Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the approach your team took in Free Agency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the approach your team took in Free Agency?

I like what the 49ers have done. We're switching to something along the lines of a power run team with a few deep balls to keep defenses honest. So we got a FB who has had success with us in a similar scheme 2 years ago in Moran Norris and a WR with some potential and played in a similar scheme in Tennesee in Brandon Jones. Neither signing is a huge upgrade but we got good role players at good prices. Demetric Evans from the Redskins was also signed at less than 2 mil a year and he'll provide good depth. But im glad we avoided the big names this year. Not a whole lot of upgrades at positions of need, so not worth spending the big bucks this year. At least, IMO.

Other teams offseasons i've liked- Rams, Ravens, and Giants.

yes, we didnt over pay and we added some servicable/good players

Comment

No, we need more and we're being waiting for a Safety by the name of James Butler to decide, and he's not even a Pro Bowler, move on to the other Free Agents.
      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

The Pats are doing a great job getting stop-gaps in place so they can take high-ceiling players in the draft. This is a crappy draft class...you're not going to find a lot of guys that have high potential that can play at a high level right away... It's either getting a guy that can help you out now, but not really improve much beyond what he is or a high potential guy that can probably only help on special teams and special packages for awhile...
        ________
        HEAD SHOP
        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I personally am happy with the Packers policy towards free agency. A lot of people will complain about Ted Thompson and his impossible to pry open wallet but I would rather build through the draft then overpay on a mediocre class of free agents.

Comment

I was hoping that the new regime would build through the draft like the Steelers and Colts and a few other teams do, and so far that looks to be the case. We haven't done anything exciting, but I'm not dissatisfied with the offseason so far that's for sure.

Comment

I like what the Jets have done. They have been willing to go and get players that fill voids, and some that know the new system. I much prefer this to sitting around and being passive. I love Bart Scotts enthusiasm, and having a guy like him to rally the troops and that knows the system is a very big boost. The difference between not having and having him should be considerable. Leohnard is a nice guy to get because he knows the system and is at least on par with Elam. Sheppard is a guy i've always liked, and hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder to show he was treated unfairly by the Eagles. He should be leaps and bounds better than any #2 we've had lately.

All good additions in my mind.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

You'll find no complaints from me.. Loved the Boley and Bernard signings. Think Boley is going to flourish here as a blitzing/attacking linebacker and I think the Bernard signing gives us great depth at tackle.. The Canty signing blew me away.. Didn't see that coming but when I read that he didn't want to leave the east coast, I had a good feeling and I feel he'll be a beast for us.. and then C.C. Brown.. under the radar quality signing, something that JR seems to perfect.. he'll compete with Michael Johnson to start at strong safety and will form a very formidable 3 man safety group with Kenny Phillips as well.. Overall, job well done Mr. Reese

Comment

I'm kind of happy with what the Broncos have done. I really like the signing of Dawkins to bring some veteran leadership to a crappy defense. I think we overpaid Goodman, which is really no different from us overpaying Bly. The Hill and Buckhalter signings were good, but I feel that they signed too many runningbacks. It doesn't seem like Hillis is going to get a fair shake, and I really liked what I saw out of him last year. They added some good D line depth, but really no one outstanding. Enough players to improve the defense, and let them build through the draft.

Overall, I'd give them a B, B+ tops

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Yeah i'll second the liking of the 49ers off-season. Re-signing Spikes, and Rossum were both great moves.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

yes, I like the idea if they are not worth what they are going to get then forget them. Plus we will be resigning our own guys who have proven they can play in our system.

Comment

I like what the Titans have done so far. Hopefully we'll sign another CB and maybe a LB or something before the draft. I also haven't heard anything about our backup o-lineman so hopefully we re-sign them as well.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          I was hoping that the new regime would build through the draft like the Steelers and Colts and a few other teams do, and so far that looks to be the case. We haven't done anything exciting, but I'm not dissatisfied with the offseason so far that's for sure.
                          Personally, I love what the Browns are doing. Kokinis' big claim to fame was his scouting of other teams players and he's taking his time and not overpaying for people. The Browns have only signed two players who are likely backups, but for very reasonable contracts.

Mike Adams for 3 years, $4.1 million seems like a steal for how well he played last year.

I hope the Browns can also sign Leigh Bodden and CJ Mosely.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                            It doesn't seem like Hillis is going to get a fair shake, and I really liked what I saw out of him last year.
                            "Fair shake"? The FB has a role in McDaniels' offense, just not a big one. Hillis won't start but I expect he'll still contribute as FB and perhaps also H-Back/TE.

We were in need of a defensive overhaul and we got it. No one particularly outstanding, but enough experienced players to tide us over while we draft and develop their replacements. On offense, we added some role players and guys familiar with the new system.

Despite the panic around some of the fan favorites, it seems like the new additions will bring a fair amount of stability that was sorely lacking last year. I like what've they've tried to do so far... it will be interesting to see how things play out in the draft.

Comment

In a word.... NO!
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information