Top 10 Defensive ends going into next year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario
    He's a freak, he hasn't become the clear cut top DE yet, but I think he's got the best case as he's really a force against the run and pass without anyone to take attention from him.

JA
    Remarkable pass rusher who's off the field concerns hamper his case for the top DE spot.

Osi
    Am I being a homer? Possible but I don't think so, he's coming off of injury but in TC Osi was looking the best he's ever looked and when osi's on, no LT can handle him one on one. I injury questions are all that's keeping him behind JA and Mario for now, if they don't improve next season and Osi's healthy and ballin I'll move him up.

John Abraham
    Yeah, he's weak against the run, but Abraham just gets sacks, his penetration is great for the position and he's taken Freeney's spot as the best pure pass rushing DE in the NFL, now if only he could better channel his penetration against the run, then I'll feel comfortable making a case for him to be top three.

Tuck
    Kid's moving up, he's still not on Osi's level but his versatility on the line is huge and he's very effective against the run and pass.

Peppers
    Another just freakish athlete, unfortunately Peppers has been underwhelming for a few years now and maybe a change of scenery will help him become a consistent force which could move him up this list. His ability keeps him this high, but his production keeps him from moving higher.

Kampman
    No ridiculous athlete but a very smart pass rusher with a great motor that also makes him a very good run stuffer. If he had half of Peppers' athletic ability he'd be ahead of abraham on this list.

Freeney
    Still a great pass rusher who draws a lot of attention and is a guy you have to pay great attention to, that said his poor play against the run hurts him in a ranking against complete DEs.

Trent Cole
    A very strong pass rusher and under-rated run stopper, the man has some osi in him although his pass rush arsenal isn't quite as polish or developed yet.

There's a top nine, not really sure who to give the ten spot to so I'mma just end it there.
    Last edited by Mr. Hero; 03-17-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Why is your posted formatted so funny?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        Why is your posted formatted so funny?
        forgot to but spaces between the explanations and the next guy on the list, that and I didn't number them because my keyboard's kind of screwy, the three key doesn't work and I'm too lazy to copy and past a three.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
          forgot to but spaces between the explanations and the next guy on the list, that and I didn't number them because my keyboard's kind of screwy, the three key doesn't work and I'm too lazy to copy and past a three.
          O ok I was wondering, I tried reading the first paragraph I think it was and then stopped because it was annoying on the eyes. So I was just curious.

Comment

I re-spaced it so it should be a little easier on the eyes now.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information