Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys sign DE Igor Olshansky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Most HC's have the power to do that... and Wade actually did do that to our DC Brian Stewart. But the difference is Wade brought on Stewart... Jerry brought on Ginger... gave Ginger that dumb contract... Wade had no control over offensive play calls.

    What was more hilarious than anything though... Romo overriding Wade's decisions to go for it on 4th down. I still laugh at Wade's face when he said, "You can't do that..." lmao. Zero control on offense. Zilch.
    Yeah....thats not good. Jones is to blame for that fiasco.

    That game was so bad. I was shocked at how gutless Dallas was in that game. That was essentially a playoff game if you think about it. And they treated it like crap.

    Comment


    • #32
      Question for you Dallas fans: does this mean Ratliff will be NT, or that Spears will be rotated in and you will try to draft a NT?

      Either way, as an Eagles fan I'm pissed about this move

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Yeah....thats not good. Jones is to blame for that fiasco.

        That game was so bad. I was shocked at how gutless Dallas was in that game. That was essentially a playoff game if you think about it. And they treated it like crap.
        Yep. Jerry is to blame. Jerry likes to roll the dice and Garrett was a hot commodity at the time. Unfortunately, not all decisions are the right decisions and so far Garrett looks like a bad one.

        As for the game... I'm never gonna watch a game with thule again. lol. I met up with him in Waikiki, and we watched the game at a Sports Bar/Resturant. Sucks even worse when loud Eagles fans are cheering right next to you. I had to hide my face in shame. :p

        Comment


        • #34
          According to people around the league, it's what appeared to happen to Olshansky last year that has likely turned off the Packers and other teams once they did a little digging. Two league sources, including one with the Chargers, said that once it became apparent to Olshansky that he wouldn't be getting a lucrative contract extension from San Diego, it appeared as if he shut down to preserve his health and, as a result, was nearly invisible the second half of last season. It got so bad that he was benched for four of the Chargers' final eight games after he had started the previous 54 in which he had appeared.

          Olshansky's poor effort down the stretch not only infuriated the coaches and front office, but also some of his teammates. They had known him to be absurdly arrogant -- to the point that some players thought he was a joke -- but when you don't start pulling your weight, players don't have much tolerance for that. - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
          I wouldn't be excited.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
            Question for you Dallas fans: does this mean Ratliff will be NT, or that Spears will be rotated in and you will try to draft a NT?

            Either way, as an Eagles fan I'm pissed about this move
            Ratliff at NT will never completely go away. But I think there will be some movement along the line if we can get all of the right pieces to make such a move. We do know that Spears at NT doesn't work. They tried it last year and it didn't work. Spears has never been able to get his career off the ground. Personally, I think he's a bad fit for the 3-4. If he were in a 4-3, he could've really had a much better career by now. The unknown in the group is Jason Hatcher. He was a 3rd round pick a couple years ago and he hasn't beaten out the competition. He was a Parcells project, so perhaps the new regime didn't develop him properly... but at 6'6", 295 with a boatload of athleticsm, you'd think he'd figure it out by now. We're still waiting...

            Comment


            • #36
              I think a 4-3 makes a lot of sense.

              I think Spears can thrive as a 4-3 NT. He's not a 3-4 NT, or DE, but he can be a very solid 4-3 NT.

              Ratliff would thrive at 4-3 UT

              Ware is a beast, throw him at CB and he'd still kick ass.


              Spencer could be the RE and Ware the LE, then you just need get some LBs and youre good to go.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                I wouldn't be excited.
                That excerpt actually makes a lot of sense. I never considered Igor to be the brightest tool in the shed. As if this cheap contract isn't further proof. Luckily, you don't need to be a brain to play the position. LOL.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I think a 4-3 makes a lot of sense.

                  I think Spears can thrive as a 4-3 NT. He's not a 3-4 NT, or DE, but he can be a very solid 4-3 NT.

                  Ratliff would thrive at 4-3 UT

                  Ware is a beast, throw him at CB and he'd still kick ass.


                  Spencer could be the RE and Ware the LE, then you just need get some LBs and youre good to go.
                  unless they plan on running the Cover 2 that d-line would get run over. The Cowboys had their problems vs. the run last year but it would worsen if they did that, imo.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    unless they plan on running the Cover 2 that d-line would get run over. The Cowboys had their problems vs. the run last year but it would worsen if they did that, imo.
                    Oh that rush defense... :( Did you guys see Zach get plowed over on those two runs against Buffalo? Ratliff is not a good run stuffer either. He gets taken out so bad sometimes and it's just not funny.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                      whose that?
                      Ryan Grant, Atari Bigby, Donald Lee, and Al Harris.

                      Ryan Pickett and Charles Woodson would be the two that were excluded.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Really good singing by the Cowboys, and I don't say that often, personally didn't even know he was a FA

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Thomas was pretty much the primary reason the run defense failed down the stretch but, as for the season as a whole...the unit wasnt even that bad, they were ranked like 12th or something by year's end and they were in the top 8-10 for most of the year against the run. Not amazing, but not terrible either. What hurt the most is that they were just on the field too long...our offensive inconsistancies really killed us last year. There was a time last season when Dallas' defense was playing like a top unit and they were ranked in the top 5 in yards against. Now, we still need some coverage help in the middle but, bringing in Brooking (an upgrade over Thomas) and dropping T.O., should only help us here. We still need that SS but, things are looking up.

                          and as for Igor...his agent denied any big time interest from the Packers, despite earlier reports of him gearing up for a visit there.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Thomas was pretty much the primary reason the run defense failed down the stretch but, as for the season as a whole...the unit wasnt even that bad, they were ranked like 12th or something by year's end and they were in the top 8-10 for most of the year against the run. Not amazing, but not terrible either. What hurt the most is that they were just on the field too long...our offensive inconsistancies really killed us last year. There was a time last season when Dallas' defense was playing like a top unit and they were ranked in the top 5 in yards against. Now, we still need some coverage help in the middle but, bringing in Brooking (an upgrade over Thomas) and dropping T.O., should only help us here. We still need that SS but, things are looking up.

                            and as for Igor...his agent denied any big time interest from the Packers, despite earlier reports of him gearing up for a visit there.
                            I don't think Brooking is any better though. He might actually be even worse.

                            The NFC East has the sickest defenses. We might have 4 of the top 5 defenses in the league next year.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I don't think Brooking is any better though. He might actually be even worse.

                              The NFC East has the sickest defenses. We might have 4 of the top 5 defenses in the league next year.
                              Brooking is an upgrade in the sense...that he has a better body and better know how of the defense. Neither could cover a lick but, Keith isnt going to tire like Zach did. By season's end, Zach was done, absolutely shot and he was just getting pancaked over and over and over. None of us are really "stoked" for the Brooking signing but, he should certainly fair better than Zach. We all recognize that it is still a glaring need and I for one, dont have any faith in Bobby Carpenter to play nickel linebacker for us in place of Brooking. But if we can find that coverage guy...Brooking should be a much better two down guy than Zach.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-07-2009, 08:40 AM.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Brooking is an upgrade in the sense...that he has a better body and better know how of the defense. Neither could cover a lick but, Keith isnt going to tire like Zach did. By season's end, Zach was done, absolutely shot and he was just getting pancaked over and over and over. None of us are really "stoked" for the Brooking signing but, he should certainly fair better than Zach. We all recognize that it is still a glaring need and I for one, dont have any faith in Bobby Carpenter to play nickel linebacker for us in place of Brooking. But if we can find that coverage guy...Brooking should be a much better two down guy than Zach.
                                I dunno, Brooking is just as old and tired as Zach is. The only upside he has over Zach is familiarity with the scheme. He didn't even play well in the scheme back then, btw.

                                The problem with the Brooking signing is now even if you do draft a young upcoming guy, he'll have to sit behind Keith. Wade isn't going to favor a rookie over Brooking, so all he's really going to do is hinder your defense.

                                Whatever happened to Pat Watkins? I thought he had a lot of promise...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information