No announcement yet.

Kansas City May Lose Chiefs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really doubt this even comes close to happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
      "A source with knowledge of the situation has reminded us that the Hunt family has committed $125 million to Arrowhead Stadium renovations that are due to be completed in 2010."
      LOL at FoxNews. What a joke. More garbage from a garbage news source.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
        Hell, take the Royals but leave the Chiefs imo.
        don't take any of them

Comment

I'm surprised Portland doesn't have a team.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Yeah Portland, ME is a hot bed for football. wtf NFL get on it!
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              While there may be a lot of people, it's not a strong enough market for a football team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Here is an essay I wrote back in 8th grade about teams relocating
                Relocation of NFL Teams: Its all true. I am completely against teams moving:

Have you ever wondered what happened to the cities that once had a NFL franchise? The relocation of a National Football League team can have devastating consequences to the fans, players and the city. Since 1960, eight NFL franchises relocated to a new area. Some cities got their team back after time, but some didn’t. Luckily, a NFL team has not moved in over ten years, but that might change in the future.
                Relocating NFL franchises can take a toll on the mentality of fans and players. In 1996, the Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore and became know as the Ravens. The Browns’ fans revolted and filed over one-hundred lawsuits. During the Browns’ last game in Cleveland, chaos broke out. In the last moments of the game, fans started to tear apart the stadium. Seats and railings were ripped off and thrown. In 1984, the Baltimore Colts moved to Indianapolis overnight. According to Wikipedia.com, several Mayflower Transit trucks were dispatched and lugged all the equipment out of town at three o’clock in the morning. This affected the legal system of Baltimore. To prevent the relocation, Baltimore was going to pass a law (eminent by domain) which would put off the moving. However, the Colts owner and Indianapolis’ mayor reached an agreement before Maryland passed the bill. That was the reason for the abrupt relocation of the franchise. Relocation of a NFL franchise can affect the lives of the players, too. Once their team moves, they have to move too. The players are forced to sell their houses and buy new ones. Their children will have to make new friends and attend a different school. If a player becomes stressed over these things, it may negatively affect their performance on the field. Relocation can cause havoc for a city, players and fans.
                Many restaurants and retail stores rely on a team for their success. Sports bars bring in more people if they are on TV. More people will mean more money. There are also countless stores that rely on the teams merchandise and memorabilia. If the team were to move the store will have an extraordinarily tough time surviving. If a team store were to close, the employed become unemployed. Personally, not including ticket prices, I have spent over five-hundred dollars on Bills memorabilia and merchandise in my lifetime. If the team moves, all my Bills belongings become worthless.
                I surveyed twenty-five people over eighteen years of age about the topic of moving a NFL franchise. Not surprisingly, twenty-four believed that if a team where to relocate, it would negatively affect the fans, players, and the city. I asked the one person for his reasoning for being a proponent of moving a franchise. He wanted too see a bigger city like Los Angeles with a team. He also said the small market teams should be replaced with large market teams. I countered his argument by explaining how the Los Angeles Rams had to move in the first place. It was due to poor attendance at their football games. I also explained how a team that moved to a new area may have a small fan base because of the team’s performance. If the team plays poorly in the beginning, many fans will be turned away. The team wont have the loyal smaller market Packers, Browns, Bills, etc. fans that always sellout no matter the teams record. About three-hundred people took a survey asking many questions about expansion and relocation of the NFL on Misterpoll.com. One question was “What NFL team(s) should be moved?” The answer with the most votes was “The NFL doesn't need to relocate”. Thirty-one percent of the people believed no team should move.
                The relocation of a NFL franchise can produce drastic consequences. It can hurt the mental state of the fans. Also, players’ lives will change along with their family. The moving of a team will negatively affect the financial situation of the city. Businesses that rely on Bills memorabilia will go bankrupt. Some of the best sports bars will have a difficult time staying open. The best way to prevent the relocation of your favorite team is to buy tickets and support your team. Though it’s a possibility, hopefully we will not witness a relocation of a National Football League franchise in our life time.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Build the new stadium and the fans will come. Who the **** would ever want to go to the Coliseum in the middle of the hood to watch an NFL team? Not a lot of people.
                  id watch the giants at a high school gymnasium for all i care.

The problem with LA is its fickle fan base. They love the Lakers bc theyre always good. They pretend to love USC. But football has too much parity for a team to constantly be good, and during bad times, that football team won't be supported in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    id watch the giants at a high school gymnasium for all i care.

The problem with LA is its fickle fan base. They love the Lakers bc theyre always good. They pretend to love USC. But football has too much parity for a team to constantly be good, and during bad times, that football team won't be supported in LA.
                    Seriously. The Kings, Clippers, and Lakers all play in the Staples center. Say something?

Comment

the kings and the clippers suck, but there's no talk of them being moved. I think LA should get another chance at a football team. its been 15 years or so.
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Seriously. The Kings, Clippers, and Lakers all play in the Staples center. Say something?
                        Kings play at Arco Arena.
                        Which is in sacramento. Which is 385 miles from Los Angeles.
                        And Seattle to Portland is 185 miles, and they never had problems filling up The Rose Garden and Key for a while.
                        but you were saying?
                        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

He was talking about the hockey team...also named the Kings.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                            Kings play at Arco Arena.
                            Which is in sacramento. Which is 385 miles from Los Angeles.
                            And Seattle to Portland is 185 miles, and they never had problems filling up The Rose Garden and Key for a while.
                            but you were saying?
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Kings

But you were saying?

Comment

I still think a team in Vegas would boom moreso than LA

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

First off, the cut of 2 million is proposed--meaning it hasn't been passed yet. The Mayor proposed the cut, and he is extremely unpopular, and it would not surprise me to see City Council ignore the cut and not include it in the final budget.

Second, both the Royals and the Chiefs have invested millions of dollars into their stadiums, and both have received millions of dollars from the public. I would be shocked to see either leave.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information