Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like the approach your team took in Free Agency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty happy with the Raiders so far. Cut who needed to be cut, restructured 3 contracts, resigned Cooper Carslile, Nnamdi, Chris Johnson and Shane Lechler... very close to signing Khalif Barnes. I hope we didn't cut Gibril but w/e... lets just hope we don't get TO

Comment

I'm gonna take a different approach and grade my division rivals' moves.

Redskins - Gotta aplaud Snyder for the size of his balls. No wait... this is more the case of small man syndrome. You know.. the guy with the big monster truck who steps out and is 4 ft tall? haha... $100M for Al? OK, so he won the jackpot... he as in Haynesworth. As for Snyder and the Skins, I gotta be honest... there is real upside for this signing. Remember MB3 running down their throats eating up the rest of the clock for the win? I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen now. The Skins have always had what I thought was a patchwork DL. It worked from time to time, but was always inconsistent and never reliable. I've criticized Snyder in the past for big money signings for unwarranted players, but this year.... I like what he's done. Between Haynesworth and Hall, that's a lot of money to dole out, but the defense should step forward as the risk here is very minimal. We know the talent is legit. The only downside is the cost. So while the price is high, the improvement is sure.

Grade: A

Giants - Maybe someone can explain it better to me, but I just don't understand what is the logic behind these moves. Michael Boley, 5yr/25M? Really? I understand the need for a SLB, but this came at too high a cost for a player who is just expected to fill the role adequately. I guess Kaluka Maiava is out of the picture now.. Sorry... I had to BBD. ;) Yes, Boley is in the prime of his career, but he hasn't really done anything outstanding in his career. But that seems to be the spending trend for the G-Men this offseason. Overspending on players who have yet to do anything outstanding in their careers. I loved what Canty brought to the table... in his rookie season. Since then, every offseason I forced myself to believe that THIS will be the year when he emerges as one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league.... well, he stayed in neutral and never found the next gear. He has grown and filled out his frame to the point where he is a man of intimidating stature, but he still leaves a lot to be desired. Now that he's changing roles, changing schemes, there is a lot of uncertainty in this signing. With uncertainty, there is hope... but there should also be honest concern. I don't think the Giants can honestly feel like they have the answer they need. I think they thought, "Yes! We signed Canty for less than half the cost that Haynesworth went for." But I think they got suckered. 5yr/$42M is a hefty price tag. So hefty that he's getting paid more than Umenyiora and Tuck. And that's not even the worst part. They signed him after signing another DT, Rocky Bernard. I understand the Giants love their Defensive Line, but this is over the top. ...and it will affect their ability to address other areas. Their number 2 objective should have been/and was resigning Jacobs and they did that, so that was great....especially with a contract that ends when he's 30. But their number 1 objective imo was addressing WR. Plaxico is in too much hot water. Even if he is freed by the law (which is still uncertain), Goddell is sure to bring the hammer down on him. We all saw that even with Jacobs, the offense was inept without Plax in the line up. A rookie WR will not fill those needs... not in the time frame the Giants need him to. This is a team that has had as many troubled characters as any in the league and guess what they did this offseason? They added two women beaters in Bernard and Boley. So yeah... I'm confused.

Grade: B-

Eagles - The Eagles are going backwards fast. The loss of Brian Dawkins, Tra Thomas, Sean Considine, LJ Smith, and Correl Buckhalter have to hurt. Sure, they picked up some hope in Sean Jones, but that's a big downgrade from Dawkins. They just lost the heart of their defense. And in Thomas, McNabb just lost his security blanket in the guy who has been covering the blind side of his ass for as long as he can remember. WR is still a concern and they got even worse after losing Greg Lewis to the Pats. I can't see how Lewis is not good enough for the Eagles, but he is good enough for the Pats. They then missed out on Housh and Coles. 2 guys that could've immediately helped their cause. They might as well start Kolb at QB because they've wiped their slate clean. It's clear in their message that valued veterans are no longer of use in the direction of the team. Hope they enjoyed thier playoff run, because that window has just been shut closed.

Grade: D-

Comment

49ers -

Happy about resigning Takeo Spikes and Allen Rossum. Was hoping for Sproles but after he was franchised, that obviously wasnt going to happen.

Happy about the Moran Norris signing as he will help our power running game that we will now be running.

Brandon Jones signing is 50/50 at best. Have to wait and see how he does as a 49er. Personally, would have re-signed Bryant Johnson as he seemed to come on strong once Hill became the starter.

Signing Damon Huard was a solid move as he gives us the veteran QB that we need to be the third stringer. Huard is an improvement over Dilfer, Sullivan, Martin and whoever else we had in the last few years.

Demetric Evans will be a backup / role player at best.

Would have liked to see SF resign DT Ronald Fields for depth and wanted a RT and a pass rushing OLB but those who were available werent worth the money.

Just hoping we can get a RT and a pass rushing OLB in the first two rounds of the draft and I will be a happy camper.

Comment

Ruskell did a good job in free agency IMO. Re-signed Willis, franchised Hill (still need a long-term deal), picked up a blocking TE, Cole, and Housh.

There's still a long way to go though. JP could be a possible June 1st cut.

And my personal opinion of this free agency period will all come down to #4. If we pass on Crab, I'll blame Housh and hate the signing.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

The Colts don't believe in Free Ageny, like Santa Claus...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Yes, because Kevin Burnett>Ray Lewis. Seriously it's nice to see Ray Ray flounder around in FA for a while and then come home with a guy who has never started before. Championship! I'm glad a lot of people seem to like Burnett, and I'm hopeful, but there's still no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                The Colts don't believe in Free Ageny, like Santa Claus...
                A lot of people don't realize this but...

3 out of the last 4 superbowl winners haven't signed a Free Agent yet (Not including their own FA's).

NYG signed a FA while Indy hasn't even hosted any. Pitt hadn't hosted any until this week with Joey Galloway and Chris Carr. Those two would be excellent additions.

Galloway for mentorship and failsafe for Sweed. Carr Challenges *** for the NB Spot and is our starting KR/PR.

Allowing Pitt to focus on OL/DL/LB/FB and WR in their draft.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  Yes, because Kevin Burnett>Ray Lewis. Seriously it's nice to see Ray Ray flounder around in FA for a while and then come home with a guy who has never started before. Championship! I'm glad a lot of people seem to like Burnett, and I'm hopeful, but there's still no comparison.
                  You guys will be very pleased with Burnett if he can stay healthy...Nothing major to say he won't but he was knicked up quite a bit in his role on passing downs, but quite frankly I wanted to see him get his shot...Very athletic, can cover as good as any ILB in the 3-4, and has nice range, having Jamal Williams up front is only going to help because he's not a thumper.

Who is going to be playing next to him inside?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I like what we have done I just hope we are not done. We need to sign a FS.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      You guys will be very pleased with Burnett if he can stay healthy...Nothing major to say he won't but he was knicked up quite a bit in his role on passing downs, but quite frankly I wanted to see him get his shot...Very athletic, can cover as good as any ILB in the 3-4, and has nice range, having Jamal Williams up front is only going to help because he's not a thumper.

Who is going to be playing next to him inside?
                      Stephen Cooper, last seen reading Peyton's mind. He started off his career as a run thumping backup ILB but has developed into a playmaker in coverage and overall good linebacker. Not a wower, but he's solid everywhere and can move through traffic and shed blocks, so tough to complain.

Good report on Burnett, I'd like to see him really break out but even if he's just a role player we could seriously use a coverage backer; TEs have destroyed us over the middle since Donnie Edwards left.

Comment

I wish the Panthers had of kept Hangartner, no matter what anyone says we're going to miss a guy who has started in his career at RG, LG and C and did relatively well as a stop gap.

We need some DT help as well.

Methinks the Lucas release is paving the way for something.

Comment

Jets fans are happy people

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
                            Jets fans are happy people
                            Not in my experience :D

Comment

For the Lions... it could be better and it could be worse. If you take for granted that no true star FA is even going to consider them, then you'd have to say they've at least gotten off to a decent start, but they have more work to do for sure.

They've shown that they realize our secondary is in a true emergency situation and are doing their best to address it with Buchanon and Henry and others. They got a legit backup RB, a decent #2 WR and a DT who should at least be able to help against the run.

They still really need linebacking help, certainly, and depending on their draft plan they should get a backup QB or LT - whichever one they're NOT planning to use the #1 pick on.

Comment

Cut Pacman Jones. Win.
                                Cut Terrell Owens. Win some/Lose some.
                                Cut Roy Williams. Win.

Tender Miles Austin. Win.
                                Tender Sam Hurd. Win.
                                Tender Corey Procter. Fail.

Signed Keith Brooking. Win. Cheap. Played for Wade. Alternative: Pay Ray Lewis waaaaaaay more.
                                Signed Igor Olshansky. Win. Cheap. Played for Wade. Alternative: Pay Chris Canty waaaaaaay more.
                                Signed Gerald Sensabaugh. Tie. Cheap. Played under Campo (DAL Secondary Coach) in JAX. Alternative: Could've done worse. Any opinions on how they could've done better? Keep in mind, Dallas was courting Igor the same time Philly was courting Sean Jones... and Jones has no familiarity with the D.

Will resign Demarcus Ware. WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!

I'll give them an A. I've been satisfied. The vision for winning looks clearer today than at the start of FA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information