Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City May Lose Chiefs

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506325,00.html

Officials are worried that Kansas City's Major League football and baseball teams may be forced to leave because of budget deficits.

Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders has reported an $85 million budget shortfall that needs to be taken care of by the end of the month and may force the Chiefs and the Royals to go elsewhere, according to KMBC.com.

To relieve the deficit, Mayor Mark Funkhouser has proposed a budget that would eliminate the nearly $2 million the city spends annually on the Truman Sports Complex, the station said.

If the proposal is passed, the city will pull the yearly contribution, breaking the lease on the sports complex with no guarantee of keeping the two teams.

"This came with no notice to us. We were unaware that this was even going to be an issue," Sanders said in a radio interview. "Those leases are now gone. We would be on a tightrope or a high wire with no safety net."
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Come To La!

Comment

It's not happening over $2 million.

Comment

"A source with knowledge of the situation has reminded us that the Hunt family has committed $125 million to Arrowhead Stadium renovations that are due to be completed in 2010."

Bottom line the Chiefs are going nowhere.

End of thread.

Comment

I thought this was going to be another thing over the actual "chiefs" name. I was gonna say, you'd expect a name like the Redskins would go first. I mean come on, seriously. haha.

Another conversation entirely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

I'm sure Los Angeles would love to have them as anyone else ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

The funny thing is that a few years ago...The Orlando Magic were really close to moving to Kansas City.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

No city deserves to lose their team. Not one. Its like losing a family member that you think about everyday.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

You don't drop 125 millon of your own money like Chiefs owner Clark Hunt just did in to a stadium then move the team away from that stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    los angeles would love to have any team for about a week. then they would predictably fail to support that team, and that team would move away. this should all sound familiar. LA is a pathetic football market.
                    Build the new stadium and the fans will come. Who the **** would ever want to go to the Coliseum in the middle of the hood to watch an NFL team? Not a lot of people.

Comment

wow, that would destroy the fan base. They are top 5

Comment

Move em to OKC...not too far of a drive, and I could have a local team to support. Although, I'm not the only Broncos fan here, I did see a guy wearing a broncos beanie at a Thunder game.

But like Splat said, they arent going anywhere. I guess I'm just a little anxious to get a team here haha

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Well L.A. did approve to build a new stadium.
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

It'd be a dark day if we lost the Chiefs and Royals

Comment

Hell, take the Royals but leave the Chiefs imo.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information