Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the approach your team took in Free Agency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Ehhh it was time for Igor to go, he has a role to play on a D but ultimately not too unhappy about his departure.
    Really good 3-4 ends can be tough to find and he seemed like one of the better ones.

Comment

Someone should tell Ted Thompson that free agency started.
      Just Kidding.

I like what Thompson does in free agency. You rarely see bad contracts given out by Green Bay. Plus, we have guys of our own to bring back.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Really good 3-4 ends can be tough to find and he seemed like one of the better ones.
        He was kind of headed in that direction but just stopped improving. Luis Castillo had a down year but I wouldn't swap him for Igor under any scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          Someone should tell Ted Thompson that free agency started.
          Just Kidding.

I like what Thompson does in free agency. You rarely see any contracts given out by Green Bay. Plus, we have guys of our own to bring back.
          Fixed it for ya, lol

Comment

Im not really happy with how free agency is going for the pack. When it seems like the pack need to go out and make a move to help the team, TT sits on his hands and waits and all the players that could help the team most, go to the other teams. Its quite disappointing.

Comment

I guess the Cassel/Vrabel trade wasn't bad but other than that, not really. The Chiefs aren't well known for big FA moves. I was hoping we would have tried to sign Canty or Igor but oh well.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                Fixed it for ya, lol
                Appreciate it.

Comment

Yes because we arnt wasting money on players that dont deserve it( so far anyways). We also restructured a few contracts that gives us a good amount of cap room. We also got rid of Kwame Harris which is always a plus.

Id still like to see us go after a OT. It looks like Barnes isnt going to sign with us :(. He left Oakland without a contract today so it looks like another team will land him.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

The Jaguars have done pretty much nothing. meh. I'll take a wait-and-see approach on this one.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                      No, we need more and we're being waiting for a Safety by the name of James Butler to decide, and he's not even a Pro Bowler, move on to the other Free Agents.
                      Rams signed a great Center, resigned a very good cornerback and are on the verge of getting a strong safety that is waaaay better than their previous one. I would say it's been a very good free agency period so far for the Rams. A 2-14 team with 10 billion needs isn't going to fix the hole team during one free agency period.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        Dude it's been so awesome. The only way I'd say we could improve this 8-8 squad would be to cut LT. That'd be fun because he could join Rodney Harrison, Drew Brees, Michael Turner and Wes Welker in the "recent players the Bolts were just too good to get any compensation at all for" club.
                        Was there a reason you guys didn't franchise Turner? At least I don't think you did, I'm just confused as to why you would franchise Sproles so quick yet Turner who is a workhorse got away...I know it's hindsight 20/20, but if AJ felt the need to franchise Sproles I don't see why he wouldn't for Turner.

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                        Step 3: Release a burnt out QB you never should have signed in the first place
                        Step 6: Release a horrible safety who should have been let go years ago

So how are these considered bad moves? I can't believe some of you are so down on FA so far, but while were at it, what would you have liked to of done differently?
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 03-07-2009, 12:42 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                          I guess the Cassel/Vrabel trade wasn't bad but other than that, not really. The Chiefs aren't well known for big FA moves. I was hoping we would have tried to sign Canty or Igor but oh well.
                          Yep, what can you say. Clark Hunt is a cheap ass.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Was there a reason you guys didn't franchise Turner? At least I don't think you did, I'm just confused as to why you would franchise Sproles so quick yet Turner who is a workhorse got away...I know it's hindsight 20/20, but if AJ felt the need to franchise Sproles I don't see why he wouldn't for Turner.
                            Maybe because LT was showing wear and tear this year, where as the previous years he seemed fit as a fiddle. With health concerns, and the emerged play of Sproles I can definantly see why he was franchised, because if your stud RB is not 100% why not ensure you have a proven guy that knows the system.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Yes, I'm very happy with what the Jets did this offseason. The only things I'm not happy about was cutting Brandon Moore go (and they resigned him, so cutting him was irrelevant) and letting C.J. Mosley go (which is very minor). Otherwise I'm happy with every move they made. Signing Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard and Lito Sheppard are each huge upgrades for the Jets at need positions. Okay, so maybe Leonhard is only a moderate upgrade. Still helps.

The Jets got Coles to agree to unguaranteeing his money so he could walk and in the process let the Jets cut a player who's pay wasn't matching his production.

At this point,

1. Draft a #1 wide receiver in the first round
                              2. Add some depth guys at positions where they are at bit thin (DE, ILB, OL, WR, TE)
                              3. Go almost pure BPA for the rest of the draft after getting the WR.

is the most I could even wish for from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                                I personally am happy with the Packers policy towards free agency. A lot of people will complain about Ted Thompson and his impossible to pry open wallet but I would rather build through the draft then overpay on a mediocre class of free agents.
                                Not all of them have been mediocre FAs. There are moves you guys could've made and I would argue needed to make. Building through the draft is all fine and dandy, but at what success rate do you think you'd need to make and how many years in a row do you have to hit at that rate to have a SB caliber contender? FA is a must in today's NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information