Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drama in Denver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drama in Denver

    Apparently, Bly wanted to be traded to Washington, as they were willing to give him a contract extension, but they couldn't match Denver's offer.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788121

  • #2
    We were talking about this on the Lions team forum-thingy as well.

    Dre Bly should stop his whining. The offer from the Skins was absolute crap, and Bly only wanted to go there because of the fat contract he'd be able to demand there.

    Sig by Fenikz

    I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

    Comment


    • #3
      Makes me feel better that we didn't end up with him.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

      “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

      Comment


      • #4
        Another log on the fire perhaps.

        *RUMOR* Denver sports radio, citing "inside sources" says the Broncos could be working on a trade with the Skins. The Broncos would get Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts and Denver would send newly acquired Dre Bly to the Skins along with a 2008 conditional mid-round pick (I'm assuming a 4th). The trade would be contingent on Springs giving the Skins some cap relief.

        I would imagine a holdup might be that the Skins want a pick in THIS year's draft. These are likely only negotiations , if there is ANY truth involved, and absolutely nothing could come from it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Maybe the Broncos can trade Bly for Portis... Every single year must have a "Broncos own the Redskins" moment.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            Maybe the Broncos can trade Bly for Portis... Every single year must have a "Broncos own the Redskins" moment.
            LOL. That wouldn't be one-sided... one-sided implies there is another side present.

            It's more like the Bronco's taking a crap on the Redskins logo on their home turf while dressed up as Cowboys singing 'you can't touch this' by MC Hammer.

            Sig by Fenikz

            I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Apparently, Bly wanted to be traded to Washington, as they were willing to give him a contract extension, but they couldn't match Denver's offer.

              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788121
              I don't think any team could of matched what the Broncos gave up. If Matt Millen makes a few more moves like that he might end up not getting tar and feathered in Detroit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Taken from a Broncos Message Board.

                I was listening to the Duke-UNC game on XM... since XM provides the home team's feed, I was listening to the UNC announcers... at halftime, they interviewed Bly,who obviously was at the Game... HE is a former tarheel... They asked him about things...

                He said it's been a hectic/busy/interesting week... that he was a Bronco. Started off great... The next question: So, how do you feel about the trade and your thoughts about the broncos... This is where things got starnge...

                Bly said he couldn't respond and answer that b/c it's free agency and all that and then made a point of adding... I LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING SOME TEAM GET TO THE SUPER BOWL! What? eh? huh?
                Why make a point of saying "some" team? Why not say I am pumped to help Denver get to the Super Bowl? Why say he couldn't comment b/c it was free agency? Strange?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by McBain View Post
                  Another log on the fire perhaps.

                  *RUMOR* Denver sports radio, citing "inside sources" says the Broncos could be working on a trade with the Skins. The Broncos would get Shawn Springs and Ladell Betts and Denver would send newly acquired Dre Bly to the Skins along with a 2008 conditional mid-round pick (I'm assuming a 4th). The trade would be contingent on Springs giving the Skins some cap relief.

                  I would imagine a holdup might be that the Skins want a pick in THIS year's draft. These are likely only negotiations , if there is ANY truth involved, and absolutely nothing could come from it.
                  How's that gonna affect Smoot? Didn't he say he "ain't a 3rd corner to nobody?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                    How's that gonna affect Smoot? Didn't he say he "ain't a 3rd corner to nobody?"
                    He was already a third corner to Brian Williams. :D

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And Cedric Griffen. Fred Smoot is junk.


                      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Smoot is right.

                        Hes a better fit as a 4th corner....

                        on Detroit.

                        Or maybe a 3rd for the Rhein Fire.

                        Thanks jkpigskin!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information