No announcement yet.

LT, Bolts agree to restructured 3-year deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This is a good day for the Chargers and for Chargers fans," owner Dean Spanos said. "It was important for me to get this done so L.T. could continue his career here in San Diego where he means so much to our team, our fans and our community. The alternative was just unthinkable. He belongs in San Diego."

Tomlinson said, "I love San Diego and being a part of this team with my teammates. My No. 1 priority was to stay here in San Diego. I truly believe this is the place that gives me the best chance to be successful and win a championship. I want to finish the job we started when I got here eight years ago. My heart has always been in San Diego. I couldn't imagine putting on another uniform.

"I really appreciate the role Dean played throughout this process. He made it work for everyone and I appreciate his friendship more than he knows."

Awwww twu luv.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      "This is a good day for the Chargers and for Chargers fans," owner Dean Spanos said. "It was important for me to get this done so L.T. could continue his career here in San Diego where he means so much to our team, our fans and our community. The alternative was just unthinkable. He belongs in San Diego."

Tomlinson said, "I love San Diego and being a part of this team with my teammates. My No. 1 priority was to stay here in San Diego. I truly believe this is the place that gives me the best chance to be successful and win a championship. I want to finish the job we started when I got here eight years ago. My heart has always been in San Diego. I couldn't imagine putting on another uniform.

"I really appreciate the role Dean played throughout this process. He made it work for everyone and I appreciate his friendship more than he knows."

Awwww twu luv.
      What no quote from AJ Smith?

I see LT didn't thank him.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post

AJ already spilled out his heart on radio about how he felt about LT and the misunderstanding that led to this mess.

Comment

I agree that he is better as a utility player but it doesn't matter what we think what matters is what he and his agent think.

I would not be shocked at all if his agent is telling him to play on the tag and test FA next year I for one really don't see him signing a new deal with SD.
          His agent also realizes the importance of getting more money, otherwise Sproles would have signed that tag two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            His agent also realizes the importance of getting more money, otherwise Sproles would have signed that tag two weeks ago.
            Your right but I'm pretty sure he is thinking starter money not back up money he won't get that kinda deal in SD.

Comment

I still can't believe they tagged Sproles.
              Me too. Waste of money on a glorified third down runningback.

How the hell do you tag Sproles but let Michael Turner walk for nothing? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Comment

Glad they didn't dump him. One of the all-time greats when it's all said and done.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Me too. Waste of money on a glorified third down runningback.

How the hell do you tag Sproles but let Michael Turner walk for nothing? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
                  Once again, we haven't lost any money because Sproles hasn't signed yet. And I strongly believe he won't.

Comment

Once again, we haven't lost any money because Sproles hasn't signed yet. And I strongly believe he won't.
                    What's he going to do, sit out this year? He's got until June 15 to sign the tender, he's in no rush.

Comment

Players will always thank the owner because they're the one who write the checks. For example, you will always hear NE players thank Mr. Kraft, but never hear them thank Mr. Pioli.

Comment

What's he going to do, sit out this year? He's got until June 15 to sign the tender, he's in no rush.
                        Read my previous posts on why Sproles would rather sign a long term deal than sign a tag. He's not Terrell Suggs in terms of running backs (I use that analogy because they both have the same agent). He's going to want a long term deal that gives him more guaranteed money than the franchise tag. If he signs the tag and hurts himself during the season then he'll miss out on more money the next year as well as more financial security. So it's in his interest and his agent to try to get a long term deal now.

Comment

I wonder if Tomlinson never did anything meaningful again in the NFL how long it would take him to get into the HOF.

Comment

Still think they should of franchised Turner last off-season, and no that's not really hindsight because I feel like someone in the organization should have known what they had in Turner, and that LT was growing older each year.

Sproles was a huge part of what they did last year, but I also don't think it's hard to find guys like him, at least not as hard as it is to find another LT or Michael Turner for that matter.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Read my previous posts on why Sproles would rather sign a long term deal than sign a tag. He's not Terrell Suggs in terms of running backs (I use that analogy because they both have the same agent). He's going to want a long term deal that gives him more guaranteed money than the franchise tag. If he signs the tag and hurts himself during the season then he'll miss out on more money the next year as well as more financial security. So it's in his interest and his agent to try to get a long term deal now.
                              No **** it's in his best interest to get a long term deal. But what is he going to do if there's not a long term deal in place by June 15? He's going to have to sign the tender.

Comment

No **** it's in his best interest to get a long term deal. But what is he going to do if there's not a long term deal in place by June 15? He's going to have to sign the tender.
                                Hey dude. Take it easy. No need to be a ****ing *****. You said the tag was a waste and I just pointed out that it wasn't yet because nothing has been signed. They have until June 15, and if it gets that far I think a long term deal will be in place. There's too much risk for Sproles to just sign the tag right away.
                                Last edited by Xenos; 03-11-2009, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information