team in the division? Unquestionably.

I think our offense is better than any other team in the division as well. Let alone defensive superiority.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
            I can't see the Bears shipping Briggs. Wouldn't they lose their franchise tag if they were to trade him?
            Nope. Not to mention that we don't need it anyway. Briggs is the only player that was up for FA that would even remotely warrant the tag.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              No, he didn't. We tried to in the Forum Mock but it couldn't even happen there.
              You're right, he was only franchised once. However, the reason he couldn't be franchised again was because he agreed to sign the franchise tender only if the Bills agreed not to franchise him again.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Let's not kid ourselves here. You're a Packers fan hoping that more than anything.

Would losing Briggs be a loss? Sure.

Would we still be much more talented than any other team in the division? Unquestionably.

I think our offense is better than any other team in the division as well. Let alone defensive superiority.

I'd argue that offensive comment if the Packers had a ******* RB. Wow, the Bears have the best offense in the NFC north. Does this tell anyone about the NFC north?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

The Packers and Bears offense is certainly arguable. A lot of it, of course, comes down to Grossman's development.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    I'd argue that offensive comment if the Packers had a ******* RB. Wow, the Bears have the best offense in the NFC north. Does this tell anyone about the NFC north?
                    i think it could easily be argued without question that the Bears have one of the most talented offenses in the game. Talent however does not always translate into play on the field...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      the only real "keys" to our D are urlacher, mike brown, and tommy harris(as of right now)...briggs is definately a huge part of the D but in now way is he a key piece...if we do lose briggs and don't end up drafting a LB high for an immediate answer, we can still play urlacher with hillenmeyer(graned hes a strongside LB) right away and the D won't falter much...we also have your LBs in Jamar Williams, Leon Joe, and Rod Wilson who like the bears said have been groomed to the system and to step in if briggs should leave...so losing briggs will hurt the bears yes but his role can be replaced to an extent that the D won't drop much and may even be comparable to the D with briggs...

that being said...I think the bears definately need to find a trade for briggs this year...the draft isn't producing many LBs that can compare to briggs which is why he wanted to shop the free agency...i think the 49ers would be a good possibility if they didnt run a 3-4 because briggs isnt said to be a good Lb for that scheme...but I think the bears are trying to get as much as they can for him and if they do trade for draft picks I don't think it will be until just before draft day when they see what the best offer is and take it...

Comment

Mike Brown isn't key, it just so happens that the rest of our safties are pretty mediocre (hopefully Danieal develops in his second year).

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                          i think it could easily be argued without question that the Bears have one of the most talented offenses in the game. Talent however does not always translate into play on the field...
                          I am honestly not trying to rip into you here, or the Bears. Who exactly leads you to believe the bears have on of the most talented offenses in the NFL?
                          Last edited by TitleTown088; 03-05-2007, 03:15 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            I am honestly not trying to rip into you hear or the Bears. Who exactly leads you to believe the bears have on of the most talented offenses in the NFL?
                            Yeah I would agree that's a bit of an overstatement.

There are, however, some young and talented players.

Benson is obviously very talented. I believe that Berrian and Bradley are as well.

Grossman has an incredible arm. That counts as talent. Unfortunately he also has an incredibly stupid mind.

I think people tend to focus too much on Grossman's struggles this year and still think we have an offense comparable to the one Orton directed in 2005. It's a pretty good offense with young players, it just needs more consistancy.

I guess if he means top half by "one of" I would agree. Anything more than that is an overstatement IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                              uh... Their offense gets the job done. Their defense is arguably the most talented in the NFL.

The chargers, seahawks (when healthy), colts, bengals and the saints all have better offenses than the Bears IMO.

And that's not a knock on the Bears. It's reality knocking on your door.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Mike Brown isn't key, it just so happens that the rest of our safties are pretty mediocre (hopefully Danieal develops in his second year).
                                as of this year he is...look at how our D dropped after he went out...he isn't necessarily just key to our secondary because we obviously saw that we had players who could fill the spot and still get the job done albeit not as well...but mike brown pretty much runs the D...urlacher came out and said near the end of the year that it has been hard to adjust without brown because he sees the field better from his position and relays audibles and coverage shifts based on the offense, but when urlacher had to do that because they couldn't rely on the secondary to then they were in worse shape than before(granted they still weren't in bad shape...but worse) so brown is considered a key part of the defense for how he plays as well as how he leads the defense on the field...and I think manning will develop to be very good in our system considering he played pretty well as a rookie and most of his mistakes(i.e. taking bad angles in pursuit, coverage judgement, etc.) were all because of inexperience

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information