*Terrell Owens to the Buffalo Bills*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
    One question I have about this is the contract.
    Yes, I love the 1 year deal but why so high? And why all guaranteed? From what I know there weren't many, if any, other teams interested so why didn't the Bills make it more incentive based?
    Anyone got any insight on this?
    Probably because they missed on their other FA targets and need to get to the salary cap floor.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Barber speaks out on T.O.
      07:54 AM ET 03.07

---> The normally media shy Marion Barber had something to say Friday. In two interviews, the Cowboys running back talked about Terrell Owens' release and the team's locker room problems.

"I don't cause controversy, I'm just straightforward," Barber told The Dallas Morning News. "[Critics] are trying to make [Owens] into something he's not. I felt the same way like everybody else, but then I met the man. Once you know who he is, he's a great guy."

Barber, who is good friends with Owens, and lives next door to him in a downtown Dallas high rise, said to blame the locker room problems on Owens was not fair.

Comment

• Owens probably is a great guy to play with, he's probably a pretty decent guy to have in the locker room most of the time as well. Realistically though for the Cowboys, they've got some good pieces on that offense now without Owens and realistically only need one or two more pieces.

The cowboys problems have never been lack of fire power or talent but lack of cohesion and or coaching. Without Owens they'll probably find it easier to build the culture and teamwork teams need to win in the NFL.

Comment

• hopefully out of this, TO can mentor James Hardy or Steve Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
            hopefully out of this, TO can mentor James Hardy or Steve Johnson
            Don't count on it.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
              Wonder how he's going to handle a young up in coming Quarterback.
              The same way he handled it with Tony Romo?

Comment

• Poor Trent.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Good luck Bills. Glad he's not on the Bears.

Comment

• What about the possibility that he did this with a big payday in mind for next season?

I haven't really been following with what's going on with the salary cap for next season but if TO can show that he can still perform at his age with a team like Buffalo, help them contend for a playoff spot, all the while being a model citizen in Buffalo, it could mean a big payday for him next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
                      What about the possibility that he did this with a big payday in mind for next season?

I haven't really been following with what's going on with the salary cap for next season but if TO can show that he can still perform at his age with a team like Buffalo, help them contend for a playoff spot, all the while being a model citizen in Buffalo, it could mean a big payday for him next year.
                      No one is gonna give him a big payday. The biggest payday he ever could have imagined could only have come from Dallas, and it did prior to this season. No one will give Terrell Owens big money again.

Comment

• If plays like he did last year with no problems he'll get another contract like the one he just signed.

If he ***** up in Buffalo he'll probably be forced to retire.

Comment

• not so bold prediction...the Buffalo Bills will cut Terrell Owens by week 10

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                            That's exactly why I think it'll work well here in buffalo. Little national media attention will mean less TO all the time which will be better for everyone. And as long as TO is friendly and funny to the local media he'll do well here. Although this might just save Jauron's job, which would be unfortunate.
                            There was little national media attention on Buffalo before TO came to town, that's going to change very soon because ESPN has one camera dedicated to TO everywhere he goes at all times, and the first time he looks like he's upset on the sidelines your going to get a 45 minute special about how he's destroying the team already.

It's not like they'll just not follow him around since he's in Buffalo, their going to make sure Buffalo gets some night games now especially vs the Patriots and TO is going to get the hype train built, he doesn't even have to do anything different.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw lmao! hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                There was little national media attention on Buffalo before TO came to town, that's going to change very soon because ESPN has one camera dedicated to TO everywhere he goes at all times, and the first time he looks like he's upset on the sidelines your going to get a 45 minute special about how he's destroying the team already.

It's not like they'll just not follow him around since he's in Buffalo, their going to make sure Buffalo gets some night games now especially vs the Patriots and TO is going to get the hype train built, he doesn't even have to do anything different.
                                Quoted for truth. And because it's a night game, he'll want to show off and if he doesnt have a great game, it'll be worse.

Showing off:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information